DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Did the job for Very though.

Got loads of people to sign up in the hope that you would then buy other stuff from them in the run up to Christmas.

It is not in their interests to let you know any sooner.

I placed my order from Heliguy on the 29th September and have heard nothing.

I received an email from then yesterday regarding the P4 Pro and Inspire 2. How would other people feel about ordering from Heliguy for one of these. My feeling is that it is best to go to DJI directly since the likes of Heliguy do not know when they will get them in or how many they will get in. The only thing for certain is that it is likely to be 4-6 weeks after ordering directly from DJI.

I cancelled all orders and only kept the amazon one. It'll come when it comes, but at least payment is on dispatch

I placed my order from Heliguy on the 29th September and have heard nothing.

I received an email from then yesterday regarding the P4 Pro and Inspire 2. How would other people feel about ordering from Heliguy for one of these. My feeling is that it is best to go to DJI directly since the likes of Heliguy do not know when they will get them in or how many they will get in. The only thing for certain is that it is likely to be 4-6 weeks after ordering directly from DJI.

I'm in a similar position to you, I placed my first order with a UK supplier on 27.9 and I know that I'm 2nd on their list so as soon as they get a shipment I'll be getting mine. What I think suppliers could do is send out regular updates even if the updates say they don't know anything.

I find myself wondering if they've heard anything (when I know they probably haven't or else they would have emailed) but what if they forgot, or it went to my junk folder or into a black holes somewhere or somebody hacked my email and I didn't get it... :confused: So I resist and resist and then just have to email them only to be told they haven't heard anything.

It's so ***king frustrating, it's distracting and I feel like a friggin child for feeling like this. :eek::oops::mad::D

I'm in a similar position to you, I placed my first order with a UK supplier on 27.9 and I know that I'm 2nd on their list so as soon as they get a shipment I'll be getting mine. What I think suppliers could do is send out regular updates even if the updates say they don't know anything.

I find myself wondering if they've heard anything (when I know they probably haven't or else they would have emailed) but what if they forgot, or it went to my junk folder or into a black holes somewhere or somebody hacked my email and I didn't get it... :confused: So I resist and resist and then just have to email them only to be told they haven't heard anything.

It's so ***king frustrating, it's distracting and I feel like a friggin child for feeling like this. :eek::oops::mad::D

I pre-ordered mine from HeliGuy on the 7th Oct. Somewhere around 500 in the list I'm told! So my hope of getting one from Heliguy is zero for 2016 and pretty low until early to mid 2017.

I emailed HeliGuy yesterday and asked if they had received any Mavics and if they were aware they were going to get any.

They replied:

"If we are lucky we will get a shipping notification with a itemised packing list when it ships from the factory.

However sometimes that doesn't arrive until after the boxes arrive in our warehouse!

We have had no stock and no indication of when we will get any."

I suspect the same for all UK dealers - the message is no one really knows when they will get stock of the Mavic - it'll probably be as big a surprise to the dealer when they arrive as it will be for us!

I think DJI are prioritising their own direct customers - once the first 6 weeks of pre-orders is out they might start shipping to dealers. I suspect this won't be till early 2017 at best. Occasionally a few Mavics slip out in trickles to companies like Maplin and others - probably less than a dozen at a time.

I've now got Mavics on order from HeliGuy, Amazon and Expanses. Amazon is saying "We'll email when we have a clue about when they might be in stock".

My money is on Expansys as my best hope I suspect no one else thought to order from them - so when they get a random delivery of 10 Mavics I'm hoping I'll get mine!

Either that or it'll be Heliguy sometime I hope before Easter 2017.

I would still order from someone like Heliguy for something like an Inspire. Is there really such a rush for it? If not, then get it from a local dealer who can support you, and will love you for the business.

that said I went with Amazon and DJI for the Mavic - if nothing else, it's easier to ship than an inspire, if there's a problem.

Drives me mad when people do this, now I'm doing it - not to boast, more to give some hope to others. Just received my shipping notification, will arrive tomorrow morning = excited.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Pedro and tgden
Drives me mad when people do this, now I'm doing it - not to boast, more to give some hope to others. Just received my shipping notification, will arrive tomorrow morning = excited.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
don't feel bad. Every new delivery to the UK is a win, and means mine is getting closer. what did you order and from whom?

