DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic lost connection or crash issues?

I went to an open field and re-did the compass calibration. Had to repeat 3 times before it was successful. Flew yesterday for 20mins at an open area and it was behaving all right. No error message. Phew, I'm guessing my previous calibration might be bad because I did it at a carpark. The railings and lamposts nearby might have throw the compass off.
Normally you don't have to do that every flight..

But I do look at the compass settings now and then and if I see some of its detection amiss, I'll do the calibration just in case..
either that or when the DJI go 4 app tells you to do one..

Same issue here... I'm still a novice and was training in a large city park bounded by tree on two sides. I was finishing the last flight and tried a trucking move at about 15-20 ft. Then I lost connection and also my visual of the mp. After checking the log of the lsat flight and looking for about an hour I found it crashed at the base of trees 180 from my last flying position. If it hadn't been for the trees who know where it would have landed. Repairs were 190. and I'm not convinced this was operator error.

I was using the Mavic to spy on my exgirlfriends kinky sexual exploits with her current boyfriend on their penthouse balcony and a pair of panties was thrown into the rear propellers. Needless to say the Mavic took a high dive into the bushes down below. Gimble was toast, will DJI fix this unit if I send it back? Will they require the panties ? I sort of wanted to hang on to those for sentimental reasons....

Wow that is awful. So sorry to hear that. How is DJI ok with allowing this to go on? I never had any issues like this with my Phantom 3.
Allowing what to go on?

There are myriad conditions that can result in the aircraft's sensors becoming inoperative or giving grossly erroneous information. Under these circumstances, expecting the drone to find it's way home is fantasy.

With what we know about this unfortunate incident, it certainly could be just such a situation.

Also could be a 12-gauge.

I was flying my mavic over wheat fields today was headed back to the home point I was 1200ft from home with clear line of sight the , mavic was in sports mode height 32ft when all of a sudden lost connection, no video, or Rc connection, this has never happen to me before ,a few times I have lost video but can still see map and drone would return to home , but on this occasion. I had no connection at all. Trying not to panic ,hit return to home and waited and waited 10 -15 mins , I could see last position on map but did not want to leave home position in Incase he came back , eventually I decided to try to find the mavic from the last position on map, bearing in mind this was in the middle of a Wheat Field I was really starting to panic at this stage I tried to be starting the app to try to get a connection I was on my mountain bike so abandon the bike in the field and made my way through the field for the last known position. But it was not there it seemed like an impossible task in this huge Field where you could only see a couple of feet of ground that time I was convinced I would never see the mavic again .
I then decided to restart the controller it said it was connecting although I had no video feed still
A new position come up and look on the map, I walked about hunndred foot to this new position and exactly on the spot marked on the map was one Mavic I just couldn't believe it .
It had clearly had a hard landing one of the front lights was damaged bent to props on one side had clearly hit the ground and needed replacement , The gimbal is now damaged and will not calibrate I'll get the message remove gimble clamp, drone flys ok , i've looked at the flight record and as far as I can tell there was no reason why it should of come down or if it lost signal not returned to home I don't know if anyone can you advise me if I can get more out of the flight data , it was a shame I was not Recording I would've liked to have seen the video .
Now going to have to send it back for repair but I'm just worried why it came down .

Mine just dropped from the sky and lost connection to the remote. Can't find it, stuck in a high tree. My Mavic saga is over since I would never trust a new one again.

Mine just dropped from the sky and lost connection to the remote. Can't find it, stuck in a high tree. My Mavic saga is over since I would never trust a new one again.

Did you you see it come down , any video?

Same problem. Happen to me today as well. Pre flight check ok. Compas calibrated and RTH point set. Strong interface warning 540m for home. Lost connection, Did not RTH. Found it 200m from last GPS track. Droped from 200m+ altitude and crash.19073366_10155168263030664_1587601449_o.jpg

Same problem. Happen to me today as well. Pre flight check ok. Compas calibrated and RTH point set. Strong interface warning 540m for home. Lost connection, Did not RTH. Found it 200m from last GPS track. Droped from 200m+ altitude and crash.View attachment 14710

I'm impressed that you found it, those look like some pretty serious woods.....

I have just had a report back from DJI apparently the battery cut off

They are replacing all parts under warranty ,which is good because repair quoted was £529 !

yep nearly had heart attack when I saw costs , but then realised was being done under warranty .

I was using the Mavic to spy on my exgirlfriends kinky sexual exploits with her current boyfriend on their penthouse balcony and a pair of panties was thrown into the rear propellers. Needless to say the Mavic took a high dive into the bushes down below. Gimble was toast, will DJI fix this unit if I send it back? Will they require the panties ? I sort of wanted to hang on to those for sentimental reasons....
So long as you include the video card with all the kinky video, they'll fix it for free.

If you put some bizarre animal Japanese Anime sex on the card, they'll send you a backup Mavic with your complimentary repaired one.

So long as you include the video card with all the kinky video, they'll fix it for free.

If you put some bizarre animal Japanese Anime sex on the card, they'll send you a backup Mavic with your complimentary repaired one.

Lol

Off to the petting zoo with my Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor