DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Deliveries - UK

Guys please listen to Ceejay.
I've been building drones for around 5 years now, and there are so many more people flying them now without knowing the rules.
If you do fly where you're not supposed to, and you get caught - it'll be on the local news & BBC - the media loves kicking drone users.
If you follow the rules, then everyone is happy.
I have noticed over the years that public perception on drone fliers is getting worse and worse - all because of people breaking the rules.
About 2 years ago, pretty much the only reaction I would get from the general public was "Wow!! What's that...." - Now I get "Are you allowed to fly that thing here?!"

I ordered my FlyMore direct with DJI on Tuesday afternoon. Got the request to prove my address Thursday morning, order confirmed Thursday afternoon. Order marked as shipped, 4th blue dot, Thursday night. Just received DPD notification of my delivery Monday. This was on the UK website. So if it's delivered Monday that's less than a week. Very happy with that.

Thats cool, thanks for the reply.
It's funny you mentioned Norfolk, took a few days holiday there and Suffolk last year and regularly come up to those counties, lovely areas and it was partly after exploring those areas that made me get a drone to take up there with my next time :)
Yeah great place to live (and fly) , I love just jumping in the car, drones in the boot, and in 30 minutes I can be in the middle of nowhere,
I live 50 yards inside the Norwich Airport no fly zone, so I can understand your frustration !.
As many members on here will tell you, be careful, stick to the rules ,and you will be fine (and safe).
Give me a shout when you are next up this way.
I will point you into some great drone areas in Norfolk, where you should bother no one!.
But ,more importantly get some great footage of some of our great landmarks up here.
P.S. Just heard that my Mavic Pro Combo should be with me at the end of the week.
Better start reading the manual !!!, (Looks like the P4 will be relegated to its box for a few weeks!!)
I might be 63, but feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.
Good on yer "Buzzflyer" knew you would come good in the end !!

Last edited:
I ordered on 19th and they said shipping on 4th Feb but I think, reading between the lines, that was an estimated shipping date based on 10 business days. Can but hope that on the basis that 2 days later it says 5-7 business days it might be a bit inside that.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Well minor miracles do happen. My MP arrived just now (8 days / 6 business days). It seems to be from a UK consignment which was being distributed from a centre local to me. DJI had allocated DPD as the 'final mile' courier yesterday, however, in the end after hearing nothing I rang the distribution centre on the number they provided and they confirmed that they were planning to deliver it themselves today. Which they did:)

Guys please listen to Ceejay.
I've been building drones for around 5 years now, and there are so many more people flying them now without knowing the rules.
If you do fly where you're not supposed to, and you get caught - it'll be on the local news & BBC - the media loves kicking drone users.
If you follow the rules, then everyone is happy.
I have noticed over the years that public perception on drone fliers is getting worse and worse - all because of people breaking the rules.
About 2 years ago, pretty much the only reaction I would get from the general public was "Wow!! What's that...." - Now I get "Are you allowed to fly that thing here?!"

That's simply not true. The majority of London is "Controlled Airspace, Aerodromes and Airports" which noflydrones.co.uk says means this:

The round blue areas on the map indicate Aerodrome Traffic Zones, they surround smaller airports and aerodromes that do not have additional controlled airspace. Other areas of blue identify Controlled Airspace. If you are operating a drone above 7kg you must not fly in these areas without prior permission from the air traffic service provider controlling that airspace.If you are under 7kg, it is still strongly advised to notify the air traffic service provider of your activity.

The very centre of London is defined as "Danger Area and HIRTA's", which they say means this:

Danger Areas are areas of military airspace often used for activities such as fighter pilot training, live ammunition training or weapons and systems testing (including GPS jamming exercises). The official definition is “An airspace of defined dimensions within which activities dangerous to the flight of aircraft may exist at specified time. HIRTA’s are High Intensity Radio Transmission Areas, flying through these areas could interfere with the electronics on board your drone.

NOWHERE is being mentioned that you cannot fly your 734g / 1.62 pounds drone. All the drone code says is:

1. Do not fly near airports or airfields
  2. Remember to stay below 120m (400ft)
  3. Always keep your drone in sight
  4. Do not fly within 50m of individuals or properties
  5. Never fly within 150m of congested areas (meaning also not above, due to the rule 2)
There is no official definition of "congested area" which is probably the biggest misunderstanding of the drone code. Neither is the minimum distance from the airport.

It is up to interpretation. I would say it means an area that has a lot of people (events such as concerts, train stations, airports, shopping malls / high streets, etc) and in regards to the airports, well... wherever you see airplanes descending below 500-1000m or so is probably not cool.

Flying in a NON-busy park with a lot of green space where you can safely take-off and land, while staying at least 50m in the air and not in a royal park or another place that specifically requires permission and I think you should be fine.

EDIT: I should also add that all royal parks require permission. Most others don't.

Reactions: Doobee doobee doo
Got mine today .from DJI order sent on Wednesday arrived today brilliant service
Finally joined the club

Well I finally managed to get my first flight today, 5 days after receiving the Mavic. I went to the local park, it was empty all bar a couple of dog walkers on the other side. She flies like a dream. I didn't venture much higher than 15m and not much further than 20m away from me, just getting a feel for how it flies compared to my non-GPS micro drone. It's a different league, obviously.

