DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic - Battery life improvement & Internal Electronics

I assembled these 6s 18650 packs for my large hex, run 6s4p and get 30 mins flight although it pushes the draw of the pack. Been considering exactly what you have said for the mavic, any idea or max amp draw on the mavic as these cells are rated for 2c although less is always better
I know I'm joining this thread late, but please concider getting an electric spot welder or among one using a triac that you can program and time with a Arduino for the milliseconds needed to weld nickel strip, or nickel plated steal strips for building packs.
Soldering damages and weakens the chemistry of the chemicals in the cells, and even worse weakens the vent seal on the positive side and can cause the lacks to catastrophically fail a a higher chance of happening.
Soldering any li-ion or any batteries is never recommended.
Be safe,
Scott

I don't dis you for innovating but these batteries are very technical. The charger is actually part of the battery. The power pack is not the charger.

I noticed the Inspire has two batteries and still about the same flight time.
Yes, the battery IS the charger from what I e seen.
And the discharged
And the balancer
And the current sensor
And the protection circuit
And the cutoff circuit
And the arm processor that does monitoring, logging and reports and comunicates back to the mavic all the accumulated data.
Is one of the most advanced hobby Li-Po packs I've seen, and it why they call it a smart battery, because it is.
It has a lot going on.

@Crypto, since we are able to make adjustments in the low-voltage settings on the Mavic now has anyone done any additional testing Lithium ion batteries?

I found this video of a hover test fly the Mavic to below 3volts.

thanks for bringing this thread to the top i cant believe i haven't seen this. Ive been testing something similar and my biggest issue is auto land and it goes into some kind of reduced power mode at 3.5V. At the end of the video it says "low battery landing and critical voltage landing was turned off" yet it still comes up with the error at 3.3V and he probably doesn't even notice the power thing because of the light battery. mine starts the low voltage chit at around 3,5V and its making me think because my battery is heavier (3s3p compared to his 3s1p) that my auto land starts sooner because of a higher current draw tryin to hold it up...I can hold it in the air for over 40 min in this reduced power hover to 3V but it sucks...

Unless he found a setting that i didn't but would love to know. I changed every voltage setting i can find with no luck but I still haven't adjusted any power settings yet...

thanks for bringing this thread to the top i cant believe i haven't seen this. Ive been testing something similar and my biggest issue is auto land and it goes into some kind of reduced power mode at 3.5V. At the end of the video it says "low battery landing and critical voltage landing was turned off" yet it still comes up with the error at 3.3V and he probably doesn't even notice the power thing because of the light battery. mine starts the low voltage chit at around 3,5V and its making me think because my battery is heavier (3s3p compared to his 3s1p) that my auto land starts sooner because of a higher current draw tryin to hold it up...I can hold it in the air for over 40 min in this reduced power hover to 3V but it sucks...

Unless he found a setting that i didn't but would love to know. I changed every voltage setting i can find with no luck but I still haven't adjusted any power settings yet...

Are you saying you have to hold the stick up to prevent it from auto landing? I change my auto land parameters in L1 and L2 to 0 to prevent the Mavic from auto landing. But I have not figured out how to change the critical low voltage to lower than 3.5v. Maybe Steve @digdat0 can tell use how it is done.

Are you saying you have to hold the stick up to prevent it from auto landing? I change my auto land parameters in L1 and L2 to 0 to prevent the Mavic from auto landing. But I have not figured out how to change the critical low voltage to lower than 3.5v. Maybe Steve @digdat0 can tell use how it is done.

we discussed it here Mavic Pro Battery Mod
I tried the setting he suggested but it didn't work for me.

Reactions: digdat0

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078