DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air with iPad

royston vasey

Reactions
I have an iPad with Wifi and cellular service and want to use it as a bigger display to fly my MA. I have an O2 SIM card in it but without any credit (data on it) my question is, will this still work ok Or does it require actual data to fly?
i did a test flight the other day of about 200 yards and it seemed ok? ??‍♂️ TIA
Pilot newbie

welcome to the forum ,i have a wifi only ipad you dont need to have cellular for flying your drone

Will work nicely ... the only thing you lose if not having data connection is that your map in GO4 will not update on the fly, you can remedy this by pre load the map through GO4 over wifi at home before you head out flying or connect the iPad to your mobile phone with a hotspot connection.

It will work really well. I use my iPhone as a hotspot and connect my iPad to that by wifi.

Reactions: old man mavic
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching. Thumbswayup

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Welcome to the forum....it will work but as stated already you will lose weather and other Apps information that I personally find necessary to fly and will not fly without.

I have an iPad with Wifi and cellular service and want to use it as a bigger display to fly my MA. I have an O2 SIM card in it but without any credit (data on it) my question is, will this still work ok Or does it require actual data to fly?
i did a test flight the other day of about 200 yards and it seemed ok? ??‍♂️ TIA
Pilot newbie
Here’s a helpful link for you from using search to show other threads on this subject.

• Haha
Reactions: Lastrexking
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78