I didn't take my eyes off the mavic the whole time, so it took a while before I realised I hadn't even looked down at the app or the controller. How long does it take people normally to start flying by looking at the app rather than constantly watching the Mavic?

Reactions: devboxr
Re the other topic in this thread, have a look at caniflymy drone.com to see some specific locations where you can and can't fly.

Re the other topic in this thread, have a look at caniflymy drone.com to see some specific locations where you can and can't fly.
Unfortunately they only offer very specific spots (like the London Eye). More directed at tourists I suppose!

Yeah great place to live (and fly) , I love just jumping in the car, drones in the boot, and in 30 minutes I can be in the middle of nowhere,
I live 50 yards inside the Norwich Airport no fly zone, so I can understand your frustration !.
As many members on here will tell you, be careful, stick to the rules ,and you will be fine (and safe).
Give me a shout when you are next up this way.
I will point you into some great drone areas in Norfolk, where you should bother no one!.
But ,more importantly get some great footage of some of our great landmarks up here.
P.S. Just heard that my Mavic Pro Combo should be with me at the end of the week.
Better start reading the manual !!!, (Looks like the P4 will be relegated to its box for a few weeks!!)
I might be 63, but feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to come.
Good on yer "Buzzflyer" knew you would come good in the end !!

Great tip on Norfolk thanks. I'm heading to the broads in April and hoped to take my Mavic along for the ride... not launching from the boat but some of the quieter stop-off points along the way. If you have any tips on best spots (for a learner) I'd be most grateful. Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: Ceejay
Ok so surprise today... I got a 4th blue dot on the DJI order tracking screen (shipped) then 1 hour later I got DPD SMS stating delivery tomorrow.... TOMORROW! I checked tracking number and indeed it is on its way. Maybe I'm getting a cancelled Fly More order in the UK... maybe it's because I chased them up on chat (very politely) and got bumped up the list... maybe it's just that they kept to their promise of a 7-10 day shipment.... or maybe I'll discover I've been dreaming and I'll wake up to discover that Mavic hasn't been invented yet... either way I'm far too excited for a 40+ yr grown man with family responsibilities... here's hoping my excitement turns into reality before this time tomorrow - thanks everyone for their inputs on this great forum and especially to the person who cancelled and helped me queue jump ;) and hopefully this spells good news for all those waiting on the 7-10 day promise...

And it's arrived! It seems like they've made a push to fulfil orders before Chinese NY.... credit to them.

Great tip on Norfolk thanks. I'm heading to the broads in April and hoped to take my Mavic along for the ride... not launching from the boat but some of the quieter stop-off points along the way. If you have any tips on best spots (for a learner) I'd be most grateful. Thanks again!

Let me know where you are starting from, most cruiser holidays start at Wroxham, or near to it.
I will try to point some places to explore around the area in general, and places worth a stop off for a flight.

Sent from my SGP512 using MavicPilots mobile app

Let me know where you are starting from, most cruiser holidays start at Wroxham, or near to it.
I will try to point some places to explore around the area in general, and places worth a stop off for a flight.

Sent from my SGP512 using MavicPilots mobile app

Thanks! PM sent. Starting Stalham But will venture over the full north broads...

Hey all. Anyone here any experience with buying from digital revs then using dji care in the U.K? I have dji care and don't need to use it yet but want to know the process? Where do I have to send my drone and what not?

Reactions: devboxr
Hey all. Anyone here any experience with buying from digital revs then using dji care in the U.K? I have dji care and don't need to use it yet but want to know the process? Where do I have to send my drone and what not?

I did that exactly and asked in the live chat. They said it's no problem at all.

It has arrived. Less than a week from order to delivery. It was sat in Guildford since Friday.

Thanks for tip-off. I know Dungeness area is crawling with military bases and nuclear power station so is off limits but didn't realise their airspace limits extended that far west - useful to know and I'll look into it further as there are a few 'quiet' locations off the beaten track near Pevensey / Sovereign harbour which would be convenient for our weekends - sounds like you had fun though!

On thread - ordered 15th. Spoke to DeLiam on chat and told Fly More would ship by 30th. Not convinced I was getting a personal response as it all felt a bit robotic and automated but fingers crossed !

I have flown many times over Pevensey Bay and there isn't a NFZ there. Only seen the odd low flying Chinook from time to time, they seem to favour flying inland over Herstmonceux more. Once every few months kind of thing.

The one big NFZ to look out for is mentioned on noflydrones.co.uk (but not DJI's app) and that's the Space Geodesy Facility. It's a very large laser attached to a telescope that tracks the locations of Satellites. It's run by NERC and operates all year round. The laser is situated within the estate of Herstmonceux Castle. You can't fly over the private estate without permission from the Castle anyway, so stay away from that general area and you'll be fine!

Reactions: tgden

I'm just in the process of returning my 1 week old Mavic from DR to the European repair center in the netherlands for gimbal warnings and jelly video. apart from the utter dissapointment that I have to send my loooong awaited mavic back and its going to miss a trip to the alps this week, up to now Ive had no issues with customer care or from where I bought my mavic.. why would there be, they are all from the same factory!?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook