DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

So Very just gave out tracking numbers but has no stock? Now that's not a way to do business at all! Better no tracking number then.

So Very just gave out tracking numbers but has no stock? Now that's not a way to do business at all! Better no tracking number then.

Yep, looks that way at the minute. Live chat with them this morning:

Rezah: Thank you for your patience Pablo, I see this item is suppose to be delivered today the 17 November but with my experience working here this may only be delivered tomorrow only.
Rezah: This normally happens when orders are coming directly from our Supplier and therefore unable to keep to the expected delivery date.
Rezah: Sorry about that.
Rezah: But who knows, maybe this time we'll be surprised.
Rezah: You still with me Pablo?
Pablo: Hi yes, I'm reading.
Rezah: No problem.
Pablo: I know a few other people who have also ordered this product. The supplier (DJI) has had major problems keeping up with orders.
Pablo: We are concerned that Very are not fully aware of this, and are expecting a shipment that may not arrive for much longer than the delivery date of today.
Rezah: This will happen during the festive season but I can have my Trace team follow up on this for you and provide you with feedback if everything is still on schedule for you?
Pablo: Is there any way for you to confirm these items are in stock today/tomorrow.
Pablo: Yes I think that would be very useful
Rezah: I have already raised this matter for you and should receive feedback within the coarse of the day Pablo.
Rezah: Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Rezah: You’ll receive a notification email when a response, to your query, has been updated in your “My Account” online.
Pablo: How will I receive feedback? Via email?
Rezah: You’ll receive a notification email when a response, to your query, has been updated in your “My Account” online.
Pablo: Ok, well thanks for your help. Let's see what happens.
Rezah: You're most welcome. Thank you being such a wonderful customer chatting with me today.

So yeah I'd say they don't have a clue what's going on in terms of stock. Let's see what the "Trace" team have to say.

I'm not sure if my case is applicable to all Very orders, however my status page continued to show an ETA of today with no courier info. An agent confirmed this by live chat but did ask that I wait to 2100 tonight.

The trace team know less than you, unless they are planning to read the million comments in these forums.

That would have to be classed as an epic fail from very. At least the likes of Amazon have had the decency to actually find out about the situation and remove the product from their site.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke to Very (Track and Trace). The delivery date of 17th November was added when the order was placed on their system and seems to mean nothing. The line saying Checked on 16/11/2016 does not mean that Very have made sure that it is actually on track. I was told that it means that "Yodel checked the delivery date to see when the item needs to be delivered". Quite bizarre! Very give the impression that they have done nothing to check that the orders are coming - all they can say is that their suppliers haven't told them that the orders are not coming! They just say they will let me know if and when they hear from their supplier and seem happy to give the impression that they are totally inactive with regard to chasing their order. Needless to say, I suggested that it might be courteous to their customers to actually do something - like contact everyone who has ordered to explain the situation.

I'm not sure if my case is applicable to all Very orders, however my status page continued to show an ETA of today with no courier info. An agent confirmed this by live chat but did ask that I wait to 2100 tonight.

There is zero chance of anything arriving today I'm afraid. If they've got this wrong, then I think they've got it badly wrong and it'll be Jan/Feb before we get them.

I still won't cancel as I'm a cheapskate and there's no chance I'll find a better deal for the Fly More than that.

Reactions: karlak
Having spoken to a HeliGuy I think no one has any idea when the Mavic shipments are actually going to arrive.

I guess DJI gave some dealers a vague assurance it would be "Mid to late November" - but are failing to meet this deadline and not telling the shops.

Its very haphazard - DJI sending out small amounts to random dealers - no rhyme or reason as far as I can see.

Some are getting lucky but for most of us - especially who didn't order in the first few days - its going to be a sometime next year before they arrive.

HeliGuy told me they order in batches of 500 - and that because i ordered 7th Oct I would be in the 2nd batch.

Even if DJI send them 50 Mavics every other week - its going to be around 6 months before mine arrives.

I suspect though that things will speed up in January/February and suddenly bigger shipments will go out to dealers - back log will probably be gone by April next year.

I'm still hoping that Expansys will get their batch of 10 Mavics and I'll be higher up the list than I am for HeliGuy.

The number of Mavics that have been ordered is simply startling isn't it. I've heard mention of up to a million being ordered worldwide which is clearly a guess but when Heliguy alone has ordered at least £1 million pounds worth, you can see that the number outstanding is enormous..

