DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC FOUND AFTER 30 days!!!!!

JohnnyD913

Reactions
Well after a long month and selling 4 batteries,
2 dji 4 station charger, 2 car chargers, my Mavic was found on a mans roof.
My question is this:
Should I even try and start Mavic even if
I have charged battery?
I’m afraid since it set there during 2 massive
Rains it’s ruined.
I have no way to tell until I get charger back.
Any ideas from u pros?

If the battery does take a charge, make sure that the lights represent the correct charge level. Wet batteries might have blinking lights indicating the battery is not operating correctly.

If the battery is ok, look at the contacts on the drone where the battery connects and make sure they are not corroded. If they look ok, you can, at your own risk, try to turn on the drone. My guess is that it might power up, but it depends on if there is internal rain damage. If anything starts to smoke, or you smell anything burning, pull the battery asap.

If it does power up, check the gimbal when it starts to see if it calibrates on startup. If you get this far, check DJI Go for any error messages.

Thats for starters.

If the battery does take a charge, make sure that the lights represent the correct charge level. Wet batteries might have blinking lights indicating the battery is not operating correctly.

If the battery is ok, look at the contacts on the drone where the battery connects and make sure they are not corroded. If they look ok, you can, at your own risk, try to turn on the drone. My guess is that it might power up, but it depends on if there is internal rain damage. If anything starts to smoke, or you smell anything burning, pull the battery asap.

If it does power up, check the gimbal when it starts to see if it calibrates on startup. If you get this far, check DJI Go for any error messages.

Thats for starters.
Thunderdrones I thank you for expert advice. I have to wait for chargers and batteries.
I thought Mavic was a gonna so I began to sell off things like 4 batteries and all my chargers!!!
WOW, right......
I will watch battery very closely

Reactions: Former Member
Mine was sitting in an inaccessible area for over a week, through two snow storms and an ice storm. When I got it back, it was fine, and has been fine ever since.

I would suggest trying a new battery once the aircraft is dry. I lost a phantom 3 in a lake two summers ago and the battery was toast but once the drone was 100% dried out I put a new battery in it and it flew perfect and never had any more issues..[emoji1303]

Reactions: JohnnyD913
Make sure you have the props removed when powering it up for the first time after the "nature bath". At least it was fresh water, not saltwater.

If all powers up normally, zero flashing yellow light, and the gimbal seems to behave,
Go thru the calibration process of the gimbal and hopefully, it will complete the process.

Clean off all the sensors, and then power down, install the props, and go to a large field and see what happens.

Worse come to worse, it might get a trip to Georgia (hi Thunder Drones, wink wink)

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdleffler