DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC CRASHED IN TO SEA IN IT'S FIRST FLIGHT

I think proper battery placement is a huge possibility as I had this problem once....I noticed battery placement after a flew around in Sport mode for good 15 mins and when I landed I noticed the battery was not clicked all the way...could it have been because of sport mode or maybe battery placement at the beginning.??

That's harsh... on berk... rather loose it to the sea or lake.. then plummet into a crowded place with people
I maidened my Mavic over the sea.. but as I live on the coast and have flown nearly all my quads out to sea, It just seems natural to me...
How many people have crashed into trees or buildings.. loads... crashing into the sea or water.. a lot less.. 3 months on and still flying out to sea.. no problem

incredible!

Maybe getting a little off topic but shouldn't it RTH when disconnected from the RC?

Hi,

My drone has dived into water in its first flight. It suddenly got disconnected from the remote and made a free fall to the sea. There is no way to retrieve it.

Please find below all my flight records:

Drone Log - Google Drive

I bought the drone from Amazon USA and now located in Istanbul.

Anybody knows what to do?

thanks
berk

Is your drone second hand got from Amazon USA? If not you can file DJI for a claim and see how that goes.

I strongly suggest that we somehow convey that first time Mavic fliers watch totorials and/or read some of the posts we've created for first time Mavic fliers. .
The honest truth is new fliers do not usually take unnecessary risks. This particular incident was shared from an "experienced flier."

When people register their drone, these first time flier hints should be the first thing that they see.

Again, new fliers don't usually take these kind of risks on initial flights. They actually are overly cautious. These types of flights come from fliers who have experience. My feeling is they become complacent.

So you consider yourself "experienced" yet took first flight over the sea knowing theres a chance the drone could be defective like many other electronics in the world............K
be careful you will hurt someones feelings.

Jeez! Losing a bird was bad enough — but a snarky public humiliation as well? Not exactly community spirit.

Totally agree bro, what a community spirit we face here.

I'm really sorry... Really sorry that people on here get their feelings hurt so easily. Really sorry that you would rather I said something nice instead of pointing out the decisions that may have lead to the loss of the Mavic.

Reactions: AyeYo
Nevertheless, DJI sent an e-mail accepting that this a under warranty issue. They issued a coupon for a new drone. I have to admit that they were very professional in terms of service.

Reactions: rizakayan
Is good to hear! Did they elaborate what the issue mightve been?

Hopefully you dont start another thread titled "Mavic crashed into sea in its first flight AGAIN" lol

Nevertheless, DJI sent an e-mail accepting that this a under warranty issue. They issued a coupon for a new drone. I have to admit that they were very professional in terms of service.
boom... congrats

That is a happy ending to a tragic tale and I'm so happy for you.
I too had a Mavic disappear over the ocean as well but since the app crashed I didn't have logs to prove anything and had to take it on the chin. Strange inexplicable stuff does happen.

I'm also very dismayed about the negativity thrust upon you for your post. I'm only a newbie member but have been lurking for a long time and often see bad attitudes being expressed on these forums. Shame on those members!

Hope you get many hours of safe flying with the new Mavic Thumbswayup

Reactions: erkme73
I'm also very dismayed about the negativity thrust upon you for your post. I'm only a newbie member but have been lurking for a long time and often see bad attitudes being expressed on these forums. Shame on those members!

@reckless - thank you for posting this. It is my contention that all the chest-thumping, ****-waving, 'you should have known better' belittling does way more harm to the forum community than these guys realize. Not only does in berate a fellow operator, but it has a tremendous chilling effect on others who recoil, and choose not to share their experiences. And that's a detriment to all of us.

Reactions: reckless
@reckless - thank you for posting this. It is my contention that all the chest-thumping, ****-waving, 'you should have known better' belittling does way more harm to the forum community than these guys realize. Not only does in berate a fellow operator, but it has a tremendous chilling effect on others who recoil, and choose not to share their experiences. And that's a detriment to all of us.

Agreed, I'm here to learn and share, not to duck for cover.
Let us all be happy we can fly, soar into the skies with our cameras like never before.
Happy safe flying to all.

Last edited:
Reactions: erkme73
That's harsh... on berk... rather loose it to the sea or lake.. then plummet into a crowded place with people
I maidened my Mavic over the sea.. but as I live on the coast and have flown nearly all my quads out to sea, It just seems natural to me...
How many people have crashed into trees or buildings.. loads... crashing into the sea or water.. a lot less.. 3 months on and still flying out to sea.. no problem

A beautifully cinematic vid pgtug. Stunning!

- hutch

You are very lucky to have gotten a positive response from DJI. When my drone unexpectedly stopped communicating with my controller after only 1 1/2 min in the air and flew out to the ocean until the battery died and it crashed, DJI said they had no idea why my fly away occurred but according to them, it wasn't a mechanical issue so I was **** out of luck. Then when I contested it, they said...oh, it was due to wind. However, at one point during the fly away, the Mavic inexplicably flew towards land (against the wind) and when I tried to land it (only the gimbal and up/down controls worked) it flew away again into the ocean. It was the most erratic behavior I have ever seen and i've owned 5 different drones before the Mavic. I even had the Refresh Care coverage and still they offered me nothing. DJI has got to have the worst customer service that I have EVER encountered.

The moral of the story remains the same. Before you put your 1K UAS in a situation where there could be a failure resulting in the complete loss of your aircraft.... test it. test it test it test it.

While I agree, this is a place people should come to learn and get information. I don't agree that all of the feedback should be positive. This isn't youth soccer!! Where everyone plays and gets a ribbon. Sometimes the cold-hard-facts are the truth. There are lessons that new fliers can get from this and that benefits everyone.

Reactions: newnan3

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks