DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic did the kamikaze again.

?? It shows a geo track...
Dang I'm running out of data files.
What is it you're calling motor start so I can look for it?

If you open the file with DatCon you will see a set of parameters on the left:

screenshot63.png

Notice that "Motor Start" is greyed out, which means that the motors never started. And if you extract the field data and/or log, you will see that to be the case.

Reactions: Partizans
Ah - I was using CsvView
I'll try that one - certainly looks friendlier

So this is fun. :eek:
Started Litchi after reinstalling - would not activate recording or allow change to camera. Gimbal works.
Shut down Litchi and started DJI GO 4 - camera and recording works.
Shut DJI down, restarted iPad, restarted Litchi - camera doesn't work.
Shut down Litchi, bring up DJI and of course camera works.
This time I simply move DJI into the background and launch Litchi - camera now works.
Ran the mission twice and it ran great with the exception of the two issues that I'm trying to figure what causes it (gimbal nodding its head at waypoints, not resuming speed even after signal regained).
So It's getting dim and I decide to play. I had joked with my wife about using the MP for a leaf blower. So I fired it up, got it up about 2 feet and ran it slowly down the driveway clearing leaves. I actually went into garage and backed it out and got about 12 feet into driveway and moved it into yard.
It then did the exact - I mean the exact dang thing it did when it crashed at the bridge over a month ago.
It started rising slowly and when I went to bring it down it zoomed straight up, hit some branches and crashed. Broke the right rear arm where it attaches to the motor.
Thank goodness it did not take out the gimbal again - although I had to reseat the gimbal stabilizer board.
I went to look at the airdata and - dang. Remembered that I had not re-entered the airdata token when I reinstalled Litchi. So once again no flight data. iTunes of course removed the functionality to download files so I can't get at the flight data. Frustrating when technologies conspire.
I had hoped since DJI was still running in the background but no way to tell.
So - I was not even 2 feet away when this happened - under the edge of a tree but mostly in the driveway where I get 12-16 satellites usually. Signal loss is not an option.
Ordered a replacement arm with motor for $35 - I count my blessings.
Any clues why it just went batpoop crazy on me again?
do you have leg extensions on your mavic?

?? It shows a geo track...
Dang I'm running out of data files.
What is it you're calling motor start so I can look for it?
I was curious how you could have a geo track without a motorStart. Looks to me like it was powered up indoors and managed to get a GPS fix and the geo track shows it being moved from one part of the house to another where it lost the GPS fix.
upload_2017-12-24_5-28-41.png

Reactions: sar104
I was curious how you could have a geo track without a motorStart. Looks to me like it was powered up indoors and managed to get a GPS fix and the geo track shows it being moved from one part of the house to another where it lost the GPS fix.
View attachment 27291
Hmmm - I'm trying to remember sequence of events. After the crash the battery had popped out. I went inside and put the battery in the charger and then I inserted a new battery so I could check the gimbal. On the track that would be the rightmost point. I seem to remember powering it down after that and later decided to take it to the study and try to get the data files off - that would be the leftmost point.
I thought this was the last track outside because it kinda looks like the path I took. Now I think about it that path would have started at the end of the driveway and headed to the garage, slightly inside teh garage and to the right then back out and more right into the yard. At that point it went bonkers and started to rise. When I hit the downstick it actually flew left and out at an upward angle until it hit the tree branch about 1/3 back into the driveway. More of an ampersand & sort of shape.
I wonder if the data files are missing since my sequence goes:
063, 075, 085, 092, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110.

102 and lower are all from previous days. I assume the file gets created regardless of connection to controller or whether DJI app or Litchi?

Hmmm - I'm trying to remember sequence of events. After the crash the battery had popped out. I went inside and put the battery in the charger and then I inserted a new battery so I could check the gimbal. On the track that would be the rightmost point. I seem to remember powering it down after that and later decided to take it to the study and try to get the data files off - that would be the leftmost point.
I thought this was the last track outside because it kinda looks like the path I took. Now I think about it that path would have started at the end of the driveway and headed to the garage, slightly inside teh garage and to the right then back out and more right into the yard. At that point it went bonkers and started to rise. When I hit the downstick it actually flew left and out at an upward angle until it hit the tree branch about 1/3 back into the driveway. More of an ampersand & sort of shape.
I wonder if the data files are missing since my sequence goes:
063, 075, 085, 092, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 110.

102 and lower are all from previous days. I assume the file gets created regardless of connection to controller or whether DJI app or Litchi?
I'm not quite following your sequence. Maybe if I was there.:). But, the easiest thing is to use CsvView to search for the .DAT you want. After loading the .DAT look at the right side
upload_2017-12-24_8-12-0.png
If there were enough sats there will be a dateTime entry. It's GMT so you'll have to convert to Texas time.
Then, check the GeoPlayer, which you've already done. You should be able to find the correct .DAT - if it exists.

