DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic battery covers - a different approach.

HiVac

Reactions
So, first I would like to mention that I believe that because the battery "terminals" are recessed into the black plastic protector of our batteries, the contacts should be considered "covered". However, I can also see how a person could decide that a knife blade (something you should not have on your person while flying...) could wedge between the protectors. I have also downloaded and printed a few of the available protectors that just snap over this black plastic portion of our battery, and they can be easily knocked off....

So, I decided to see if I could design one that attached to the battery using the same clip that holds the battery to the body. The final design is no larger than the square footprint of the battery itself (exact for the bottom, by 2mm) so it still fits in my case no different than without the cover.

Let me know your thoughts.

7f9b8c8e3f808f814d9a6ba12959c9fb.jpg
b93a43919a22cab7ef40e4d9787bb427.jpg
1c11fc990a5b02e2384a2442bcc0bcb9.jpg
2dbc294ffd7c26dc6f4d9665edf7d938.jpg
1c1cb0dbcc1301969357bb7ce59a0333.jpg
4075291f169e0d787eb8cb3a0ec083a6.jpg

For anyone who would like the file to print them yourself....I am happy to provide this. If you don't have a printer, and would like to have them printed, you can sent it to Shapeways, or you can contact a good friend of mine who said he would print them for 5.00 each, and ship them in a flat rate box in the USA at cost (you can get several in one box). His contact info is:

[email protected]

He did say I would be happy to investigate shipping to other countries.

Last edited:
Looks good and I would imagine it's very secure in mounting.

Nice Job.

Nice design, I like it! I have seen the small ones, but not for me. Can you send me the file?
Thanks

Looks like a nice design. Would love to try and print this. Is it available on a website somewhere? Otherwise would it be possible to sent me a copy of the STL file?

Reactions: TCatlson
Thank you my friend! Any recommendations on a printer. :)

If you are interested in 3 D printing, I would at least look at the new ROBO3D printer called the C2. I have several of them and they work flawless....and for 799.00 list (on sale on Amazon for 725) it's a good deal for what you get. It's PLA only.....but you'll have a good time learning how to print. (PLA is easy to print).

Robo 3D C2 Compact Smart 3D Printer with Wi-Fi — 5 x 5 x 6" Robo 3D C2 Compact Smart 3D Printer with Wi-Fi - 5 x 5 x 6": Amazon.com: Amazon Launchpad

I hope this helps...

Reactions: hookalakupua
If you are interested in 3 D printing, I would at least look at the new ROBO3D printer called the C2. I have several of them and they work flawless....and for 799.00 list (on sale on Amazon for 725) it's a good deal for what you get. It's PLA only.....but you'll have a good time learning how to print. (PLA is easy to print).

Robo 3D C2 Compact Smart 3D Printer with Wi-Fi — 5 x 5 x 6" Robo 3D C2 Compact Smart 3D Printer with Wi-Fi - 5 x 5 x 6": Amazon.com: Amazon Launchpad

I hope this helps...
Ummm, I think it helped but not sure my wife would agree! I just ordered the R2 from their website. I don't know much about 3D Printing but I have been interested for years and it looks like it's come a long way! For the price, this will be incredible for both me and the kids! This makes my weekend so thank you!!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98