DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

MAVIC FPV OPTIONS

LHDUK

Reactions
4 months with my mavic and it it soooo good compared to my previous drones.
Tried Android but the software and interaction with the drone seemed to be sluggish so I have an Ipad mini.
This is great but I really need to go FPV ....there is the problem ...and ignoring the spotter and line of sight issue cos once you are more than 75m away you loose sound and sight...the best one can do is rely of the camera display on the Ipad....but then there is the reflection / sun / lack of screen clarity without some kind of hood so by the time I have relocated my eyes from the drone to the screen and back..hey...where exactly is the drone ?
Ipad has no socket for anything especially hdmi....so i am changing to a Shield K! to solve this....and also use Linchi software as this seems to be as robust as the apple go 4....the missing part is the FPV glasses / goggles.

DJI Goggles and other similar goggle types are somewhat large and boxy whereas glasses are neat and compact and provide a transparency view of camera and line of sight
If money was no object then possibly the Epson moverio BT 300 glasses or perhaps Aomway commander goggles. I,m assuming that both of these will enable me to simply duplicate the tablet screen image via hdmi and not require receiving signals directly from the drone.

Any advice or thoughts anyone please....welcome any best economical solutions...Thanks Leighton

DJI Goggles and other similar goggle types are somewhat large and boxy
The DJI Goggles are large, but they are a good option since they can be connected to the Mavic wirelessly.

If money was no object then possibly the Epson moverio BT 300 glasses or perhaps Aomway commander goggles. I,m assuming that both of these will enable me to simply duplicate the tablet screen image via hdmi and not require receiving signals directly from the drone
The Epson Moverio BT-300 glasses come with a dedicated Android device. That device takes the place of the tablet you'd normally use when flying your Mavic.

Last edited:
HI Anyone tried to use the Flysight spexman SP0X2 goggles to fly with via HDMI whilst using a Shield K1 on the controller. I did try the Movio BT300 glasses via Amazon but the hand controller was so fiddly via the viewing screen ( which was sooo good ) which failed to connect to the K1 either wirelessly or via cable and it also failed to install the Go4 app no matter what I tried...so sadly it went back to Amazon.
I have a Glyph headset which has a great viewing screen but the headset is a tad too bi....so my third option is now the SP0X currently awaiting delivery....I just need a good and simple method of flying with the K1 ( this screen cannot be veiwed in daylight ) so need a HDMI Goggle of Glasses...Any thoughts anyone ??

A easy way to try out flying FPV with the Mavic Pro is to use a app called "Mavic FPV"! I use it with VR Goggles and it is great! The Goggles cost 11.49,and the app is 4.99!;) The app gives you everything you need,and none of what you don't need! It has head tracking also,but I seldome use it!:) It also works well as a stand alone app with the RC.

Watched a YouTube video where a guy used litchi and a pair of vr goggles that your phone fits into. Wonder how well this works?
It works well,but the iPhone works better with it! There is also a newer app called Mavic FPV,and it is sweet! NO unpaved airport warnings,ect. Plus it dosen't think you are going to hit the sun,and slam on the brakes!:D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard