DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Lens Hoods V2

Looks like it would function well as a shade, but would cause some adverse aerodynamic issues.

Interested in speed / handling reduction characteristics also.

Reactions: Gp™
Looks like it would function well as a shade, but would cause some adverse aerodynamic issues.

Interested in speed / handling reduction characteristics also.

I provided them with a sure cure for the very issues you mentioned. Waiting for a response now.

I bought the original design from you, and it kept my Mavic Pro camera and gimbal from being destroyed when the Mavic became lodged 90' up in a tree. It also protected the camera and gimbal on the trip down from the tree while being extracted by a climbing arborist. I have experienced it getting in the way of video, and continue to modify it with my Dremel tool. I would be really interested in testing the new design.

Ah you beat me to it, I'm also working on a similar design but it's not finalized yet, good luck with this though, I feel there will be many more options in the future!

You should definitely do some tests with the mavic in a fixed position, swapping out different lens hoods. Maybe in a field where you can have the mavic set on a chair or stool. That way you don't have the variability of flight as a factor. Need to show the differences in real world application.

Oddly enough, I feel strangely aroused by it. Is that normal?

Judging by the dimensions it's not Virgin Airlines approved :p:D:D

That's a very interesting take on the hood idea! I, too, am interested to hear it's impact on aerodynamics, cooling, etc. I have a cheap, normal sun shade and don't use it due to obstruction in video. I still want to have something to provide some extra protection for the gimbal in the case of a crash.

When the Mavic was first introduced, I thought the gimbal dome was such a great idea, never considering its effect on image quality. After one flight it stayed off except when storing the drone.

I'd be very interested in getting one of these. I'd even be happy to test the idea, too! Great idea!

I have three others that I've tried, this looks like I'll be investing in a fourth!
I had problems with the previous designs, showing up in certain situations while flying.

Don't need these here in the UK, we have clouds that to take care of sun flare;)

LOL, you should then pay a monthly fee for the United National Weather Control (just made it up) for the service.;)

I would also be interested in testing/purchasing one. Thanks

Would also be interested in testing and purchasing (assuming it snaps onto the MP securely). Considering reflectivity versus absorption, agree that black would be a better idea...

Good luck!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan