DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lost connection and disapperared

Yes, I believe it just lost all power and dropped down, although travelling vertically as well. 450m down and 160m vertical into a tree. I have never been able to drop elevation that fast.

Yes, I believe it just lost all power and dropped down, although travelling vertically as well. 450m down and 160m vertical into a tree. I have never been able to drop elevation that fast.

It's going to take the .DAT flight log file to find any error. I've been through the .TXT file and there is nothing.

That's what it seemed like to me, too. I think there were some pretty decent winds, especially up at that altitude. The wind was generally coming from the North, which matches up with what you said about the Mavic traveling past you in a Southerly direction.

Ive lost the Mavic out in the desert s few months ago and it crashed into a tree and I couldn't see it. I still had connection so I revved the props and I heard the noise so I could find it in the bushes. Otherwise I would never have found it. I figure the worst that could happen was I would damage something but thats better than losing it completely. Make sense if you close by but its hiding somewhere?

Thank You all again.

I saw the Mavic go fast past me an crash into a tree at the point by a cross below:
I would say from point of lost contact on the map and where it crashed 160 meters away, ie 524feet.
I have been walking trough the area but it is a forrest and the Mavic has the optimum colour to not be found.
i-hhpqncn.jpg

This is the view from the RTH position where I was standing looking to the crash site:
i-rS7rRVd-X3.jpg

At the moment I am between never getting another drone and immediately buying a new one again.

Thanks for all the help again.

It's going to take the .DAT flight log file to find any error. I've been through the .TXT file and there is nothing.

I need to add that I do know the mavic was lost. I was just wanted say our hands are tied on this one as far as why it came down. Btw, I do have a hard time agreeing with it actually dropping from the sky.

So, after two weeks I got DJI's answer. They cant find anything strange with Pilots input or homepoint, rth elevation etc so I will get a 30% reduction on a Mavic only, which makes it 630€.
I think my Mavic adventure ends here so I will most likely try to sell my three batteries, remote, car charger and extra propellers etc etc.

Reactions: Brunovic
So, after two weeks I got DJI's answer. They cant find anything strange with Pilots input or homepoint, rth elevation etc so I will get a 30% reduction on a Mavic only, which makes it 630€.
I think my Mavic adventure ends here so I will most likely try to sell my three batteries, remote, car charger and extra propellers etc etc.

:(

After much consideration I have decided to accept DJIs offer so now I just have to wait for the new one to arrive.

Reactions: Vilco
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne