DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini 1 stuck at full throttle

StaluUu

Reactions
Hello, my mavic mini is getting stuck at full throttle on random occasion no error. It ignores even the max height limit set in the app, and keeps climbing. Does any of you know how could I fix it? I recalibrated everything many times but nothing changed. When on the ground I sometimes see calibrate ima message pop up for millisecond and then it just goes away by it’s own.

I would follow the advice here:

And then post the link to your flight log for others to review.

Reactions: StaluUu
I would follow the advice here:
Though reading the linked to page is, with out doubt, useful, it looks to me as if they already have the logs on Airdata. If that is correct then all they need do is either upload the txt's directly to Phantomhelp or, if they used the Airdata app etc. to upload those logs to Airdata, down load the "Original"s from Airdata and then upload those to Phantomhelp.

Thanks for all the reply. Please find datalogs attached: DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

Just some note to that: It only hapens when i go full throttle up, then it locks. When i fly gently close to myself all works normally. When i go full throttle for even 2 sec. It starts to climb by itself. Switching modes etc. is not doing anything to the drone. I have not tested it a lot due to heavy winds recently. Drone had small accident and i bought it with glued one arm but other than that no other visible damages. I Have made all calibrations that i could (IMU, compas, control) also i have cleaned sensors on the bottom.

Once again thanks for support.

I look at the logs on the Phantom help and obviously something is not right:
Drone is climbing up, VPS is not working, and speed is 0 mph. No idea what causes this behavior.
1684004403022.png

Last edited:
Just some note to that: It only hapens when i go full throttle up, then it locks. When i fly gently close to myself all works normally. When i go full throttle for even 2 sec. It starts to climb by itself.
With that in mind I would have a look at what the app shows when you go to the controller calibration section and Strat to fiddle with the throttle. The apparent throttle control seems very twitchy in places.

Is a height of -31m possible when the drone was only 14m from the home point, @ 3min 41sec ? There might be a hill somewhere near there but that would be a blooming steep drop if it is.

Besides the descent speeds during that 'descent' are impossible, in sec 218 it 'drops' from -2.66m to -15.40m.
One for @slup, @Meta4, @sar104 I think.

Last edited:
With that in mind I would have a look at what the app shows when you go to the controller calibration section and Strat to fiddle with the throttle. The apparent throttle control seems very twitchy in places.

Is a height of -31m possible when the drone was only 14m from the home point, @ 3min 41sec ? There might be a hill somewhere near there but that would be a blooming steep drop if it is.
Thanks for the reply, there is no hill or anything. I flew easy for around 3,3 minutes to check if its ok. Then around 3,3 i put full blast on throttle for 1 sec and let it go but mavic was kept going up to c.a 110ft even when the max height was set way way lower. Throttle control could look twitchy due to the fact that I was trying the limits of mavic to initiate this weird behavior. when it shows -31m mavic was at aroun +60 ft not low - it was climbing.

Please also find actual drone fotage from this flight:

Thanks for the reply, there is no hill or anything. I flew easy for around 3,3 minutes to check if its ok. Then around 3,3 i put full blast on throttle for 1 sec and let it go but mavic was kept going up to c.a 110ft even when the max height was set way way lower. Throttle control could look twitchy due to the fact that I was trying the limits of mavic to initiate this weird behavior. when it shows -31m mavic was at aroun +60 ft not low - it was climbing.
Have you played with the firmware or anything? I ask because the names of the files that I downloaded from Phantom help lacked [ ] around the time portion of the "yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss]"

Have you played with the firmware or anything? I ask because the names of the files that I downloaded from Phantom help lacked [ ] around the time portion of the "yyyy-mm-dd_[hh-mm-ss]"
I have bought used drone, myself have not. Is there any possibility to flash with stock firmware via PC? I also export from IOS device if thats make any diference

I have bought used drone, myself have not. Is there any possibility to flash with stock firmware via PC? I also export from IOS device if thats make any diference
Ahhh the iOS thing might make a difference, it stirs something in the back of my mind.

This doesn't seem to be as simple as something disturbing the VPS sensor, making the drone think it needs to ascend... it rather looks like a IMU or a Flight Controller issue.

