DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Did you, or anyone else, ever contact this Data Select company? I think both my preorders (Very and Jessops) may be using them as a supplier and I'm hoping that they might be getting some soon. Maybe just wishful thinking though!

Emailed them, but never heard anything back, didn't expect to hear anything to be honest. We're not their customers, Very or Jessops are their customers.

It all started so well. Just switched on the Mavic to do a test on the patio - check out some modes.

But get a "Gimbal obstructed" warning. Tried switching on and off a few times. Same issue - though occasionally it works but when it does the image is crooked unless I manually straighten the gimbal. Next time same issue.

Appears to be a common issue - I found this:

Mavic Gimbal Issue

Both same issue as I'm having.

Other than sending it back - any other suggestions?

Reload all firmware and app?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reload all firmware and app?

Hmmm seems more like a hardware issue - I can manually fix it - sometimes.

Occasionally it works but not often. It doesn't help that on restart the gimbal moves so violently.

Tried a gimbal calibration - that got stuck at 68%

Searching news groups its actually a very common issue - I guess contacting DJI support is my only option.

Oh well - it lasted 2 days!

Spoke to DJI and hopefully they'll exchange for a new one or repair the old one.

If I had my chance again I'd wait for the Mavic 2. I think the Mavic 1's have some design issues with the gimbal. Brilliant in other ways except the delicate gimbal.

Last edited:
In the grand scheme of things its not important - but......not sure what to do

Very sorry to hear about your brother in law, that's really sad news. We've all been touched by cancer I'm sure, both my parents have been sufferers and it's a horrid disease.

If mine does turn up and your anywhere near the SE of England, I'd be happy to pop over and let him/you fly it as much as the flymore batteries will allow.

To all that are querying Dataselect. They were identified by DJI as the supplier of the P3s from Amazon.

I wrote to them and received the following email. It sounds like they are the wholesaler and mistake was still Amazons. Got a call from Amazon today saying that they were not offering Mavic drone for sale (they said "withdrawn") until they had stock and this mess was sorted out. They offered me to refund the difference and I could keep the P3s. Needless to say I declined. Looks like I'm in for the long haul of awaiting it coming back online if I am to get it at original price.

The guy seemed to be phoning round all those who had ordered a Fly More as he stated some HAD received a Mavic. Anyone on here actually get one from Amazon (SARL EU)?

--------------------------------------

Thank you for the email.

This is not my department - if you have purchased from Amazon and they have made a mistake please directly speak to Amazon to resolve.

Good luck and have a great Xmas.

Best Regards

Wayne Bolton
Product Development and Vendor Relations Manager

T +44 (0) 7920271100
E [email protected]

Data Select Limited,
Network House, Third Avenue, Globe Park
Marlow, Bucks, SL7 1EY, United Kingdom

DATA SELECT LIMITED | Registered in England and Wales no. 03662640 | Registered Office: Network House, Third Avenue, Globe Park, Marlow, Buckinghamshire, SL7 1EY, United Kingdom | Web site: Data Select | UK Mobile & Tech Supply Chain Innovation

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

You can order from maplins in UK they sold over 200 this week next delivery 4 days time

I might have a mavic for sale in UK. I will sell at no profit new unopened for cash and collection only , I will have more info tomorrow

The Mavic I ordered over the phone with Maplin on Wednesday night has been dispatched. I won't believe it until I have it my hands after the Amazon fiasco.

I live in Sunderland. I'm new to the UK, originally from South Africa, I've just checked that Blyth is further up north. Not too far!! Totally worth the wait mate!!

You should be able to get some nice footage from around Sunderland. Roker pier would be good and all the cliffs around South Shields.

I go further up the coast with my P2, just patiently waiting for the Mavic now, so I can do more! 8 weeks 2 days now!

Maplins are 1350 fly more combo and the one I might have for sale is just drone at £1090

Yes specially some are asking 1800 just profiteering and I don't like that

If you didn't mind waiting you should of orders direct $1300 is only £1080 and if you get charged any tax dji will refund it by far cheapest deal I've worked out

You should be able to get some nice footage from around Sunderland. Roker pier would be good and all the cliffs around South Shields.

I go further up the coast with my P2, just patiently waiting for the Mavic now, so I can do more! 8 weeks 2 days now!

Awesome suggestions!! I'll defo look at going to them!!! You're a very patient person haha

Did you, or anyone else, ever contact this Data Select company? I think both my preorders (Very and Jessops) may be using them as a supplier and I'm hoping that they might be getting some soon. Maybe just wishful thinking though!
Data select are the same agent that buy for very and jessops so no idea why maplin of all people got a load before anyone else?! Good for the opportunists but really pissing me off as I have 2 pre orders dating back to Sep 28th (apple and very) and have heard FA about either :mad: what an absolute farce all this really is.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne