DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Air yawing to right on its own.

Juno

Reactions
My Mavic Air developed a tendency to yaw to the right on its own without any stick input this summer. Visual observation of the drone confirms that it is the drone itself that is rotating and not the gimbal. Calibrating the compass does nothing. I tried recalibrating the IMU and remote controller and it seemed to fix it for one flight, but after changing the battery the issue was back. Issue is most present during forward flight and hover. The drone still seems to fly straight when going backwards or sideways. The drone has never even had so much as a hard landing and the issue just started on its own with no obvious explanation. Using the sticks to compensate for the yaw while in hover can sometimes cause the drone to stop spinning until I start forward flight again, but not always.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? If yes were you able to find a solution? Thanks!

My Mavic Air developed a tendency to yaw to the right on its own without any stick input this summer. Visual observation of the drone confirms that it is the drone itself that is rotating and not the gimbal. Calibrating the compass does nothing. I tried recalibrating the IMU and remote controller and it seemed to fix it for one flight, but after changing the battery the issue was back. Issue is most present during forward flight and hover. The drone still seems to fly straight when going backwards or sideways. The drone has never even had so much as a hard landing and the issue just started on its own with no obvious explanation. Using the sticks to compensate for the yaw while in hover can sometimes cause the drone to stop spinning until I start forward flight again, but not always.

Wondering if anyone else has experienced this? If yes were you able to find a solution? Thanks!
Have you tried recalibrating joysticks?

He said he had and have seen several threads on this if I can find them I will pot em back here.

Heres one but if you will do a search you will find more.

Yeah ... a pretty well known phenomenon for the Mavic Air ... what failing isn't anything on the craft itself, instead the problem is in the remote.

It's easily fixed by yourself with some time consuming nervous disassembling of the RC ... it's highly doable but caution needs to be taken so no plastic tabs gets broken.

Had a similar behavior with mine but it only yawed when I applied descend ...

Followed this & have never seen the same behavior since I cleaned the stick modules.

Like Slup says...
Took mine apart and cleaned it, no more problems

My MA did that. I recalibrated everything multiple times. Still did it. I sent the remote to DJI to be checked and they replaced it. Fixed the problem.

Reactions: CareyL
I used to think I was the only one with this minor problem but then it got worse. I sent the drone and controller to DJI and after paying a nominal charge was sent a new drone and controller. The new combo does the same yaw thing. I sent it back and received it back again this time no charge.. It still does the same thing. It starts a slow yaw to the right.
I read on the forum from some kindly soul to rapidly move the sticks and gimbal wheel before firing up the controller. That solves the problem of constantly asking for calibration but I still get the yaw in flight however, although not too often....rapidly moving the left stick from side to side will stop the yawing. I don't know how the contacts get dirty but that seems to be the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+