DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery covers - a different approach.

Ummm, I think it helped but not sure my wife would agree! I just ordered the R2 from their website. I don't know much about 3D Printing but I have been interested for years and it looks like it's come a long way! For the price, this will be incredible for both me and the kids! This makes my weekend so thank you!!!!

I have 4 C2's (absolutely love them!) and just got the first of 2 R2's I ordered yesterday. Hmmm.... I hope your R2 comes to you better than mine did. The R2 has a plastic front door, that was snapped off during shipping, and the Z-Axis rod was bent. I'm sure mine was dropped by the UPS guys.

Here is a short video of the 3D printer making 9 battery covers (no, I don't have 9 batteries....this is the maximum I can get on this bed). The process is expected to take 20 hours.....

HiVac...I just wanted to tell you a big MAHALO!! for sharing these battery covers. The design is spot on, the fit is perfect.
Fantastic!! I printed two, just to test and will print more tomorrow. You know someone will steal the design and sell them....just you wait and see. (not me)

Thank you!!

HiVac...I just wanted to tell you a big MAHALO!! for sharing these battery covers. The design is spot on, the fit is perfect.
Fantastic!! I printed two, just to test and will print more tomorrow. You know someone will steal the design and sell them....just you wait and see. (not me)

Thank you!!

Thank you.
As far as use of the design, I don't care if someone wants to use the design. I had a need for myself, and thought it might help others. If someone takes these and has the wherewithal to make a few bucks, then more power to them. I have my hands full with current projects.....

Just wanted to give you an update. They fit too well!! Unless there is some "trick" to getting them off...I cracked one trying to take it off. (where the indents are on the side so it clips) Any suggestions for easy on and off??

Just wanted to give you an update. They fit too well!! Unless there is some "trick" to getting them off...I cracked one trying to take it off. (where the indents are on the side so it clips) Any suggestions for easy on and off??

Hmmm.....

Mine come right off. I just press the buttons in on the battery and they fall to the ground.

Have you ever tried to calibrate your printer? Does it print a 1" square accurately? The reason I ask I I had a printer once that was "skewed" and printer everything shifted (on the x/y plane). A round circle was oval, a square the sides were not perpendicular to one another....

Hmmm.....

Mine come right off. I just press the buttons in on the battery and they fall to the ground.

Have you ever tried to calibrate your printer? Does it print a 1" square accurately? The reason I ask I I had a printer once that was "skewed" and printer everything shifted (on the x/y plane). A round circle was oval, a square the sides were not perpendicular to one another....
OMG I am an idiot. I never thought of pressing in the buttons. DOH!! Nevermind...sheesh...o_OThumbswayup
*now they are just perfection. No adjustments needed at all.*

OMG I am an idiot. I never thought of pressing in the buttons. DOH!! Nevermind...sheesh...o_OThumbswayup
*now they are just perfection. No adjustments needed at all.*

I guess that proves they won't "accidentally" fall off! [emoji12]

Glad they worked good for you!

I printed some and they fit perfectly. The best I have is tried. Thanks for the file.

So, first I would like to mention that I believe that because the battery "terminals" are recessed into the black plastic protector of our batteries, the contacts should be considered "covered". However, I can also see how a person could decide that a knife blade (something you should not have on your person while flying...) could wedge between the protectors. I have also downloaded and printed a few of the available protectors that just snap over this black plastic portion of our battery, and they can be easily knocked off....

So, I decided to see if I could design one that attached to the battery using the same clip that holds the battery to the body. The final design is no larger than the square footprint of the battery itself (exact for the bottom, by 2mm) so it still fits in my case no different than without the cover.

Let me know your thoughts.

7f9b8c8e3f808f814d9a6ba12959c9fb.jpg
b93a43919a22cab7ef40e4d9787bb427.jpg
1c11fc990a5b02e2384a2442bcc0bcb9.jpg
2dbc294ffd7c26dc6f4d9665edf7d938.jpg
1c1cb0dbcc1301969357bb7ce59a0333.jpg
4075291f169e0d787eb8cb3a0ec083a6.jpg

For anyone who would like the file to print them yourself....I am happy to provide this. If you don't have a printer, and would like to have them printed, you can sent it to Shapeways, or you can contact a good friend of mine who said he would print them for 5.00 each, and ship them in a flat rate box in the USA at cost (you can get several in one box). His contact info is:

[email protected]

He did say I would be happy to investigate shipping to other countries.
Why would these even be necessary? Why not have a knife on your person when flying a Macic?

My buddy wants to sell them:

Here's all the links he has setup for eBay sales:

2 Battery Covers:
Mavic DJI Pro Battery Cover Set of 2 | eBay

4 Battery Covers:
Mavic DJI Pro Battery Covers Set of 4 | eBay

6 Battery Covers:
Mavic DJI Pro Battery Covers Set of 6 | eBay

10 Battery Covers:
Mavic DJI Pro Battery Covers Set of 10 | eBay

Thanks for sharing..I just gave your friend a little more business...quite reasonably priced too..very kind of you to share this info with the group here..

I might get some of these after all the horror stories I have heard of from the smaller ones that just cover the terminals. Don't give a rats what colour they are, so long as they don't match the battery! (aka "Remove before flight") :)

Why would these even be necessary? Why not have a knife on your person when flying a Macic?
I think covering the terminals are necessary to keep dirt, lint,and other debris out of the terminals. I'm not worried about shorting them out as much as getting crud in them.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13