DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic crashed, need help finding out why

unexpanded

Reactions
Today I was flying with -26°C, had my motors warmed up approx 30 seconds and took off to an altitude of 120m. Took some photos and then the screen went black and drone was nowhere to be seen/heard. Using Find My Drone I was finally able to locate it and saw the red tail light glowing in the deep snow ( which means battery was properly inserted). Drone was taken from warm car before the flight and everything looked kinda okayish. I've uploaded flight log from the phone, couldn't find how to extract drones own log. Only damage to the drone were two chipped props, after a drying/warming its working again. Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones . Any ideas beside the extreme cold?

I don't see anything negative in the log data, it's kinda strange you got a week signal error when you were that close, 119m up and 93m away. Maybe @msinger can help you out here, he's a genius when it comes to log deciphering. Did you find it near the last point of your log?

It was exactly where"Find my drone" said it'll be. I'll get the original file uploaded later today. Also, I have the Facebook live video but in there the footage goes to choppy for a second and then goes black. Thank you guys so far, hopefully we're able to figure it out.

I'm fairly sure dji state 0°C is the mavics lower limit. I av flown slightly lower than that, I'm guessing it was just too cold bearing mind a couple of hundred feet up it could easily be a lot colder due to wind chill. We sometimes go beyond either legal limits or machine limits, these are chances we take and will continue to do.

Batteries HATE being/getting cold.
At that temp, would not take long for the battery to say "screw it, i'm done."

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent