DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air / Wifi NO BUENO

DAMIANG

Reactions
DJI had me all excited for nothing.... Loved the look, size, style and new features but the Wifi link was the deal breaker. You almost had me at hello.

I was ready to put in the order, but when I found out no OccuSync, but an extended Wifi boosted link I said sh$$ and closed my Paypal webpage. Your radio link is the MOST important spec!! Dam it, I guess I will keep enjoying my Mavic Pro and wait to see what they do with the Mavic Pro 2 or have to wait even longer for the next version of the Mavic Air. If the Mavic Air would have had 30 min of flight time and OccuSync I would have ordered two. Kept it up DJI, you make some nice birds, but no cigar for me on this one.

I think you are going to start seeing a lot of post of lost Mavic Air's in the near future, with all the Wifi interference out there. I hope I am wrong.

They'll need to significantly drop the price of the Air, otherwise it will not sell as expected, apart from this initial wave of buyers ..
In a way I think the drone is a failure if compared to Mavic, otherwise it's fine, but not at this price.

Reactions: Neebles
They'll need to significantly drop the price of the Air, otherwise it will not sell as expected, apart from this initial wave of buyers ..
In a way I think the drone is a failure if compared to Mavic, otherwise it'll be fine, but not at this price.

I tend to agree. Not that it would necessarily stop me buying one depending on what side of the bed I wake up on, but... man...

I think the people who are spending THIS kind of money are going to be aware of OcuSync vs ... not-OcuSync, and I would hope would make a smart decision based on this.

I'm really super curious as to how people (not the DJI-sponsored peeps on YouTube) get on when they have them in hand.

Reactions: Drzzit
Your argument is legit. I only flown the Mavic Pro (OcuSync). Know that the Air does not utilize this, only wi-fi. Is it so bad? Are problems troublesome only in "high-wi-fi" areas and non existent in wildlands (where I will fly this drone)?

Are problems troublesome only in "high-wi-fi" areas and non existent in wildlands (where I will fly this drone)?
I think most of us that also own the Spark are frowning upon wifi due to some of the issues that it (Spark) has. Being that the phone/tablet is "hard wired" to the RC will surely help with any video lag.

Reactions: Garuda
Spark's wifi has never really been a problem for me. I still fly that bird more then all the others combined. I look forward to the Air, only wish it wasn't so ugly.

I really like the look of the A-10 Warthog, Italian Square Toes, and the Honda Element. It doesn't mean they're not ugly.

I ordered the air, then all the posts on here about ocusync made me cancel it. But then i had them reinstate my order because thinking back when i had my phantom 2 with the RC shark transmitter, i didnt have any issues with the video feed and the max distance i ever took that was 500meters so in conclusion...being that the Air is a much newer drone and has enhance wifi, i highly doubt i would have any issues with the Air. I think all the worries about the wifi is a none issue for the majority of what the people will use the Air for.

I ordered the air, then all the posts on here about ocusync made me cancel it. But then i had them reinstate my order because thinking back when i had my phantom 2 with the RC shark transmitter, i didnt have any issues with the video feed and the max distance i ever took that was 500meters so in conclusion...being that the Air is a much newer drone and has enhance wifi, i highly doubt i would have any issues with the Air. I think all the worries about the wifi is a none issue for the majority of what the people will use the Air for.

That will likely be true depending greatly on where you live/where you use it.

I'm standing down.

Better camera, smaller size while retaining performance, better obstacle avoidance, on board storage (anyone forgotten a chip before?) all good, good, good.

I can live with a smaller battery... its a smaller bird, be strategic about the shoot.

No flight telemetry on the R/C... No Ocusync, no Cinematic 4K, and cutting the Mavic's range in half... Thinking no but wishing it could have been a yes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Among1423