DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lost connection and disapperared

kave

Reactions
I had been flying for 9 minutes when I lost connection to the Mavic. It was 84 meters from me. The Mavic just rushed down and forward with max speed, not to the home point but to another location in to a tree crashing below it. Rth height was set to 100m.
I have searched for it but cant find it.
This was not a pilot error as far as I can say.

Use the "find my magic" from the app, it will give you its last know location.
then you need to share your flight logs

I had been flying for 9 minutes when I lost connection to the Mavic. It was 84 meters from me. The Mavic just rushed down and forward with max speed, not to the home point but to another location in to a tree crashing below it. Rth height was set to 100m.
I have searched for it but cant find it.
This was not a pilot error as far as I can say.

Some of us here can help you in several ways, but we need the TXT file mentioned below.

Mavic Pro TXT file Retrieval (android instructions)

1)Connect PC to device used to host DJI GO4 app
2)Power up device - enter USB control area - Select "USB for file transfer"
3)Select following directories - Internal Storage/DJI/dji.go.v4/FlightRecord
4)Search for desired .txt file similar to - DJIFlightRecord_2017-03-05_[14-41-37].txt
5)Save .txt file to directory on PC in Your favorite location
6)Create New folder and place the .txt in folder.
7)Zip folder and upload in this thread by selecting "Upload a File" button
8)Relax..We are here to help!

Reactions: Rehab1
Kave, These guys are good! They helped me find mine and determine the problem. Do the file upload now.

kave, if you're using an Apple device, you'll need to use iTunes to retrieve the TXT flight log. You can find instructions and upload/view the flight data here. Please post a link back here if you need help locating your Mavic.

Thank you all for your kind help. I am away without computer now but will do get the logs tomorrow when I have access to my computer. I have looked at "find my drone" but that location is from where it lost contact and apx 165m from where I saw it crash. The Mavic was on my left side while loosing connection. It then started decending and going to the right passing by me and the "home location" at full speed. I have never seen it decend that fast before.
The sun might have been fooling the sensors in the front?

If you had a clear view of it crashing and a few minutes later it showed it being 165M from that location it sound like someone picked it up and took it. Did you clearly see where it hit the ground?

Rob

Reactions: westonmavicpilot
If you had a clear view of it crashing and a few minutes later it showed it being 165M from that location it sound like someone picked it up and took it. Did you clearly see where it hit the ground?

Rob
I think what he meant was that, based on seeing roughly where the Mavic went down, he believes it ended up about 165m away from the last point shown by Find My Drone.

The Mavic was on my left side while loosing connection. It then started decending and going to the right passing by me and the "home location" at full speed. I have never seen it decend that fast before.
If it was descending quicker than you've ever seen, it was most likely dropping out of the sky. Perhaps the battery became dislodged. The last location in your flight log shows the Mavic was at 57.6442, 12.8467. If that's accurate and it did drop straight down out of the sky, it should be around the yellow pin in the image below.

Location.jpg

Thank You all again.

I saw the Mavic go fast past me an crash into a tree at the point by a cross below:
I would say from point of lost contact on the map and where it crashed 160 meters away, ie 524feet.
I have been walking trough the area but it is a forrest and the Mavic has the optimum colour to not be found.
i-hhpqncn.jpg

This is the view from the RTH position where I was standing looking to the crash site:
i-rS7rRVd-X3.jpg

At the moment I am between never getting another drone and immediately buying a new one again.

Thanks for all the help again.

If I understand the logs the Mavic was going upwards standing still while loosing contact. Can it have been the sun fooling the front sensor ? I am quite sure the sun was in front of it.

Last edited:
Thank You all again.

I saw the Mavic go fast past me an crash into a tree at the point by a cross below:
I would say from point of lost contact on the map and where it crashed 160 meters away, ie 524feet.
I have been walking trough the area but it is a forrest and the Mavic has the optimum colour to not be found.
i-hhpqncn.jpg

Based on AirData's estimated wind calculations for your flight, that's roughly the direction it would have fallen if it had been free-falling. From what you witnessed, is it possible the Mavic was not "descending," but actually free-falling after a complete power shutdown?

What the data displays to me is the user holding the R/C stick UP from 53.8ft to 1229ft. The 1229ft was the last recorded altitude when the data stopped from the lost connection. This means the stick was actually held up. It was at 72% remaining battery at that point as well.

RTH was never activated at any point prior to 1229ft. The AirCraft was still climbing upward at around 9mph when data stopped recording due to lost connection. The last report says "Weak signal. Adjust antenna and avoid signal block."

I'm curious why there was no mention of flying up above 1229ft?

Cesarr04 please create a separate thread and attach your logs from the RC.

Rob

kave, I just saw your post in another thread referring to your Mavic dropping by itself. Does that mean you now believe it may have dropped, and didn't descend under its own power?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000