DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic did the kamikaze again.

You might need to do a gimbal and IMU calibration.
this problem has been reported to DJI. the gave me the old, calibrate this and calibrate that, update this and update that and if all that doesn't work then send it back. I did all the updates and calibrations and it still does it. this problem has existed for over a year with the mavics and DJI has done nothing to fix the problem. I have read too many horror stories of people with problems sending their drones back to DJI and receiving a refurb unit with more issues than the one they sent in.

this problem has been reported to DJI. the gave me the old, calibrate this and calibrate that, update this and update that and if all that doesn't work then send it back. I did all the updates and calibrations and it still does it. this problem has existed for over a year with the mavics and DJI has done nothing to fix the problem. I have read too many horror stories of people with problems sending their drones back to DJI and receiving a refurb unit with more issues than the one they sent in.

In that case it does sound like a hardware issue. But don't forget that far more people post about bad experiences than good experiences with both the products and DJI's service. If this were a widespread problem then you would be seeing it discussed non-stop on this forum. I'd send it in for repair.

Last edited:
i had leg extensions and my mavic and it shot up to 400 feet twice by itself without any control input. I was told that the avoidance system that faces down was picking up my extensions and causing it to rise because it thought something was under the drone. I removed them and it never happened again.
These are the legs I have. Note how they're canted in two axis so they end up straight down

61CTTzD%2BvdL._SL1500_.jpg

In that case it does sound like a hardware issue. But don't forget that far more people post about bad experiences than good experiences with both the produces and DJI's service. If this were a widespread problem then you would be seeing it discussed non-stop on this forum. I'd send it in for repair.
that is true. i'll see what the cust service rep has to say. thanks

It is an issue of using exfat 64 GB SD cards. Reverting to 16GB or 32 GB card with FAT32 makes the problem go away completely.

DJI customer service people know little about the drones. Much less than some of us in this forum.

I've never had issues with my 64 GB cards ... or have I?

It is an issue of using exfat 64 GB SD cards. Reverting to 16GB or 32 GB card with FAT32 makes the problem go away completely.

DJI customer service people know little about the drones. Much less than some of us in this forum.

Can you elaborate on that, or cite a reference? My primary card is ExFAT 64 GB, and I've not had any problems with it.

Can you elaborate on that, or cite a reference? My primary card is ExFAT 64 GB, and I've not had any problems with it.

Maybe I should have phrased it like this: Not all exfat 64GB cards have issues with gimble reset, and even for those with inflight reset, it cannot be reproduced every time (as @CZ-SP01 claims, it only happened to him every 3 or 4 flights).

But when it does happen, its with expat 64GB microSD card (such as Samsung 64GB EVO plus), at either initialisation or conclusion of writing a 4GB mov file on the card. For 4K @30fps, it could occur at 9:06 (but not every time). If you use 64GB card for short flights or with lower resolutions such as 2.7K or 1080p, its likely you may never encounter this problem.

Attachments

• WechatIMG39.jpeg
    WechatIMG39.jpeg
    96.9 KB · Views: 14
Hmm... Can you provide more info?
64GB microSD cards are specifically listed as compatible with the Mavic Pro (as long as the card speed is rated fast enough for 4K video). Even if it wasn't fast enough, I can't imagine video capture problems could cause the Mavic to go Kamikaze!!! ...That would be akin to suicide! :) OK, bad one-liner.

Maybe I should have phrased it like this: Not all exfat 64GB cards have issues with gimble reset, and even for those with inflight reset, it cannot be reproduced every time (as @CZ-SP01 claims, it only happened to him every 3 or 4 flights).

But when it does happen, its with expat 64GB microSD card (such as Samsung 64GB EVO plus), at either initialisation or conclusion of writing a 4GB mov file on the card. For 4K @30fps, it could occur at 9:06 (but not every time). If you use 64GB card for short flights or with lower resolutions such as 2.7K or 1080p, its likely you may never encounter this problem.
Samsung EVO speed is not rated fast enough for Mavic's 4K video.

Samsung EVO speed is not rated fast enough for Mavic's 4K video.
The Samsung EVO's I have are all rated U3 and have no problems with 4K video on either teh Mavic nor the P4P at a higher bit rate.
You sure you didn't get hold of a counterfeit card?

The Samsung EVO's I have are all rated U3 and have no problems with 4K video on either teh Mavic nor the P4P at a higher bit rate.
You sure you didn't get hold of a counterfeit card?

This particular Samsung EVO 64GB card was purchased for my Phantom 4 Pro. There was NEVER a problem using it to record 4K@ 60fps on P4P. Only when its used on MP, gimble reset, sometimes accompanied by DJI GO4 crash, takes place.

Inflight gimble reset is a well-cited issue with Mavic Pro, BTW.

for real???????. you are kidding. the is the first I heard of this solution. I shall try. hell, I've tried everything else. LOL. thanks

can you post a pic of the card you have or list the brand and particulars of what you have. thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volpe