DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Haha. Is your drone ok though? That gimbal is so shaky and finnicky. Struggled my *** off to get that tab at the top of the gimbal off.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

It's fine, a few little chips on the props. The gimbal came out of its mounting, sometimes happens in transit apparently. Yeh the gimbal lock is really finicky.

I'll get it outside tomorrow and hopefully will hover rock solid. I think problem I had the forward sensor picked up a cupboard at take off and decided to reverse into the fridge. I've re calibrated everything now, joystick, imu, forward and backwards sensors etc.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Last edited:
Hello guys! For most people who had a bad experience with Amazon (received a Phantom 3 standard instead of the mavic pro) you can send a message to BBC WATCHDOG, it's really easy they are on Facebook and Twitter. I did it; I really hope Amazon will do something for this issue.

It's fine, a few little chips on the props. The gimbal came out of its mounting, sometimes happens in transit apparently. Yeh the gimbal lock is really finicky.

I'll get it outside tomorrow and hopefully will hover rock solid. I think problem I had the forward sensor picked up a cupboard at take off and decided to reverse into the fridge. I've re calibrated everything now, joystick, emu, forward and backwards sensors etc.

Glad all is ok!! Phew!!
I'm going to take it out tomorrow morning. I just spent an hour this evening setting it all up? What is the latest firmware? 1.03.000? I didn't need to update anything

Last edited:
Reactions: NickRno77
Glad all if ok!! Phew!!
I'm going to take it out tomorrow morning. I just spent an hour this evening setting it all up? What is the latest firmware? 1.03.000? I didn't need to update anything

Fairly sure that's what I'm on, put all your batteries in before going out one of mine needed updating.

Well this is a bit of a surprised i've just received an email from Maplin saying my fly more combo has been dispatched by Royal Mail, they've even debited my card! Im officially excited!! Has anybody else received the same for their fly more combo via Maplin?

I ordered Monday too but nothing yet... can't be far off though :) Enjoy your Mavic!

Reactions: Davew88
Fairly sure that's what I'm on, put all your batteries in before going out one of mine needed updating.

Seems my problem was because I was in ATTI mode. Indoors you need to be in OPTI mode. I think what happens if it picks up satellites it switches to ATTI here's a video someone did of an indoor flight. If you read the comments one guy had the exact same problem as me. Best bit to fly indoors I think [emoji15]

Haha. Is your drone ok though? That gimbal is so shaky and finnicky. Struggled my *** off to get that tab at the top of the gimbal off.

Same here - it does shake a bit. In a short flight I did a swift turn while videoing and it does a bit of a shake for a few seconds - not something that happened with the Phantom 3.

Easily solved by not doing rapid turns!

I also noticed that the colour orange come out as red - I only noticed because I was wearing my "burnt orange" ( dark orange ) super thick down coat outside flying it and took a shot of myself from a distance ( best way at my age! )

Easily solved in Lightroom by changing the red setting and moving it 15 to 20 towards the right.

Not seen anyone else notice this.

Drone stability 5m above my patio is pretty amazing - it just sits there with no floating around. It did keep warning of wind and I doubt it was more than a 10mph wind - where I live that's a quiet day!

Just had email saying my Maplin order is out for delivery!!! TODAY!!!

Who was the email from Neil? Royal Mail or Maplin? I've not had anything to say its out for delivery yet just the dispatch email last night. Fingers crossed though!

It took a while but mine is finally calibrated
404123ca51565ac4499c3779ed7f592b.jpg

I just called Maplin - very helpful lady on the phone saying hay they are expecting over 800 Fly Less in the 23rd and plenty of Fly More, with an additional 450 Fly More due on the 4th Jan.

Order placed for a Fly More.... just wait and see if my DJI direct order updates before the Maplin one....

Reactions: Balders
I wonder if the DJI rep. that deals with Maplin has just got a new car?
(Only joking)
Seriously, how do Maplin get such quantities when Drones Direct/Amazon/Jessops etc etc don't?

Just had my first outdoor flight and wow. It holds itself well, rather windy today in the North East. Was only a small flight otherwise my fingers would've frozen right off. Beautiful piece of machinery.

Just had my first outdoor flight and wow. It holds itself well, rather windy today in the North East. Was only a small flight otherwise my fingers would've frozen right off. Beautiful piece of machinery.

Nice one, it's a lovely day down here in Herts, will be out there soon[emoji3][emoji106]

Reactions: magsta

Where about's do you live? I live in Blyth, Northumberland. Can't wait to get mine.

Where about's do you live? I live in Blyth, Northumberland. Can't wait to get mine.

I live in Sunderland. I'm new to the UK, originally from South Africa, I've just checked that Blyth is further up north. Not too far!! Totally worth the wait mate!!

Nice one, it's a lovely day down here in Herts, will be out there soon[emoji3][emoji106]

Indeed it is - I live in Barnet (work in Bushey) but drive all over Herts looking for good locations. Where about are you?

Would be fun (if my Mavic ever turns up from Heliguy) to share some locations or even Litchi missions and maybe fly together sometime - a Mavic filming a Mavic in fight?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead