DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air Won't start anymore

Jcwww

Reactions
Problem?
Unit will raise about 3-4 inches, then lean to back and left until rotor hits ground

Was unit in a crash?
While landing, one of the rotors touched a wooden pole while the drone was a couple of inches above the ground. No visible damage.

What have you tried so far?
Replace both back rotors

What device are you using ( iphone , ipad, Samsung , etc)?
IPhone X

What firmware are you running ( aircraft, remote controller)?
Latest as of Sept 16th

What Go app version are you using? 4.3.1

Any modification?
(if so what)
no

Did you change anything or install any apps? (if so what)
Litchi (same result when trying to start)

Do you have a video or pictures of the problem? (if so post link)
no

Any ideas? Seems like the back left motor is slower than the other three.

Ok, someone has to ask & I apologies in advance for insulting your intelligence, but you have put the correct props on the correct motors? Do the props turn freely at rest?

Reactions: Jcwww
Don't worry I'm a total newbie so it's highly likely I do stupid things :)

But yes, they turn freely. BTW, the replacement rotors that came with the fly more combo all looked pretty identical to me

Reactions: pinoydrone
There should be 4 with white marks at the centre hub & 4 without marks, Mavic should have 2 of each fitted on the matching motors. Sorry again if this is a bit obvious.

Props.jpg

Reactions: Jcwww and JDawg
The props dont actually fit on the wrong motors. You cant lock them without breaking something on the bird or on the prop. Take a really close look at the mounting locks on both the new wrong prop you tried, and the motor this happened on!

Well they did - though not as easy as advertised ;) should have been a warning.

Haven't had the opportunity for a test flight yet, way too windy (on holiday atCosta de la Luz, Spain)

Well they did - though not as easy as advertised ;) should have been a warning.

Haven't had the opportunity for a test flight yet, way too windy (on holiday atCosta de la Luz, Spain)
If you got the wrong prop on, it had to have broke something. Either the prop, or the mount on the motor, or both.

If you got the wrong prop on, it had to have broke something. Either the prop, or the mount on the motor, or both.

Well the correct props were mounted pretty quickly. I'll test fly asap and let you guys know.

Thanks for bearing with me :)

Last edited:
Well the correct props were mounted pretty quickly.
I would still very well inspect both the props and the mounts, maybe even replace them preventively. Given how you have to force to fit the wrong props on it's very likely there is some damage that could cause something to break after a while.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech