DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic and Map Pilot

kyoung

Reactions
I experimenting with Map Pilot from Drones Made Easy/Maps Made Easy and have some questions.

1. Are there special Mavic setup instructions I should follow to get the Mavic ready before using Map Pilot. I found some issued by the Maps Made Easy for a Phantom, but not for the Mavic.

2. How do you regain manual control of the Mavic after a Map Pilot Mission has been initiated? I fly in farm land and always have to be on the lookout for crop dusters popping up. I want to be able to take control to avoid a problem with a full size plane.

3. Do I need to run the DJI Go App at the same time as Map Pilot or can I just use map pilot. If both need to be running is there a potential for a problem if two apps are controlling the same drone?

Here is the response I got from the folks at Maps Made Easy.

1. There are not special setup steps for the Mavic like there were with the Phantom 3 series. It is pretty much ready to go.

2. You can switch into and then back out of Sport mode to take over manually.

3. We always recommend using DJI Go to do an aircraft checkout any time you are about to use Map Pilot. DJI Go can report hardware issues and other things that Map Pilot does not have access to through the DJI SDK. ALWAYS CLOSE ALL OTHER DRONE RELATED APPS WHEN USING MAP PILOT!!!! Both do not need to be running.

does it work?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661