DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

That's still 6 more than HeliGuy get - their shipments have gone from zero to zero with zero expected one day in the future.

Every time I think of HeliGuy I kick myself for choosing them!

I also ordered from Heliguy and are very disappointed with their communications. I would also like to know the reasons that DJI are giving them. Surely they must have some communications .. they said originally that they were in daily contact and that they had been assured a good allocation and that dealers would have priority allocation.

Why did it all go so wrong, did they forget to place their order or did they wait until the pre-orders were in before placing their order.

Whatever it is I don't think that I would recommend anyone buys anything from DJI through Heliguy.

Reactions: DirkGently
I also ordered from Heliguy and are very disappointed with their communications. I would also like to know the reasons that DJI are giving them. Surely they must have some communications .. they said originally that they were in daily contact and that they had been assured a good allocation and that dealers would have priority allocation.

Why did it all go so wrong, did they forget to place their order or did they wait until the pre-orders were in before placing their order.

Whatever it is I don't think that I would recommend anyone buys anything from DJI through Heliguy.
I think it's likely that they have had a handful like other retailers but the staff have poached them. Not sure why but I smelt a rat when they were pushing for me to put money down on one and came out with a whiff of bs about being a tier one retailer when nobody else is.
They made out that the date was pretty much guaranteed but their blog about managing a highly anticipated DJI release sounded like a long wait would be the case instead.
They will know and they will have had some unless they've not paid their bill!

My prediction is a good amount will arrive with retailers on Monday 28th. Maplin have two large shipments due on this date and I've heard this date from other retailers previously.
Jessops must've chipped away at most of their queue by now as well so hang in there guys.

You say apple Europe.. what country ?

Apple has a logistics centre in the Netherlands which serves all European countries including the U.K. So it doesn't really matter where it's going :)

Got my Mavic ( 1st real drone) on Monday and have had a few flights including a night flight - got to say I'm ABSOLUTELY blown away by it. Everything works far far better than I hoped, stability, speed, responsiveness has blown me away. 1st few flights I was shaking with adrenaline. I nearly sold on eBay for a daft profit but so glad I didn't - the combination of technologies is amazing. Hope you folks still waiting get yours soon, worth the wait/pain/grief from the Mrs. p.s. I'm a crap cameraman

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Pedro
I think it's likely that they have had a handful like other retailers but the staff have poached them. Not sure why but I smelt a rat when they were pushing for me to put money down on one and came out with a whiff of bs about being a tier one retailer when nobody else is.
They made out that the date was pretty much guaranteed but their blog about managing a highly anticipated DJI release sounded like a long wait would be the case instead.
They will know and they will have had some unless they've not paid their bill!

This is exactly the conversation I had with them back in early Oct when I ordered my Mavic from them. They claimed to be big players - priority dealer who would get the drones even before DJI's own customers. Original date for arrival I was given was 19th Oct!

So its amazing that even small local model shops are getting limited stock and "major players" like HeliGuy are getting zero.

Anyway I hope your right about 28th ( Nov? ) being a day lots of dealers get stock! I've 3 pre-orders from different companies and hoping at least one will come through.

Reactions: Andy
This is exactly the conversation I had with them back in early Oct when I ordered my Mavic from them. They claimed to be big players - priority dealer who would get the drones even before DJI's own customers. Original date for arrival I was given was 19th Oct!

So its amazing that even small local model shops are getting limited stock and "major players" like HeliGuy are getting zero.

Anyway I hope your right about 28th ( Nov? ) being a day lots of dealers get stock! I've 3 pre-orders from different companies and hoping at least one will come through.

Funny I had a similar chat with dronesdirect giving it all the we ll get them before anyone else, preferred dji retailer , yada yada.....not sure they ve had any stock. Glad I stuck with my jessops order....patiently waiting!

Heliguy is/was a UK DJI service centre so they could reasonably assume they'd get them as soon as anyone.

I agree - that was the assumption I made. But in fact they are behind the queue. Jessops, Apple, FirstPersonView,RCGeeks,Amazon,Maplin,Selfridges, local model shops - all are getting trickles of Mavics. Yet HeliGuy have told me they are getting none at all and no prospect of any at this time but could change any point in the future.

Never again will I be ordering a drone from HeliGuy unless they definitely have it in stock in the warehouse.

They are bound to get some in the next few months - whether its enough for their huge backorders I'm not sure. I ordered 7th Oct and was told I was over 500 in the pre-order list. At the time I ordered they were expecting batches of 250-300 so I'd be in the second batch. Obviously things didn't pan out like that.

I agree - that was the assumption I made. But in fact they are behind the queue. Jessops, Apple, FirstPersonView,RCGeeks,Amazon,Maplin,Selfridges, local model shops - all are getting trickles of Mavics. Yet HeliGuy have told me they are getting none at all and no prospect of any at this time but could change any point in the future.

Never again will I be ordering a drone from HeliGuy unless they definitely have it in stock in the warehouse.

They are bound to get some in the next few months - whether its enough for their huge backorders I'm not sure. I ordered 7th Oct and was told I was over 500 in the pre-order list. At the time I ordered they were expecting batches of 250-300 so I'd be in the second batch. Obviously things didn't pan out like that.

I ordered on the 3rd Oct, got talked into by Heliguy, was told I'm deffo in the first batch, preferred retailer and all that, stinks of Bullsh1t for sure.
So ready to cancel...

I ordered on the 3rd Oct, got talked into by Heliguy, was told I'm deffo in the first batch, preferred retailer and all that, stinks of Bullsh1t for sure.
So ready to cancel...

Part of me thinks stick with it - as I pre-ordered "early" and if I order from anywhere else I'll be well back of the queue.

I wouldn't feel so bad if they were getting batches of 50 or 100 in each week.

But if its zero now and maybe 50 in Dec and 100 in January that means a long, long wait. Or they could get a batch of 500 Monday.

They say no news is good news - personally I find no news very frustrating!

I'm still hoping my slightly late Amazon order or Expansys order will turn up before HeliGuy.

What strikes me is that clearly no single supplier is getting any large numbers of Mavics, the few suppliers that are receiving them are getting single digit numbers delivered. DJI are still only fulfilling direct orders from the first 3 or 4 days of ordering which is now over 8 weeks ago. There are half a dozen suppliers I know who have told me that they have orders in the several hundreds up to and over 1,000 now so unless there's some massive log jam somewhere that is about to open up how the **ck will DJI ever catch up with the demand, it could take years let alone months.. o_O

What strikes me is that clearly no single supplier is getting any large numbers of Mavics, the few suppliers that are receiving them are getting single digit numbers delivered. DJI are still only fulfilling direct orders from the first 3 or 4 days of ordering which is now over 8 weeks ago. There are half a dozen suppliers I know who have told me that they have orders in the several hundreds up to and over 1,000 now so unless there's some massive log jam somewhere that is about to open up how the **ck will DJI ever catch up with the demand, it could take years let alone months.. o_O

pretty much the way i see it.. how the h-ll can they catch up.. and to make it worse the things are still being being advertised for sale.. what a b-lls up.. he he

trog

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Baima