DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic distance is a joke!

When you say that you have the antennas up what do you mean?

Like this?
2c36cfcbc90b09249d69064bdf992d09.jpg

Or like this?
54e8f4f5fb1bde52246e37233b1b259c.jpg

The flat side of the antennas should always be facing the AC, and you should adjust its positions to make sure of that

i.e. If the AC is directly over your head the first picture is the right position

Any other than that they should always be like the picture 2

Hope this helps

8ccb26850459d4c70e5cc46ddc77f499.jpg
Thanks mate I appreciate you taking the time to help. Yes I always fly with the antennas in the second image. But I do know lots of newbies make this mistake. I've been flying these aircraft for a good few years now. I think this issue must be solely down to my location

Seriously?!! I've done a range test today in two completely different directions and my maximum distance before rc loses complete signal is 0.6 miles! That's just pathetic!
I'm in the UK so obviously CE mode, but 0.6 miles is a joke!!
It has everything to do with your environment. Clear line of sight is also key. That's not to say you actually have to see it, but buildings and trees definitely kill signal strength. I've often had similar range issues and have been frustrated. I've also been out over 2 miles and running strong when I had good vantage and line of sight.

Thanks mate I appreciate you taking the time to help. Yes I always fly with the antennas in the second image. But I do know lots of newbies make this mistake. I've been flying these aircraft for a good few years now. I think this issue must be solely down to my location

If I'm not mistaken, image 2 is wrong. Image 3 is correct!

The correct antennae orientation is dependent on where the aircraft is in relation to the controller and how it's being held. Image 2 would be correct if flying directly over yourself.

Reactions: Ping^Spike
The correct antennae orientation is dependent on where the aircraft is in relation to the controller and how it's being held. Image 2 would be correct if flying directly over yourself.

So ,guys, can you decide what image is the correct position if the Mavic is directly over our head ??

Kiteboy, who posted those pictures seems to says the contrary of what you just wrote...he said in such case image 2 is the wrong position !!

Reactions: limbows
You always want the flat part of the antennas pointing directly towards the drone.

Reactions: KONY
Yours is broken. I'm a strong believer in buying a product suitable for your skills. Here's my recommendation.
We call those troll posts where I come from.
Can't you be *nice*?

Reactions: mavic6611
I keep my antenna at 45deg always as the manual says. I also live in a densely populated area of London and the furthest I dare to go was 1.6 miles without issue. check you are up-to date as I also experienced the short distance bug but then I found GO4 needed updating and it was a hell of a lot better.

Reactions: mavic6611
Well I live right in the middle of nothing but trees all around and I can get 6 miles out with mine. Granted I'm boosted but still before when it was stock I was getting 3 miles easy.
Are you able to say what boost set up antenna and battery) you have on this forum?

I had the same problem. Then tried other areas, didn't fly over infrastructure, houses, buildings, etc, nor did I alter the direction much. Flew directly straight. Make sure the antenna are also pointing in the correct direction. Go back and read the manual. If you're still having issues then there are boosters. I tried mine in various locations, on the beech covered one mile easy no problems. In a built up area covered 1/2 mile. Nano-sync boosters are good, try them. I have one on mine now. DJI Mavic compatible. Google it.

How does having your phone in "Airplane Mode" affect things on the Mavic?

If I am using wifi I put it in air plan mode. Rc mode should be fine. You can't see it here but I'm about 7,000 feet out and had to fly over a local power lines. I would call dji and explain that you are not getting the distance you want

7b25c1e755cea8c152e44559b2800ee4.jpg

If I am using wifi I put it in air plan mode. Rc mode should be fine. You can't see it here but I'm about 7,000 feet out and had to fly over a local power lines. I would call dji and explain that you are not getting the distance you want

7b25c1e755cea8c152e44559b2800ee4.jpg
Are you talking about the iphone setting "Airplane Mode"

No idea what your problem is aside from interference

Something wrong with your gear. I live in a very densely populated area and I get a good 2KM flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569