From the video it's confirmed that the flight was performed over flat ground without a possibility to descend over 90ft below the HP... so that height value is wrong (red graph below & the indicated descent starts where I've placed the chart marker at 217,6sec).

Where the drone seems to descend through solid ground the drone yaw's (black graph) uncommanded (blue graph= stick command - value 1024 is neutral) not far from a half turn back & forth.

About a second after the false descent have started the event stream from the TXT log says...

218.8 : Bd silnika Sprawd miga i le ostronie.
218.8 : Motor Fault Check Blinking and Wrong Caution. (Google translate)

This is usually a indicator of that one of the props can't produce enough thrust due to flattened props which needs to be replaced.

Further forward at 223,4sec a "NotEnoughForce" error comes in (the greyish background color), but disappears again at 229,4sec.

1684147156840.png
To me it looks like the Flight Controller thought that the drone was descending uncommanded & responded by spinning the motors faster to counter that false descent & maintain height. As the descent was false it instead led to a uncommanded ascent.

Maybe the mobile device stored DAT log can reveal more... the correct one for this flight ends with FLY065.DAT & is stored in the mobile device you flew with, in the same place as the TXT log you've already shared but in a sub-folder there called MCDatFlightRecords. Retrieve it & attach it in a new post here in this thread.

• Love
This doesn't seem to be as simple as something disturbing the VPS sensor, making the drone think it needs to ascend... it rather looks like a IMU or a Flight Controller issue.

From the video it's confirmed that the flight was performed over flat ground without a possibility to descend over 90ft below the HP... so that height value is wrong (red graph below & the indicated descent starts where I've placed the chart marker at 217,6sec).

Where the drone seems to descend through solid ground the drone yaw's (black graph) uncommanded (blue graph= stick command - value 1024 is neutral) not far from a half turn back & forth.

About a second after the false descent have started the event stream from the TXT log says...

218.8 : Bd silnika Sprawd miga i le ostronie.
218.8 : Motor Fault Check Blinking and Wrong Caution. (Google translate)

This is usually a indicator of that one of the props can't produce enough thrust due to flattened props which needs to be replaced.

Further forward at 223,4sec a "NotEnoughForce" error comes in (the greyish background color), but disappears again at 229,4sec.

View attachment 164120
To me it looks like the Flight Controller thought that the drone was descending uncommanded & responded by spinning the motors faster to counter that false descent & maintain height. As the descent was false it instead led to a uncommanded ascent.

Maybe the mobile device stored DAT log can reveal more... the correct one for this flight ends with FLY065.DAT & is stored in the mobile device you flew with, in the same place as the TXT log you've already shared but in a sub-folder there called MCDatFlightRecords. Retrieve it & attach it in a new post here in this thread.
Dear Slup, thank you for your help! And sorry for my late response. Please find attached log that you asked for. Thanks again for your help! :) Also regaring the props, all of the props are 100% not faulty as i checked them befor flight and now.

Attachments

• 2023-05-13_11-39-38_FLY065.dat
    3.8 MB · Views: 9
1) The motor rpm from the DAT for the whole DAT max speeds
FR = 14,406
FL = 15,302
RR =14,157
RL = 15,272
2) zoomed in around max motor rpm
3 = 1) + throttle as shown by .txt flight log.
I think the FL & RL maximums are rather high

Attachments

• 309-motor speeds 1.png
    309-motor speeds 1.png
    81.3 KB · Views: 9
  • 309-motor speeds 2.png
    309-motor speeds 2.png
    58 KB · Views: 9
  • 309-motor speeds 3.png
    309-motor speeds 3.png
    92.1 KB · Views: 9
1) The motor rpm from the DAT for the whole DAT max speeds
FR = 14,406
FL = 15,302
RR =14,157
RL = 15,272
2) zoomed in around max motor rpm
3 = 1) + throttle as shown by .txt flight log.
I think the FL & RL maximums are rather high
Thank you for that. Have in mid that at this time the wind was quite strong atm. That can cause this behavior? Also do you have any sugestion what can cause this, and any possible fix? Thanks again! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada