DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Horizon

JeffG

Reactions
Hi All,

By no means the first post on this subject, so sorry if it's old ground being re-typed.

I am on my second Mavic (1st one horrid gimbal shake so returned under 7 days) and to date the 2nd unit has been flawless, to be honest I've loved flying it. Took it out of it's rather expensive hard case yesterday evening and flew it just for fun, it was immediately apparent that the gimbal was taking it's time to re-centre itself after a turn, this is one the Mavic stops but the gimbal slowly turns to centre. I've never seen this before.

More worrying was after a 180 degree turn the horizon became offset by at least 10 -15 degrees with the Mavic taking it's time to straighten the gimbal out. This is also definitely a new thing. Just to be clear it offsets the horizon in both left and right turns so it's not just a case of resetting the gimbal offset value.

I've done nothing to the Mavic since it's last flight (i.e. no firmware changes) but have followed the basic troubleshooting by re-calibrations of IMU, compass and gimbal. I have also adjusted some of the advanced gimbal settings but none of these have made any difference. Even sat on a table you can see the gimbal creeping even with a small movement of the drone.

I am clueless to understand how it's developed this flaw, especially since it's last flight was absolutely normal. It's never been crashed and always carried in a hard case. All it has done it sit still for 6 weeks.

I know this is a "known" issue and my questions are:

1) Should I send it back to DJI for repair? (it's under 12 months at the moment)
2) Is there a known user fix for this?
3) Has anyone repaired this by rolling back the firmware?

Thanks all,

Jeff

Have you done the latest .1000 update? Think this problem was supposed to of been fixed. Apparently it is the camera resetting by fault

I have a similar issue with the gimbal. After the .1000 update, I notice the gimbal has a slight tilted horizon issue. Every time I go left or right (not yaw), the gimbal will tilt about 10-15 degree and when the drone stops, gimbal will slowly get back to normal. The gimbal is supposed to keep the frame straight with the horizon and it was doing a good job before the update.

I am thinking about rolling back to .0900.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ifish4bass