DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

Wow cool it helped someone's issue? That's awesome!

I am starting to travel with the gimbal lock in place. I shook mine a bit and could get the issue to happen without it. Even with the bubble on.

Awesome! That makes it all worth it! I'm glad I didn't send my very rare Mavic back to RMA.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I think there is an important distinction. There is a gimbal clamp or holder and then there is a protective plastic bubble cover. One can fly with the protective plastic bubble cover on and there are videos available where pilots have done just that.

Flying with the gimbal clamp or holder on would in fact limit the free travel of the gimbal as it could not rotate on its X or Y axis and produce an error within the DJI Go app that indicated the gimbal was restricted and the gimbal motors would heat up as they tried to move the gimbal in a normal fashion.

THANKS for posting this! The beginning of the thread about overhearing the gimbal motors by leaving the (what I thought was the plastic bubble) on while flying scared the poop out of me! I leave mine on any time I'm flying for "fun" and not filming.

I know it probably wouldn't be a good idea while still under warranty but after that would a couple of spots of silicone or maybe a threadlocker like Loctite Blue be helpful in preventing the gimbal from shifting??

following this post

Reactions: Mavic_Man504
IMG_3480.PNG IMG_3479.PNG Yesterday I read this thread and was then able to tell someone on the Facebook Mavic Pro group how to fix their gimbal problem. They had reached the point of thinking it will need to be returned for repair costing over 400 euro.
So thanks! This is very helpful stuff.
I would like to include a couple sketches I did to help anyone who's still confused.

The orange coloured parts are the clips that hold the Gimbal in place. There are 3. Two at the front and one behind the gimbal. All of these clips must be above/over the gimbal parts.

I hope this is helpful, it'll be nice if DJI release some nice diagrams to explain this issue more clearly.

one thing I found is flying with the bubble made the image jiggle and warp every time the drone made a movement. it was especially apparent when accelerating or braking. I was keeping it on until I was fairly confident on my ability to fly without crashing. Since I took it off my footage has been perfect.

I don't see them on Thingiverse either.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minicopters