DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic gimbal issue; you all need to read!

Thanks for the help. Sadly I don't see anything that could be obstructing it. The gimbal appears to be moving very freely although close to the metal restraint on the back. I would definitely agree that there is some vibration finding its way into the gimbal.

In any case I think this birds got to go back. DJI have been supportive thus far, just not sure about the turn around.

I had the exact same problem as you. Upon closer inspection, I just need to get the gimbal past the corners and the metal bracket in the back. All seems well now. :)

View attachment 790 View attachment 791 Yesterday I read this thread and was then able to tell someone on the Facebook Mavic Pro group how to fix their gimbal problem. They had reached the point of thinking it will need to be returned for repair costing over 400 euro.
So thanks! This is very helpful stuff.
I would like to include a couple sketches I did to help anyone who's still confused.

The orange coloured parts are the clips that hold the Gimbal in place. There are 3. Two at the front and one behind the gimbal. All of these clips must be above/over the gimbal parts.

I hope this is helpful, it'll be nice if DJI release some nice diagrams to explain this issue more clearly.

DJI have released an official tutorial specifically showing how to check your gimbal is correctly mounted. If you have Jello effect, check this out.

just to be advised... do not fly with the gimbal cover as it blocks the air flow through the vents behind the gimbal and could heat up the electronics inside.
See explanation in below video at about 5:50

Last edited:
Totally agree... I had been wondering about that as well. Even sitting on a desk, the mavic heats up quite a bit and a fan starts up very agressively.

just to be advised... do not fly with the gimbal cover as it blocks the air flow through the vents behind the gimbal and could heat up the electronics inside.
See explanation in below video at about 5:50

The airflow on the heatsink generated from flying should be sufficient to compensate when in flight.

THANKS for posting this! The beginning of the thread about overhearing the gimbal motors by leaving the (what I thought was the plastic bubble) on while flying scared the poop out of me! I leave mine on any time I'm flying for "fun" and not filming.
One video says that the bubble will impede the flow of air that goes through the grill behind the gimbal and out the back which means you may be overheating the electronics ... more likely when it's hot, less likely when it's cold.

Thanks for posting this. Very useful!
Has anyone else seen the video that Rick at Drone Valley posted, where he explained that flying with the Bubble cover on is actually a bad idea? With the bubble on, yes, there is protection from bumps etc., but you also will completely block all airflow through the front inlet. There are a couple of computer boards with all the electronics, and they create HEAT when the Mavic is on. Airflow is required to keep all the components that are inside from overheating. Flying once with the bubble on probably won't have any long-lasting effects, but continued use with the bubble attached will very likely shorten the life of your Mavic.

One video says that the bubble will impede the flow of air that goes through the grill behind the gimbal and out the back which means you may be overheating the electronics ... more likely when it's hot, less likely when it's cold.

Guys this is off topic.... but the Gimbal cover has vented slits in it right?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Mavman
Just prove my point !
b54d85bdcd6c5dc6b78b922046fc1ab8.jpg
a9d402a4ba8e7ae678a58abf34122135.jpg

I know you're right about everything... but your wrong on this one.
Sure -- mine has one slit on the side too. That's certainly not "vented slits" as you're asking above.

Was this placed there as a vent? Is it large enough to vent the camera? I don't know.

Sure -- mine has one slit on the side too. That's certainly not "vented slits" as you're asking above.

Was this placed there as a vent? Is it large enough to vent the camera? I don't know.

It's a pretty significant slit in the bubble. What other purpose could have?

The rubber cover has a piece that fits in it.

They advertise it flying with the dome on, racing through a canyon. Why are we even talking about this?

Reactions: Mavman

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada