DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC AIR WEAK TRANSMISSION, DISCONNECT ISSUE!

E88665DC-A48D-4A2C-91BB-1E07C4C630BC.png 4DBBEAEE-EA92-4E46-BC3F-3B3ADEB5032F.png Ok so interesting, seems more than 10 signals but **** not really a good one at all. Is this normal?

67367DFD-BD13-41D4-BCFE-F73B42F27D51.png So did get my hands on a droid phone. No difference. Hooked ipx back up. Shot attached. So a load of red bars. Is a low green bar better than a high red bar?

For pic sake, it defaulted to sig 3 which as you can see is the jumbo red. That’s a load of red bars. That’s auto mode.

Last edited:
Well the difference between yours and mine was i didn’t have all those other channels showing up on mine like 11 and 149 and 153... so mine was really messed up.

Btw dji updated the app yesterday! Get that and see if it helps

For pic sake, it defaulted to sig 3 which as you can see is the jumbo red. That’s a load of red bars. That’s auto mode.

Edit: I'm not sure how good the transmitter does with he overlap channels - which is where you'll get little interference but the overlap noise, so i'm removing my comment until I can test more.

Last edited:
Ok I have somewhat of an update:
Yesterday a patch was released for GO4, but no description of what was fixed other than "Bug Fixes" - this is probably the release that someone had referenced for early May, and I'm assuming that this is also what the Tech meant by "delete the app for exactly 24 hours and then reinstall. I guarantee you it will work 100%".

I did not do this..i deleted the app in the evening and reinstalled in the morning thinking that this was a goofy suggestion to beginwith.

Then, the update came out.

Last evening i intended to do 3 tests: 1. connect my wife's iP7 Plus, if fail, then 2. Try a new cable, if fail, then 3. go back to my phone with the update. If that failed, i would factory restore my phone and start from scratch again.

It got a bit late and had to go into Dad mode, but I was able to install and use my wife's phone, which gave me the results i was looking for, and hope. Then i realized, 'stupid, you just dl'd the latest software on her phone, I should have tested my own device with the patches installed!'. I had buttery smooth vision, no issues at the same distance that gave me problems, AND the ability to choose between channel bands.

This morning, while i didnt have time to fly, i did have time to connect and see if i could choose channel bands in the Go4 App, and by golly, there it was! And, it was automatically set to the 5.8 ghz band, which seemed much, much more stable in my area. The 2.4 was pretty much garbage and that is why , i'm guessing, the disconnects were happening.

This afternoon I'm going to a field on my lunch break to see if i can fly further than 200 ft without disconnecting. Stay tuned

I find that in the city (and I'm within 3k of an airport), the interference is brutal. I find that when you look at the current channel, the bar goes right to the top of the grid which I've heard is bad. So you then select a small green one and it goes up as well. So either auto picks you a crap channel or once it becomes selected, it just signifies the selection by increasing the bar size and making it blue.

I can report that IOS 4.2.14 DOES not enable the upper 5.8 'custom' channels unfortunately.

Idk, but I just went out for a spin and have to say: After this last update, I was able to hit Custom, search a wide range of channels across both bands and i was finally able to fly with butter smooth transmission on my iP6S. All that's left is a firmware update that I saw pop up earlier, but other than that, my MA is now fully functional and just what I expected.

No further complaints from my end.

@Patmoss99 do you get better results when selecting custom channels than when using auto? And are you getting better results with 2.4 or 5.8?

In my area, on auto, 5.8 was the favored choice . I want the ability the change when i see fit, and the functionality is there. But really, i feel that in most situations the auto choice works fine.

In my case, 2.4 is terrible where i was flying. Ill need to switch manually to verify if that just wasnt a “bug”. Im glad this is working to my satisfaction, i didnt want to have to send it back!

OK, so I am a Mavic Pro, Spark, Solo and Karma owner so have some experience with Quads & issues for that matter --lol

Last week I received my AIR and of course, PUMPED! weather not great so didn't attempt to fly other than in my front yard just to test out.
Did all the updates and got it off the ground no problem. flew for a couple minutes then got a WEAK TRANSMISSION warning on the screen, then its disconnected from RC and landed safely on its own. It was odd but didn't think too much about. Decided I'd go to the park when weather permitted---WHICH WAS TODAY! So again checked for updates, headed to park and got off the ground with no issue. Then after a minute, WEAK SIGNAL, DISCONNECT and self-landed. I decided to try my phone instead of iPad and used the factory cable with IPX.
This time I flew up about 30 ft, hovered for a bit, then tried then flew a few minutes and boom, WEAK TRANSMISSION, DISCONNECT, self-land.

I then went into settings to check the wireless signals. Noticed lots of weak bands so I put into custom and picked a band that said was strong. Took off and got about 5 minutes in no prob then went up to 375 ft. to test range and it repeated the WEAK SIGNAL, LOST, RETURN.

Anyone hearing of this problem with other AIRS? Not seeing in a post?

THX IN ADVANCE!

Hi
Exactly same problems with my Mavic air, I've had it for 4 weeks and I've done everything I can possibly do even bought new Anker cables, running out of ideas now and not happy with the MA so far.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54