DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic kills wifi

Yes the Mavic tends to kill the home 2.4Ghz wifi which is why most firmware updates fail. The fix is easy, assuming you have a modern dual band router. Switch all your devices to use 5Ghz including your phone or tablet you use for updates, problem fixed!

I'm not sure that would even detect it as occusync has no SSID for it to identify.

I get it now and then, normally notice a massive decrease in throughput as the mavic saturates the 2.4ghz band.

Used to get it years ago with wireless headphones. They don't stick to any particular channel, no SSID or QOS and basically talk over the top of WiFi traffic.
Good point Callum.
I might do some tests!! My router is no more than 5 feet away from where I play with my Mavic.

Reactions: Callum
Interested to hear your results.
Hey bud, with the mavic and wifi analyser app right next to each other, I could see 'all' the 2.4 gig stuff around me. some with ssid, some not.]
Turned mavic on, expecting to see a big spike in the spectrum, and ......nothing!
Grabbed the RC, turned that on and same same!!
Also, the signal levels of the most prevelant source (my router) didnt budge.
My son, who is in the middle of the most important, end of the world, no dad, battle, cant dad, aww he got me.....dad...xbox game, didnt even flinch, so my Mavic seemingly doesn't interfere with our wifi.

ill have to check tomorrow but i fiddled with my drone for 2 batterys worth right beside my modem and router in living room and i dont think it knocked out any devices cause if it had my grand daughter woulda told me right away but if im in my bedroom it kills em every time

Hey bud, with the mavic and wifi analyser app right next to each other, I could see 'all' the 2.4 gig stuff around me. some with ssid, some not.]
Turned mavic on, expecting to see a big spike in the spectrum, and ......nothing!
Grabbed the RC, turned that on and same same!!
Also, the signal levels of the most prevelant source (my router) didnt budge.
My son, who is in the middle of the most important, end of the world, no dad, battle, cant dad, aww he got me.....dad...xbox game, didnt even flinch, so my Mavic seemingly doesn't interfere with our wifi.
Cheers for that.

I'll try mine tomorrow see what happens. Ill try moving a large file over 2.4ghz WiFi and see what kind of drop in throughput I get when mavic is streaming video feed.

Could maybe be related to the router I'm using or that I'm in Europe and our routers have lower tx power than everywhere else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acott