DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

mavic kills wifi

wytnyt

Reactions
it wasn't till the 3rd time my grand daughter came to me and told me the wifi on her computer,her tablet,her echo show all quit working that i realized that when the mavic is on all my wifi devices gets knocked offline
anyone else have this issue?

I’ve never had a problem with other devices when I’ve had the Mavic powered on in the house for updates and such. It uses Wi-Fi, but like other Wi-Fi devices it should seek out a clear channel.

i agree ive never seen this before but 3 times is hard to dispute,its every wifi device in the house,hard wired devices are not involved.

You know I had an issue with this to, but I had wrote it off as the provider maybe having an issue, didn’t even think about this.

Wow, now that is interesting. Tomorrow when I do some MP checks (at home), I'll check via the sniffer. (I've no reports of issues from anyone, including Wifey. And she is usually my best alert system...) :)

Reactions: FuzLogix
You know I had an issue with this to, but I had wrote it off as the provider maybe having an issue, didn’t even think about this.
i did also until the 3rd time

Wow, now that is interesting. Tomorrow when I do some MP checks (at home), I'll check via the sniffer. (I've no reports of issues from anyone, including Wifey. And she is usually my best alert system...) :)
i turn my gdaughters wifi off ,this tells her its time to go to bed,saves me from going upstairs to tell her

Reactions: javelina
The RC uses 2.4 GHz band and can overwhelm a 2.4GHz WiFi, it'll take down Bluetooth devices, and probably is doing something funky to the inside of my head. The RC and drone can talk to each other miles away so a wimpy little 25-yard radius home WiFi is nothing. The same effect is seen on the flip side when the drone is way far away from the RC and the WiFi on the connected phone or tablet can overwhelm the drone's distant signal.

Download wifi analyser app for android and see what happens when you turn the AC or RC on?

Download wifi analyser app for android and see what happens when you turn the AC or RC on?
wifi is ok with rc and phone,turn mavic on and wifi goes.

it wasn't till the 3rd time my grand daughter came to me and told me the wifi on her computer,her tablet,her echo show all quit working that i realized that when the mavic is on all my wifi devices gets knocked offline
anyone else have this issue?

Yes that happens all the time to me. Whenever I turn my Mavic on to download pictures my phone & tablet WiFi drops. I thought it was just me, I thought something was wrong with Verizon.

another reason I gotta be careful around my neighborhood. the neighbors will think my MP is conducting some sort of ECM with their WiFi's... ;)

another reason I gotta be careful around my neighborhood. the neighbors will think my MP is conducting some sort of ECM with their WiFi's... ;)
hmm:rolleyes:,wonder what the range of the wifi killer is?

Reactions: javelina
After I had my Mavic, my home wifi suddenly disappear.
Maybe Mavic has something to do with it.
Hope DJI investigates

The same thing with my Inspire1. When I power up the RC and craft inside the house, my neighbours are out of wifi, even though our house is 50 feet from theirs. I guess with MP it's the same.

I became very aware of the risk of wireless interference that could cause the craft to listen to rogue signals when flying far from the RC or in areas with wireless hotspots.

I'm not sure that would even detect it as occusync has no SSID for it to identify.

I get it now and then, normally notice a massive decrease in throughput as the mavic saturates the 2.4ghz band.

Used to get it years ago with wireless headphones. They don't stick to any particular channel, no SSID or QOS and basically talk over the top of WiFi traffic.

Yes, In my case my wireless router is in the same room where I do the updates. No all, but most wireless devices in my house are temporarily kicked off. Not a problem, but interesting to note.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gplunk99