The fact that you're missing FLY103 is a bit troubling. Just yesterday my flying buddy lost his P3 and it hit the ground producing a debris field 10 feet wide. We had to cut the remains open to get the SD card out. The .DAT showed 0 length until I repaired the file. What I'm getting at is that when your battery came loose maybe that .DAT file ended up in the same state; i.e. length 0. It could also just be DJI Assistant 2 being difficult which seems to be happening a lot lately.

Sorry - I was just trying to map out how that GPS track could have come into being as I normally don't walk from from side of the house to the other with the bird energized.
The DAT files also did not exist for one of the two manual flights I made to sort the camera settings out and neither of the two Litchi missions. In fact I was using Litchi FPV to fly when it crashed. I just checked and none of the Litchi missions were uploaded to Airdata UAV either.
Very odd. As I mentioned I was trying to get the camera to work with Litchi. It wouldn't start recording nor would it allow switching from camera to video.
I discovered that if I left DJI running in the background - a notion discouraged by many - the camera worked and the mission was flown. Apparently the data was not saved or uploaded either.
Very odd happenings. I have the Mavic apart right now waiting for my leg to come in today. You think I can recover from that "hidden" sd card?
Where is that thing anyway....

Sorry - I was just trying to map out how that GPS track could have come into being as I normally don't walk from from side of the house to the other with the bird energized.
The DAT files also did not exist for one of the two manual flights I made to sort the camera settings out and neither of the two Litchi missions. In fact I was using Litchi FPV to fly when it crashed. I just checked and none of the Litchi missions were uploaded to Airdata UAV either.
Very odd. As I mentioned I was trying to get the camera to work with Litchi. It wouldn't start recording nor would it allow switching from camera to video.
I discovered that if I left DJI running in the background - a notion discouraged by many - the camera worked and the mission was flown. Apparently the data was not saved or uploaded either.
Very odd happenings. I have the Mavic apart right now waiting for my leg to come in today. You think I can recover from that "hidden" sd card?

The GPS track recorded indoors could just be due to GPS signal path variations caused by the structure as the relative position of the satellites changed. GPS indoors is not very reliable, and you can expect positional drift.

That'd have to be it - but still puzzled why all the data while flying Litchi (and DJI in background) is MIA.

..... You think I can recover from that "hidden" sd card?
Dunno. On the P3 it's under the main board and is attached to the flight controller box. It's not designed to come out like SD cards normally come out. I.e., you can't push it in to make it release and come out. We had to cut the metal bracket that holds it in place.

Dunno. On the P3 it's under the main board and is attached to the flight controller box. It's not designed to come out like SD cards normally come out. I.e., you can't push it in to make it release and come out. We had to cut the metal bracket that holds it in place.
Yeah - found it. Not an option.
Got the arm in, Spliced the wires rather than fiddle with the board. Took me a bit of work to get that arm out - the silt from prior crash had wicked into the crevasses and acted like mortar.
Test flight ok. Thumbswayup I'm gonna try for the data files again later this afternoon to see if I just missed them for some odd reason.

Reactions: sar104
Yeah - why?
i had leg extensions and my mavic and it shot up to 400 feet twice by itself without any control input. I was told that the avoidance system that faces down was picking up my extensions and causing it to rise because it thought something was under the drone. I removed them and it never happened again.

i had leg extensions and my mavic and it shot up to 400 feet twice by itself without any control input. I was told that the avoidance system that faces down was picking up my extensions and causing it to rise because it thought something was under the drone. I removed them and it never happened again.

Interesting - in that event does the VPS altitude report spurious low altitude data? I think I recall some previous cases where misleading VPS data caused sudden climb in certain modes.

Hmmm - the ones I have angle outward giving it a bowlegged stance. This is a necessary design feature to have them end up vertical.
I have flown mine in all sorts of conditions so it seems odd that it would see them when literally crawling along with little if any tilt.

I have heard of this happening on another thread somewhere.

Interesting - in that event does the VPS altitude report spurious low altitude data? I think I recall some previous cases where misleading VPS data caused sudden climb in certain modes.
that I don't know sar 104. i'm still learning with this bird. only problem I have now is the gimbal has a 20 second seizure every 3-4 flights.

I have heard of this happening on another thread somewhere.
it was on another thread. I think they are extension that will work. my rear extensions I think were too close to the bottom VPS. now I have seen rear extensions that attach to the rear wings where the motors are attached that I think would work. they are nice to have but when your bird all of a sudden flies straight up to 400 ft, its frightening. now the only issue I have now is the gimbal has a seizure every 3-4th flight for about 20 seconds. the bird appears to be falling out of the sky.

Reactions: Prado man
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ADK Dragonfly