DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic goes straight up with no control

5D85A4B9-64D7-4731-A2C7-8E78D8718F7F.jpeg
The same exact thing happened to me today. It did it once and I was in the open air it was scary because they were waving trees above but after about a minute it leveled out and came back down I restarted and it was OK. I was down hard on the sticks the whole time and I kept going.

The second time it happened today was at the same property and it pinned it self to the ceiling it wouldn’t come down. i’m very thankful that the overhead was a smooth wood instead of stucco. I tried to do the engine kill so it would fall so I could catch it and it would not turn off.

after about a minute it started to descend and I snatched it out of the air and even turning it upside down would not shut the props off it was a nightmare.

I have my license and have well over 1000 hours flying. And I’m very good at it but this but this has me perplexed.

I had an IMU message a few days ago and then it went away. So after searching I found a video that showed me how to re-calibrate everything so I am hoping that I do not have these issues again. I also updated the software tonight before my flight tomorrow. It was just very odd behavior I haven’t seen that before and I didn’t like it.

Maybe post the logs so we can see the analysis. Might answer your questions or even avoid a future problem.

Sounds like you lost RC control right after takeoff, causing a climb to RTH altitude then a landing?
If you lost control on take off it would just land and not climb to RTH hight

Maybe interference in your area ? High tension wires near by ? Does crazy stuff. I know it messes with my walki talkie a lot.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor