DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic distance is a joke!

I get over 4.5km so yours must be faulty or strong interference

any large sat dishes or phone towers near by ??

I've flown just over two miles in a wide open marsh. I only stopped because I made it to where I wanted to be. I've also flown over a mile from inside my car.

Check out YouTube for firmware and DJI Go app rollbacks to enable FCC mode. Your range is also affected by your environment.
Does. 400 work with the Dji goggles?

Good Day Mavic6611
The only sure way to know what conditions you are flying in, is to have a Spectrum Analyzer... These can be had for around $250 on Amazon for WiFi 2.5Ghz analyzer and little more for 5Ghz & 2.5Ghz model...

I have not invested in one yet, but is worth it when flying in Rural locations, where conditions change immensely...

For commercial operations, this is a must have accessory, for Reliable Flights!!!
This should have a Quick Shortcut Button to see what interference we are dealing with...

For Hobby/Recreational use, just find a different/better area to fly!

The Mavic will show a very basic Spectrum of interference that you are receiving, just have a 2nd person walk around your area of flight with the Mavic (Propellers Off, for safety) and you can get an idea of what signals that maybe interfering with your operation... This is under the RC Controller Menu Icon...

I hope to see more options for The Radio Controller-RC/Flight Controller-FC on the Commercial Side, to allow the Amateur Radio Operators HAM, such as myself, to get out of this Highly used, Congested/Band...

I see the mavic is not using the 5Ghz Band, which is less Congested...
Why did DJI do this, only the mavic and come up with proprietary OccuSync, and not utilize the 5Ghz Band???

Hope this helps...
Good Luck and hope to hear your results, from using the Mavic to what Signals are in your area...

P.S. If you get your HAM License you can run the higher power settings, Legally!

Dean N8DEA

Reactions: mavic6611
I am sure that I am only repeating what everyone else is saying- but it is all about the environment.

Living in North West London- i get about 350m distance before it sometimes cuts out and does a RTH. With a reasonable sized garden (for London standards) with trees and in a residential area-
Whilst i know this is terrible as this is about 5% of what the Mav says it can do- on holidays in rural Spain or a beach in Thailand- I'm able to go whatever distance I feel conformable doing - 4-5k, then i ***** out.

There has to be a direct line of site to get best results. Over water I have gone out 15k feet.

What type of environment were you flying in? That can make all the difference in the world.

Ha ha
I going to ruin your day with my story, I'm on flight number 25 and have average flight time of 23 minutes with max distance of 5km with 18 percent battery left. Max speed 95.3 kph

Reactions: Pvitale
Ha ha
I going to ruin your day with my story, I'm on flight number 25 and have average flight time of 23 minutes with max distance of 5km with 18 percent battery left. Max speed 95.3 kph
What part of the world are you in

Ha ha

Same with me and I’m in New York USA. Distance is amazing when you have direct line of site.

Its the power

To make it easy think of it as a hifi,
40w standard hifi
100w loud hifi
500w a pub sound system
10,000w small festival

the more power the louder it gets and the further the sound travels

The more power the signal has the further it will travel

What exactly is 0.09/0.4? I don't understand?

Reactions: mavic6611
Weird, I've had mine at 500m (1600ft) and different have an issue with connectivity to Control, Phone or Goggles.
Also done a couple of KM is distance away from me, not realising something was so far away.. haven't been anywhere close to the 7km max range though but haven't tried.

Could potentially be interference?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas