DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crash into trees

I have a question, though. How do you get sound on your video? I assume the mic must not be on the drone, or there would have been prop noise.
Several ways of doing this.

One, make up a sound track and add it.
Two, set your App to record sound along with the low res video it records and use that video. I think this is what the OP did as the video is 720p
Three, same as 2, except use the high res from the SD card and sync the sound track from the App recording to it.

Reactions: JohnnyD913
I really enjoyed your video and was glad your drone came out of this with minimal damage. While playing your video, my golden retriever was right next to me and perked up when he heard the dog barking. So where’s the dog in your video?

I really enjoyed your video and was glad your drone came out of this with minimal damage. While playing your video, my golden retriever was right next to me and perked up when he heard the dog barking. So where’s the dog in your video?
Joe4flight,
At the beginning u notice the house,
Well behind that are dog pens..
My friend raises pits..
Personally I’m a Golden guy myself..
Lol..

Reactions: Joe4flight
Watching the drone is a good idea, but kind of a problem when you're trying to frame a video, particularly on a moving subject. Can't do both. (At least I can't)

A spotter would be good, but in this instance , it all went down so fast, I doubt it would have saved the day. Also, the OP believed they were inputting an "UP" stick, when they were in fact doing the opposite. Only cure to that is practice, practice, practice, till you get the muscle memory correct. This is an issue I sometimes have as a long time gamer used to the standard joystick configuration most games use.
Of course a spotter would have made a difference......"HEY BUB YOUR GETTING CLOSE TO TREES"

• Haha
Barbara,
Your absolutely right about doing opposite with sticks..
My brain was telling me to climb and in fact i
Actually was doing opposite..
Practice, practice, practice is so important.
I’ve spent a great deal of time practicing controls when drone is facing me..
That makes things tricky...
I guess I was turning to try and focus on subject then outta the blue....WHAM...
Climbing is the same no matter which way your facing

Wow! A feature I didn’t know I had. I’ll check on that. I’m really surprised it doesn’t pick up the sound of the props. Which Mavic do you have?

Your right..
I mean I knew the trees were there..
They were only a few hundred or so feet
From me..
Idk why o decrease altitude instead of ascend..
In the heat if the moment I goofed...
It is what it is the best thing you can do is learn from it.

Thank you for sharing your video bro.

Wow! A feature I didn’t know I had. I’ll check on that. I’m really surprised it doesn’t pick up the sound of the props. Which Mavic do you have?
Kayo43,
I have a Mavic pro..
Great bird too I tell you..
It’s been thru trauma for sure
But always comes back..
Lol..
It will pick up the prop sounds when
It’s closer to me.
With the mic being in the remote I can
Go live on you-tube or Facebook and
Narrate the flight.
It’s pretty cool and my friends enjoy