CANCEL NOW!!??

April release suggested for Mavic 2, based on delays I have to believe this could be a huge possibility.

Recent reports of build quality issues and bugs would make me think as a manufacturer you'd want to get a new product out ASAP...

mavicv2.png

The number of Mavics that have been ordered is simply startling isn't it. I've heard mention of up to a million being ordered worldwide which is clearly a guess but when Heliguy alone has ordered at least £1 million pounds worth, you can see that the number outstanding is enormous..

That is pretty amazing. There's just nothing else in the market quite like the Mavic - for me its all about:

Light weight and portability
Decent camera

I'm not bothered about the selfie stuff and the "Look at me" modes - for me its about photographing amazing scenery from a new perspective.

The only way they could top the Mavic is a Mavic with a 1 inch sensor camera like the Phantom 4 Pro.

Well, *uck my luck.. There's me feeling all smug and excited about getting a couple ordered with Maplins last night so I thought I'd check to see if they were likely to ship today/soon only to be told that there was a glitch on the site last night and they don't have stock so my order, along with any others ordered last night, have gone onto a back order list which comprises of 24 units.. :mad::mad:

CANCEL NOW!!??

April release suggested for Mavic 2, based on delays I have to believe this could be a huge possibility.

Recent reports of build quality issues and bugs would make me think as a manufacturer you'd want to get a new product out ASAP...

mavicv2.png

Why are you constantly on here encouraging people to cancel? What axe are you grinding?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: edison
Why are you constantly on here encouraging people to cancel? What axe are you grinding?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

UAV Man makes a valid point. Everyone should cancel all orders now. Those who do have Mavic's - sell them immediately on eBay as a £1.99 Buy It now - I will - out of the kindness of my heart buy them off you while you wait for the Mavic 2 stock to arrive in 2018.

CANCEL NOW!!??

Well I would think without a doubt that they are already working on the next version. However the rest is simply speculation, the support guy did not seem to know much about about the rest of the conversation and I doubt very much the R&D have shared any info with most of the company yet alone 1st line support. Future developments are kept very much under wraps so he was simply saying what the caller wanted to hear, a normal human trait. Not had a single flight issue with mine (ok not had loads of flights yet) and have not seen any reports of the TBE or similar since the latest f/w updates.

With regards to the release date, again speculation, might happen, might not happen until this time next year...

If we all waited for the "next version" we would never ever buy anything right.

Reactions: Pablo
Well I would think without a doubt that they are already working on the next version. However the rest is simply speculation, the support guy did not seem to know much about about the rest of the conversation and I doubt very much the R&D have shared any info with most of the company yet alone 1st line support. Future developments are kept very much under wraps so he was simply saying what the caller wanted to hear, a normal human trait. Not had a single flight issue with mine (ok not had loads of flights yet) and have not seen any reports of the TBE or similar since the latest f/w updates.

With regards to the release date, again speculation, might happen, might not happen until this time next year...

If we all waited for the "next version" we would never ever buy anything right.

Exactly. Thumbswayup

Not to mention when the Mavic 2 eventually does launch there'll no doubt be massive delays for it too anyway.

by my old fashioned standards "obtaining money or goods by deception is fraud".. DJI and a few retailers associated with them seem to be guilty of fraud..

that is a good reason on a point of principle for people to cancel..

sadly people are so mesmerized by the latest DJI toy that they seem quite prepared to be treated like fools just in the hope of getting one.. he he

trog

by my old fashioned standards "obtaining money or goods by deception is fraud".. DJI and a few retailers associated with them seem to be guilty of fraud..

sadly people are so mesmerized by the latest DJI toy that they seem quite prepared to be treated like fools just in the hope of getting one.. he he

trog

Why do you sign off all your posts with your name as if you're writing a letter? We know it's you who posted it.

Pablo

dunno pablo its something i have always done.. :)

trog

ps.. the habit goes back many years..

Reactions: keiran
For those that did order last night on Maplin you may want to check. Just had a chat with them.
Screen Shot 2016-11-17 at 11.34.37.png

trog

The definition of "Fraud" is correct but there is no deception here, DJI and all re-sellers will fulfill orders eventually/as soon as possible, they have not taken your money and ran. It all comes down to the supply issue and personal choice, if you do not want to wait for it having paid then cancel your order and get your money back, then order with someone who will not charge you until they ship it. :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smoluse