DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

That sounds more like it. All this talk of 800 units arriving next Friday (and last Friday) sounded like sheer nonsense to me.

There were folks earlier on thread getting them from Maplins on a short lead time just in the last fortnight. So I wouldn't disbelieve the hype entirely.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Watty
There were folks earlier on thread getting them from Maplins on a short lead time just in the last fortnight. So I wouldn't disbelieve the hype entirely.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yup, that's why I ordered from them as soon as I heard about their stocks but I think that was their allocation for the month which went almost instantly. 800 is probably more than DJI can produce in a week, to keep stating that that amount will go to one UK retailer is kind of ridiculous.

Went and bought a couple of batteries from Wex Photographic today, makes the wait for my Very.co.uk order to be fufilled even more frustrating! Any one had any movement on Very with their orders?

Went and bought a couple of batteries from Wex Photographic today, makes the wait for my Very.co.uk order to be fufilled even more frustrating! Any one had any movement on Very with their orders?

Nothing at all on my Very order. I've stopped bothering to contact them as they basically just check the website. With DJI direct quoting 3-4 weeks today, surely orders from back in Oct/Nov must be due fairly soon!!

Nothing at all on my Very order. I've stopped bothering to contact them as they basically just check the website. With DJI direct quoting 3-4 weeks today, surely orders from back in Oct/Nov must be due fairly soon!!

Agreed, the customer service I've had is just them reading out the information to me that I can already see on the screen. You'd like to think so, one assistant on the phone told me the soonest they could ship my order too me was January 2nd, not sure if that number was pulled out of the sky or whether somewhere on their system they had an expected delivery date. This was however a couple of weeks ago, we will see!

I ordered start of Nov from Heliguy. Think I was 350 in the queue. I don't think they've had any as people ordering theirs from other suppliers in late Dec are getting them now.
I think Heliguy forgot to order any from DJI!
Only thing keeping me from moving is that I paid a deposit and will get it at the original price.

Exactly the same reason I'm sticking with them... for now anyway
I'm approximately number 100 on their list
It's painful seeing people that ordered elsewhere in December getting theirs when I ordered 2 months earlier.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Exactly the same reason I'm sticking with them....for now anyway.

Still no movement on mine, ordered 25th October. Mavic only.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Just received email from Maplins: my Flymore combo ordered on Dec 19 is on its way via Royal Mail. Once I have it in my hands, my October 26 Amazon order and November 22 Apple order will be cancelled.
It's bizarre how some retailers are getting deliveries and others are being sidelined.

Reactions: magsta and karlak
Jesus wish I did that still waiting on the 3rd oct from cvp and off travelling in 6 days for 6 months, found a basic one eBay for 1300 so might bite the bullet and loose the 300, unless I wait till I get to the states and have a look there, what would you do if your leaving jan 5th? Flaymore combo is £1085 in Guernsey with no vat so super annoying I'll basically be paying 300 more and getting less.

Jesus wish I did that still waiting on the 3rd oct from cvp and off travelling in 6 days for 6 months, found a basic one eBay for 1300 so might bite the bullet and loose the 300, unless I wait till I get to the states and have a look there, what would you do if your leaving jan 5th? Flaymore combo is £1085 in Guernsey with no vat so super annoying I'll basically be paying 300 more and getting less.

If I was you I would cancel my order and wait until you get back ..... if you buy in the US your warranty is in the US so when you get back to the UK you would have no warranty so you would have to pay for any issues with the drone.

If I was you I would cancel my order and wait until you get back ..... if you buy in the US your warranty is in the US so when you get back to the UK you would have no warranty so you would have to pay for any issues with the drone.

I agree - its high risk. Quite a few Mavics - mine included - have had gimbal issues and had to be returned to DJI.

DJI may or may not honour the warranty - I'm still waiting to hear back about mine and whether the fault will be fixed free of charge or not. There seems to be conflicting info about whether DJI will fix faults with eBay purchased drones.

If you do go ahead - and assuming the drone has never been activated - get DJI Care Refresh. At least that way if there is a fault you won't have to pay more than £79 to get it fixed.

Reactions: Lukegsy
Maplins are deafently getting deliveries just think it's all nonsense when they quote numbers and dates . When u asked yesterday some one senior told me that they had no ideas of numbers or dates just quoting January. I bet some where there will be mavic in independant shops sitting on the shelves

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Maplins are definitely getting some deliveries. They called me at around 5:00 pm last evening and said they were upgrading my delivery free of charge to overnight delivery, but given the late hour and the proximity to New years, there was a possibility I wouldn't get it till January 3. Lo and behold, 8:45 am today, my combo was delivered.

I've got to say, hats off to Maplins. They responded to all my emails and calls with detailed information, no bull***t, and delivered what they promised when they promised. Amazon and others should take notice.

Batteries charging, so really looking forward to getting out there.

Reactions: Khy and simon_t
Maplins just advised me they have no official numbers or time for deliveries other than January

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

I got '10 drone only expected next week' !
Maplins are definitely getting some deliveries. They called me at around 5:00 pm last evening and said they were upgrading my delivery free of charge to overnight delivery, but given the late hour and the proximity to New years, there was a possibility I wouldn't get it till January 3. Lo and behold, 8:45 am today, my combo was delivered.

I've got to say, hats off to Maplins. They responded to all my emails and calls with detailed information, no bull***t, and delivered what they promised when they promised. Amazon and others should take notice.

Batteries charging, so really looking forward to getting out there.

That's great news!

I must say, and I only ordered yesterday, that Maplins have been top notch so far with information.
I ordered from Jessops previously and it was the lack of response from e-mails that put me off keeping my order with them. I just wanted to know how many back orders they had, and how many they had been receiving from DJI - no response at all, not even the default copy & paste!

Maplins responded within a couple of hours with good information.

Fingers crossed mine won't take too long now it looks as though they are receiving them regularly.

Reactions: SussexBedouin
Wish I'd found this thread earlier... (and apologies for not reading the first 83 pages before posting my query... tldr)

Ordered on Oct 19th from Drones Direct (Ultimate Bundle - like fly more, but 3 batteries in total).

Initial delivery estimate was end of November. This was updated to Dec 16th, then to Dec 31st, and most recently to "March 2017"!!!

Anyone had any updates for drones direct deliveries?

To update from my earlier post, ordered yesterday (29th Dec 08:30am) over the phone with Maplin and my drone only has been despatched this evening for delivery on Tuesday (due to the BH on Monday).

Its almost as if DJI and Maplin's did an exclusive deal - Maplin's the sole dealer for the UK!

Other dealers are getting occasional deliveries in very tiny numbers - but mostly going to Maplin's

If you want one before Easter contact Maplin.

Oh well - as long as someone is delivering them!

To update from my earlier post, ordered yesterday (29th Dec 08:30am) over the phone with Maplin and my drone only has been despatched this evening for delivery on Tuesday (due to the BH on Monday).

Did you order the fly more combo?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf