DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

I still don't know how you guys have managed to order and get them delivered from maplin so quickly?! I just went into my local maplin and stirred up a real fuss as according to them and their system and even a call to HQ not even paid for pre deliveries from Oct 5th have been delivered to them yet, including 2 of the maplin employees talking to me, who frantically went to make calls lol. Gonna be some seriously pee'd off folk when they find out random callers got their maplin pre deliveries! Good for you guys but feel for them though being a mug myself too

Some major problems there for Maplins if we lucky folk managed to get stock that should have fulfilled pre-orders. Not too clever.

Anyone know who has battery sticks currently? Apple are now showing 8-10 weeks! But free delivery.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I didn't realise Maplin had pre orders as couldn't see them on the website. But can confirm I rang at 12:30 yesterday, they had stock and I ordered. My dear mother signed for the drone this morning from Hermes and also signed for a spare battery I ordered from Apple yesterday.

Reactions: M4RK and magsta
Mine has just arrived, massive box for nowt.
e76bf4cf50aae383da8163a866c185f7.jpg

Some major problems there for Maplins if we lucky folk managed to get stock that should have fulfilled pre-orders. Not too clever.

Anyone know who has battery sticks currently? Apple are now showing 8-10 weeks! But free delivery.

First Person View have them - they just delivered 2 this morning via DPD - direct link:

DJI Mavic Pro Drone Battery | FirstPersonView

My Mavic has also arrived and its spending some quality time updating itself.

Also if anyone is interested in buying the battery hub - Wex have it:

DJI Mavic Battery Charging Hub

Mine arrived via ParcelForce this morning. Does make charging multiple batteries easier.

I wanted a lightweight bag to store and transport Mavic plus batteries - ordered this:

Buy Lowepro Adventura SH 160 II Camera Shoulder Bag for DSLRs, Black | John Lewis

( Also available on Wex and Amazon ).

Perfect fit for 1 Mavic + 3 batteries ( one in Mavic ) + remote control + spare pocket for whatever!

Weight is just under 400g and fits perfectly in my usual hiking bag

Reactions: M4RK
I have give up on Drones Direct now. I emailed asking for confirmation of my 6th Jan Delivery and they replied with this:-

Thank you for your e-message. Please accept our apologies for this. Unfortunately the manufacturers have advised that there has been a stock delay, which means that we are unable to deliver it until March. If you would prefer not to wait, we can ask a member of our sales team to give you a call regarding an alternative product. Please can you confirm how you would like to proceed with the order?

So I called Maplins yesterday at 5pm and they had 1 canceled order for a fly less and they sent Next day to Store and i picked it up at 9:30 this morning. The chap said they had sold 90 in 2 hours yesterday and it was a new record for sales in the office!

I dont know why Maplins seem to be getting so many but they seem to have lots.

I have give up on Drones Direct now. I emailed asking for confirmation of my 6th Jan Delivery and they replied with this:-

Thank you for your e-message. Please accept our apologies for this. Unfortunately the manufacturers have advised that there has been a stock delay, which means that we are unable to deliver it until March. If you would prefer not to wait, we can ask a member of our sales team to give you a call regarding an alternative product. Please can you confirm how you would like to proceed with the order?

So I called Maplins yesterday at 5pm and they had 1 canceled order for a fly less and they sent Next day to Store and i picked it up at 9:30 this morning. The chap said they had sold 90 in 2 hours yesterday and it was a new record for sales in the office!

Nice! I saw the number 800 and something being chucked around for Maplin

March - that's just crazy! Maplin's are getting most of the UK stock it seems - well done on getting your new Mavic!

My Maplin Mavic hasnt been delivered due to UKMail 'attempting a delivery' without even pulling up outside in a Van, Spoken to Maplin hopefully it'll arrive this afternoon or tomorrow! Wishing I'd gone for store delivery.

First Person View have them - they just delivered 2 this morning via DPD - direct link:

DJI Mavic Pro Drone Battery | FirstPersonView

My Mavic has also arrived and its spending some quality time updating itself.
:

Buy Lowepro Adventura SH 160 II Camera Shoulder Bag for DSLRs, Black | John Lewis

( Also available on Wex and Amazon ).

Perfect fit for 1 Mavic + 3 batteries ( one in Mavic ) + remote control + spare pocket for whatever!

Weight is just under 400g and fits perfectly in my usual hiking bag

My Mavic came updated, I was expecting to update the firmware on both RC and Aircraft?

I have a similar camera bag.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Photogeezer