People ordering from Very, generally I receive shipping confirmation from them around 17:00 for next day delivery orders, nothing received for mine yet! not looking promising haha

I would still order from someone like Heliguy for something like an Inspire. Is there really such a rush for it? If not, then get it from a local dealer who can support you, and will love you for the business.

that said I went with Amazon and DJI for the Mavic - if nothing else, it's easier to ship than an inspire, if there's a problem.

I suspect if I'm lucky it'll be here by February 2017 - 4 months after I ordered - which to me is not a rush delivery! Never mind next day delivery - that's not even next month - its next year delivery!

I'm away on holiday end of March so really wanted to have it before then. I suspect - well hope - that production ramps up in the new year and suddenly it starts to become a commonly available item rather than a rarity that sells for £8000 on Amazon!

I ordered from Heliguy in Sept. Learning to have the patience of a saint at the mo but it comes when it comes :)

I had a stroke of luck yesterday and managed to get a Mavic Pro Combo on the Maplin website. Said add to basket and I just whizzed through the process and the flipping thing turned up today. Gob smacked... already had one on preorder too... no idea how that warehouse is operating...

Last edited:
I had a stroke of luck yesterday and managed to get a Mavic Pro Combo on the Maplin website. Said add to basket and I just whizzed through the process and the **** thing turned up today. Gob smacked... already had one on preorder too... no idea how that warehouse is operating...

Did you get the back in stock email from them yesterday? I got one other day early-ish in the morning but sod's law was that I'd taken the day off or I would have just been walking into my office..

Last edited:
I ordered from Heliguy in Sept. Learning to have the patience of a saint at the mo but it comes when it comes :)

I ordered in early October and have the patience of a hyperactive child on a long car journey.

I'm sure I'll forget about it all soon and one day a parcel will turn up unexpectedly!

Anyone contacted Very lately about tomorrow's delivery deadline? My Yodel delivery number is still inactive! ☹️

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

i think there is a pattern to what DJI are doing.. sending very small shipments as they can and spreading them around.. first the direct order customers then a few online dealers then a few to high street stores..

it kids people into thinking they are moving faster than what they really are.. a few here and a few there is the best kind of damage limitation exercise they can do..

my own "speculation" is that the mavic was set to be announced on Nov 15th just like the P4P and inspire 2.. to get a jump on the karma the mavic launch date was put forward a month.. this meant insufficient stock build up for a proper launch and on top of that they have hit production problems.. hence the ridiculous situation we are now in..

trog

I had a stroke of luck yesterday and managed to get a Mavic Pro Combo on the Maplin website. Said add to basket and I just whizzed through the process and the **** thing turned up today. Gob smacked... already had one on preorder too... no idea how that warehouse is operating...

I don't see the Combo on the Maplin site - just the non-combo version. And I never got an email alert about the non-Combo version. And me a loyal Maplin customer - I bought a pack of 2 AA batteries 5 years ago from them - you'd think they'd treat me better than this!

Nice one Richard. I have a combo on pre-order with fpv but I'm 22nd on the list.

Did you get the back in stock email from them yesterday? I got one other day early-ish in the morning but sod's law was that I'd taken the day off or I would have just been walking into my office..

Nope. This is where its interesting.

Last Friday I got the 'back in stock' email notification at 7:30am , I raced through the purchase process and managed to secure one - well, thought I had. I phone up CS around 9:30am just to confirm it had all gone through and they said that my payment had been declined (even though I had a confirmation order email) because the product is over £100, if this is the case and its your first purchase through Maplin online then your purchase is cancelled automatically. Absolute pain in the arse! By this point it was now out of stock and my order was cancelled and refunded... I'd think about how to combat this if you're going to poise yourself to purchase from Maplin online, might be worth a call to CS to see how to avoid this happening to you.

Then, I went on to the online store at 10:10am yesterday and it said 'in stock', I raced through the purchase process and it declined my AMEX card 3 times (still charged me though in the end) and then finally it accepted my PayPal... no idea why it worked that time - totally ridiculous system.

Anyway, i never got a confirmation email but spoke to CS on the phone last night and they gave me a tracking number... and... low and behold the thing turned up this morning. Crazy. Terrible online systems and awful communication from the warehouse, I'm not complaining but they should NEVER have gone online, they have 100's of preorders to see to first.

P.S. The bag is a joke - way too small.

Reactions: DirkGently
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kueaue