DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC CRASHED IN TO SEA IN IT'S FIRST FLIGHT

sounds like you pulled both control levers down that caused an emergency **** off and into the sea.

My drone has dived into water in its first flight. It suddenly got disconnected from the remote and made a free fall to the sea. There is no way to retrieve it.

Please find below all my flight records:

Drone Log - Google Drive

I bought the drone from Amazon USA and now located in Istanbul.

Anybody knows what to do?

thanks
berk[/QUOTE]

I am just wondering why on the first flight you would fly over the sea? No offense but I think that was very stupid on your part. I am a pilot with over 3000 hours and I took my time in beginner mode. Fly safe is my moto. Good luck. Stay away from drones.

^^^^THIS^^^^ this is exactly what I'm talking about in my previous post. WTF does this do to help the situation? Do you feel better? Do you beat the tar out of your puppy after he pisses on the floor too? Seriously - these kinds of post RUIN this website.

I've never experienced a "flyaway" with my MP but I have with a lesser drone and lost it. A bad experience for sure and I can empathize with anyone who loses a MP!

Two days ago, while flying a 30 minute route in two 15 minute segments, I had an Autopilot app crash leaving my MP hovering at 160 feet in LOS. A bad feeling arises to say the least! This was 5 minutes into segment 2 with 19 minutes of battery showing on the RC. No response from the joysticks. Loaded the "dji go 4" app in hopes of regaining control -- no go.

Minutes pass, the MP continues its steadfast hover. I had time on my side but the feeling of possibly losing it was real. Flying is so much fun but in those moments we all feel joyless.

Here is what saved my Mavic.

SPORT MODE

Slide that beautiful switch forward and fly back to your position like a boss! The sense of relief mixed with excitement and happiness when I yawed the Mavic to face me was immense!

Fly on brothers and good luck!

That's the stuff I'm talking about! Thanks I will remember that tip...

This is my third drone so I considered my self as an experienced pilot. However, it was a sudden disconnection and mavic dissappeared

Berk,

It might be your third drone, but it's the Mavic's first flight. So besides that it's about the pilot, it's certainly also about the machine - is it properly designed? No production errors? Is the battery able to go from 100% to 30% properly, without issues? Is your phone or remote 100% allright and compatible etc. etc.

Always fly any new machine (your first, second or 1001th) with extreme caution. Expect it to fail. Fly at 1 meter, fly at 5 meter. Fly at 10 meter. Fly a bit more distance, then a bit more. Use up the first battery with low altitude flying and testing the device before you set out on longer trips. That's exactly what I did, and I found some issues (with my phone and my knowledge of the software, in this case, not the device) that could have made me lose the device if I would have flown it out over the sea. Instead I learned and adapted, and all was fine.

Reactions: rizakayan
So let me get this straight. You purposely flew your Mavic on it's maiden voyage over the water? Interesting, this should probably go on the "what not to do on your first Mavic flight" list.

Jeez! Losing a bird was bad enough — but a snarky public humiliation as well? Not exactly community spirit.

Just cant understand all this people wasting time here just to say: Oh boy! you done some seriously s**** with your Mavic, how stupid was that, why you did that...

Seriously, this kind of comment is completely unnecessary.

Comment police, how ironic wasting time commenting about folk wasting time commenting.

Wait a minute, I've hit peak paradox by wasting time commenting, about wasting time commenting, on wasting time commenting.

...and to top it all, it's none of my business.

Best advice has already been passed on, and that is - in challenging conditions when in danger of losing your MP, Sport Mode is your friend. But don't leave it too long before you flick the Switch of Redemption (tm).

I agree with the concrete and metal causing compass problems. A few weeks ago I launched off the leather tonneau cover over the bed of my pickup truck. Mavic took off and went crazy in the wrong direction until it met with an immovable object. Moral of the story is stay away from anything that may have metal in it. I was lucky all I lost was a couple of props
Was your obstacle avoidance on? I expect that compass problems would still work.

Reactions: Brie
Comment police, how ironic wasting time commenting about folk wasting time commenting.

Wait a minute, I've hit peak paradox by wasting time commenting, about wasting time commenting, on wasting time commenting.

...and to top it all, it's none of my business.

Best advice has already been passed on, and that is - in challenging conditions when in danger of losing your MP, Sport Mode is your friend. But don't leave it too long before you flick the Switch of Redemption (tm).

deeper.jpg

Reactions: HeavensAbove
^^^^THIS^^^^ this is exactly what I'm talking about in my previous post. WTF does this do to help the situation? Do you feel better? Do you beat the tar out of your puppy after he pisses on the floor too? Seriously - these kinds of post RUIN this website.
OK sorry group. I should have worded my post better. I should have said that until you are very familiar with your new Mavic drone you should fly very conservatively whether or not you have experience with other drones. I should not have said the word "stupid" a lesser word like "shouldn't be a risk taker until you are feeling confident in your new drone". But the bottom line it was not very intelligent to fly your first time (your own words) over the sea that is completely unforgiving if something goes wrong. I have done some very stupid things and have called myself stupid as a result. So I apologize and I am sorry you lost your drone. Be more careful please.

I feel in 90% of Mavic crashes it is pilot error and misjudgement. Been there done that with a real airplane. Everyone makes mistakes. I think DJI has done a terrific job in designing our Mavic Pro. As I learn to fly drones I am very conservative because I as others value my investment in the Mavic.

OK sorry group. I should have worded my post better. I should have said that until you are very familiar with your new Mavic drone you should fly very conservatively whether or not you have experience with other drones. I should not have said the word "stupid" a lesser word like "shouldn't be a risk taker until you are feeling confident in your new drone". But the bottom line it was not very intelligent to fly your first time (your own words) over the sea that is completely unforgiving if something goes wrong. I have done some very stupid things and have called myself stupid as a result. So I apologize and I am sorry you lost your drone. Be more careful please.

Much better now bro

Hi,

My drone has dived into water in its first flight. It suddenly got disconnected from the remote and made a free fall to the sea. There is no way to retrieve it.

Please find below all my flight records:

Drone Log - Google Drive

I bought the drone from Amazon USA and now located in Istanbul.

Anybody knows what to do?

thanks
berk
Berk, my Mavic had the same problem last month, after deploy , 3 min flight, went black, after 3 hours looking for it , i found on the grass, without battery, assume the battery went off, and lost power!
I wrote DJi and never got a answer back, i wonder if many people had this problem???

Berk, my Mavic had the same problem last month, after deploy , 3 min flight, went black, after 3 hours looking for it , i found on the grass, without battery, assume the battery went off, and lost power!
I wrote DJi and never got a answer back, i wonder if many people had this problem???

Today i flew for almost 1hr, and when i changed the first battery i reminded about this topic, and checked the connection with the Mavic, i always attach the battery without pressing the side buttons used to remove it, and i make sure to hear the *click* of it locking in position. Today i realized that if you use the side buttons to attach, it may get unconnected. I also set my personal protocol of checking the battery connection before take off.

thats smth i think may lead to the battery disengaging, just a guess...

it took me 3 days to let my Mavic fly 5 meters from me.. In a park without trees... sorry my friend but you had to take it slow..

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13