DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Maplin are getting 800!!

Right, time to chase Jessops again to ask them what they are actually saying when they 'speak to DJI daily'.
It clearly needs to be, 'Can we have some Mavics please before Maplin steal all our preorders!'

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Balders
Just leave it long enough for Maplin to send mine out first please before you ruin the party :)

Maplin - The Secret is out!

They have now put the Mavic up on their website, both the Fly More and Fly Less - shown as out of stock

That 800 stock could move very fast now.....

Attachments

• MaplinMavic.JPG
    MaplinMavic.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 45
If you do a search for Mavic it doesn't show up. However, search for N88EM and it does. I guess that means they got some more deliveries to ship out (hopefully one of them is mine).

If you do a search for Mavic it doesn't show up. However, search for N88EM and it does. I guess that means they got some more deliveries to ship out (hopefully one of them is mine).

Ah, "Mavic Pro" finds them though

Ah, "Mavic Pro" finds them though

Just spoke to Maplin (online chat) about the Fly More Combo:

We are expecting more stock in 2017, currently around 50 on back order
Yes, we have had some drones come in and these have been used to fulfill pre-orders. We are expecting some in January but I'm not sure if the amount will clear the back order or not. Sorry

Well mine arrived just now bang on time from the UKMail driver. Nearly had a hissy fit when I saw the "Void if opened" seal had indeed been opened!
All OK though, it was just the outer box where the seal was open, all the boxes inside (3) were sealed. I guess Maplin or customs had opened the outer cardboard box to check.
No need to repeat what others have said, but I will anyway :) it's a beautifully engineered device, the controller is tiny, and it's presented very well.
Battery and controller on charge now (controller was at 25%, battery at 1 blob).
Good luck and Happy Christmas to all on here, especially the member who originally flagged up the Maplin situation.
Cheers
Neil

Been out with mine this morning. So happy with the feel of the aircraft and the remote. Oozes quality.

Kept getting wind warnings despite blue skies here in sunny Nottinghamshire.

Back inside now to read up on all those menu settings!

As Neil said above, very many thanks and Compliments of the Season to whichever member first posted up the Maplins availability.

Tough luck Drones Direct. I've now my money back onto my card :)

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: NickRno77
Indeed it is - I live in Barnet (work in Bushey) but drive all over Herts looking for good locations. Where about are you?

Would be fun (if my Mavic ever turns up from Heliguy) to share some locations or even Litchi missions and maybe fly together sometime - a Mavic filming a Mavic in fight?

Not much up here, would be great to fly with you and share locations. I'll pm you my YouTube stuff and phone number. I'm in Letchworth the other end of Herts . [emoji23]

After waiting since late Sept with Heliguy I've bitten the bullet and placed an order with Maplins yesterday. As much as I'd prefer to support a small business, my patience is only so virtuous.

Reactions: lostagain
Been out with mine this morning. So happy with the feel of the aircraft and the remote. Oozes quality.

Kept getting wind warnings despite blue skies here in sunny Nottinghamshire.

Back inside now to read up on all those menu settings!

As Neil said above, very many thanks and Compliments of the Season to whichever member first posted up the Maplins availability.

Tough luck Drones Direct. I've now my money back onto my card :)

I hiked on a footpath where I had the land owners permission and flew a couple of batteries worth of flights.

Same dire warnings of wind - I measured 10mph average winds with 15mph gusts - this was on top of an exposed and fairly high hill.

I wish these could be turned off as blocks the screen. One warning is enough!

Sports mode is pretty amazing.

More troubling was the "Stick EMI2" warning on controller coupled with "Electro Magnetic Interference" warning on screen and recommended return to home.

At first this just happened when I used the down stick. Eventually it happened all the time.

Quick googling while on the moors suggested a stick re-cailbtation - which has for now removed the warning.

Finally I got a "Pilot hands blue - frost bite imminent - return to home" warning so I went home....

Last edited:
7df30e892cd7377013fa9592d2f3aef0.jpg

Mine arrived at 10:30 this morning. Thank you Maplin!!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

No update on my flymore order placed with Maplin on Monday at mid day, nor Apple placed 10th November. Thanks for the stress and sleepless nights DJI.

After waiting since late Sept with Heliguy I've bitten the bullet and placed an order with Maplins yesterday. As much as I'd prefer to support a small business, my patience is only so virtuous.

I'm in the same boat - ordered early Nov. Normally I'd be happy to wait as its lousy flying weather for the next couple of months anyway and the Fly More has gone up £100.

but...my brother-law is dying of cancer - and absolutely loved the recent drone footage I shot in Cornwall (before crashing into a lighthouse so my drone is now on an uninhabited island off the coast of Cornwall - don't ask!).

He really showed an interest and I was hoping to get him flying the Mavic over Christmas. He's in hospital now, chemo hasn't gone well so I think the months left is now down to just weeks.

In the grand scheme of things its not important - but......not sure what to do

Not much up here, would be great to fly with you and share locations. I'll pm you my YouTube stuff and phone number. I'm in Letchworth the other end of Herts . [emoji23]!!!

I've been to Letchworth a couple of times this year as it happens.

I flew at Panshanger Park (Nr Hertford) and Digwell Viaduct (Near Welwyn) in the summer (up on YouTube somewhere) with my old UpAir One (alas, no more).

Love to see your vids by the way, I'm very new to flying these birds - if only my Mavic would arrive

Reactions: NickRno77
Anyway turns out it's a Company called Data Select. Looks like a tech supply chain company.

Tempted to send them an email as well.

Did you, or anyone else, ever contact this Data Select company? I think both my preorders (Very and Jessops) may be using them as a supplier and I'm hoping that they might be getting some soon. Maybe just wishful thinking though!

Did you, or anyone else, ever contact this Data Select company? I think both my preorders (Very and Jessops) may be using them as a supplier and I'm hoping that they might be getting some soon. Maybe just wishful thinking though!

I contacted them via email around a week ago but haven't heard anything, I do believe you can contact them via phone but haven't done so yet!

It all started so well. Just switched on the Mavic to do a test on the patio - check out some modes.

But get a "Gimbal obstructed" warning. Tried switching on and off a few times. Same issue - though occasionally it works but when it does the image is crooked unless I manually straighten the gimbal. Next time same issue.

Appears to be a common issue - I found this:

Mavic Gimbal Issue

Both same issue as I'm having.

Other than sending it back - any other suggestions?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman