DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Combo stolen in Michigan

If the finder was a non drone person when they found it - they just became a drone person by keeping it. Any person stupid enough to keep ill-gotten gains just might be stupid enough to try & make it legal. Anything is possible.
True, but we live in sad times. On the other hand it could be laying in a muddy ditch right now, I had a pair of sunglasses stay on my car roof for several blocks before I remembered then and stopped.

True, but we live in sad times. On the other hand it could be laying in a muddy ditch right now, I had a pair of sunglasses stay on my car roof for several blocks before I remembered then and stopped.
My hubby left the gimbal covers & gimbal lock on the trunk of our roommate's car today while I was busy flying. He watched her drive off. Sometime later he asked me if I picked them up before she left - I didn't even realize she had left! He had to walk to the end of the street and around the corner (2 corners actually) to find all three pieces. =) New rule - no putting parts on other people's cars. LOL

At least you have owned up to the mistake and taken responsibility. Thats a hard thing to swallow. Thats why I immediately insure my drones with StateFarm. 60 a month and covers anything and everything. Theft, Fire, Water, Fly Away, Vandalism, you name it and its covered.

One does not have to have existing coverage with them either to take out a personal articles policy.

Not trying to rub salt in the wound.

One thing you might do is contact DJI with your serial number so that if the Mavic Pro is flown then it will be noted by DJI and perhaps they can contact you. You had to register the drone with DJI before being allowed to fly so that part is done.

It was actually stolen. By the wind!

I like to pop the lid of my coffee and put it on my tailgate. Then see how long I can balance it there while driving down the street. :)

$60 a month? I paid $60 for a year with that same Personal Articles Policy full coverage with State Farm!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It seems there maybe hope for you if someone finds, and tries to sell your' drone - from a thread in PhantomPilots, a member found what he thinks may be a stolen drone advertised, another member has contacted DJI, who it seems can contact the owner...

Anyone lost a P4 near Dural NSW Australia

Haha. No but if I did, I could fly over and check it out. I'm in Annangrove. Too close for a world wide forum lol

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

PUT A TRACKER ON YOUR DRONE! Whether you have Care Refresh or not, you can't trust anybody.

I diden't read yet any answer, just your post. I have a question : Do you think a tracker would help ? Because if someone steal your drone, he can easily remove it
So the only thing you get is your nude tracker ...

PS : i got stolen mine too, in my 3rd fly ... I'm upset with DJI because they can't do **** ! (i was thinking at least to ban the drone and make it useless)

Reactions: Rnl
I diden't read yet any answer, just your post. I have a question : Do you think a tracker would help ? Because if someone steal your drone, he can easily remove it
So the only thing you get is your nude tracker ...

PS : i got stolen mine too, in my 3rd fly ... I'm upset with DJI because they can't do **** ! (i was thinking at least to ban the drone and make it useless)
I can see how it would probably be a royal pain in the rear for DJI to handle requests to ban or lock a device as the management of who the legit owner is and whether they should lock and whether they should unlock when you claim to have recovered it.

However....
I cannot see how that if you have both the transmitter and the bird that you could not set a 'pairing lock' maybe with a code, whereby as long as you have both the transmitter and the receiver it can be cancelled/changed. The code could be your' own code, or an autonomously generated code, that way, you could chose to 'pair lock' your' bird to your' controller with a feature select in the GO app, and un-pair it if you sell, be able to 'un pair-lock' your' controller if that is all you have left and want to sell, or mate it with another bird, but *not* be able to un-pair the bird if you don't have the controller.

The only catch is if they steal both the bird and controller from your' car or wherever - then pair-lock is of little value, but birds stolen in the wild (or even lost and then found by others) would be useless to the perp/finder and more likely be advertised as found in the local social-media/posters so they can be repatriated (maybe with a reward incentive).

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike