DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini 2 (just appeared on FCC's site)

Assuming they keep the Mini 2 under 250g, that's a matter of physics. No amount of design genius will keep a 249g drone stable in a 30+ mph winds.
Although weight will provide inertial damping, it's force that provides the ability to combat wind. As a matter of fact a smaller package reduces surface for wind drag. Some bugs can fly in high winds.

My

Really don’t care about our registration as long as I fly right. Most important to me is wanting mini to be able to shoot raw and be able to see still photos on IPhone right after shooting it without having to download the files to see them. Why can’t DJI just let you view the low res version pictures like the low resolution videos. That way you can get a good idea if the shot was good or another is required.
All the cache is is recording what's already received for FPV.

E
All the cache is is recording what's already received for FPV.
I would just like it if I could view the photos right after I take them without downloading them. Would like to click on “album “ and not only view videos but also photos. Photos are never there. Maybe down the road it will be offered in an update.

Reactions: Ronny St.
E
I would just like it if I could view the photos right after I take them without downloading them. Would like to click on “album “ and not only view videos but also photos. Photos are never there. Maybe down the road it will be offered in an update.
Same here!

The head of Dji was not pleased with the video quality of the first Mavic mini. That’s why this one came out so quick

I see this line about the CEO’s disappointment with the Mini’s video quality trotted out as anecdote, but I’ve never seen the source. Does anyone know where that quote is? Like, is it in an interview or is it just coming from blogs repeating it as rumor-fact?

Reactions: Malcx
Same here!
Wow this shows how green Iam but I found out how to view my photos right after I take them with my mini. Going through and pretty much clicking everything in the DJI fly app I did find a way. . After I take a pic and am attached to the bird all I have to do to see that photo is go to the opening page of the application and click “album” at bottom left of page. There are 2 choices to pick from at top center. The software defaults to “DJI fly”. All the videos are there but no photos. Click “aircraft” and as long as you are still tethered to the mini “Bingo”. There are the photos and the videos. I know you are viewing fron the sdcard but at least I can see thi pics and determine if exposure and cropping is close without having to download them all first and retake if I need to.

I’m sure that there would probably be more days when I could fly a MA2 but, even then, I would probably still prefer to wait for days which weren’t as windy. OcuSync is undoubtedly a great feature but I haven’t yet run out of signal range with my Mini before I’ve lost sight of it so not an issue for me.
Agreed. While OCCUSYNC is great, the Wifi on the mini is actually pretty darn good. Also, the Air 2 doesn’t come close to reaching the advertised 6 miles. Every video on YT I see it cuts out at around 2 miles.

Wow this shows how green Iam but I found out how to view my photos right after I take them with my mini. Going through and pretty much clicking everything in the DJI fly app I did find a way. . After I take a pic and am attached to the bird all I have to do to see that photo is go to the opening page of the application and click “album” at bottom left of page. There are 2 choices to pick from at top center. The software defaults to “DJI fly”. All the videos are there but no photos. Click “aircraft” and as long as you are still tethered to the mini “Bingo”. There are the photos and the videos. I know you are viewing fron the sdcard but at least I can see thi pics and determine if exposure and cropping is close without having to download them all first and retake if I need to.
Full res photos and videos can be downloaded direct from the drone via the RC link, basically by doing exactly what you described above. Individual photos are quite quick to transfer but videos, especially longer ones, can take a while to transfer, and you need the drone and RC powered up and linked for the full duration.

Glad you've found out how to view photos quickly though Thumbswayup Also a minor bugbear of mine that the cache only includes videos (at a lower res, as it is essentially just a screen recording of the live view) and no photos. It wouldn't be hard to include an option to automatically download (via the RC) photos either at full res or lower res.

The head of Dji was not pleased with the video quality of the first Mavic mini. That’s why this one came out so quick
4K video will certainly look better on a 4K TV than a 2.7K video, but I wouldn't really expect any significant improvement in "video quality" if you're downsizing to view at 1080p anyway -- the technology hasn't changed much in a year. Noticeably better video quality would require a larger sensor for higher dynamic range.

Well great, now I won’t never be able to sell this Mini and get nothing out of it to get a Air2 ?
Sure was hoping to see a 3 next. Oh well ?‍♂️
The day I unboxed my Mini I held it up in the Air and said to myself " To bad it wasn't 4k, oh well, there must be a reason for that" then months later 4k.....I guess they could of made it 4k from the get go.

Reactions: dirkclod
I think DJI must have recognized the need for a 4k camera with similar specs to the Mini1 in regard to weight. With so many restrictions in countries beyond the US I can see how this would fill a need that pretty much no other drone company can match.

I think DJI must have recognized the need for a 4k camera with similar specs to the Mini1 in regard to weight. With so many restrictions in countries beyond the US I can see how this would fill a need that pretty much no other drone company can match.

Exactly! That's what I wrote in another post, there's no other drone manufacturer that has been able to produce a decent drone that weighs less than 250g and at the same time have a good quality 4K camera with 3 axis gimbal that also takes at least 12MP stills with RAW option!
Parrot had the potential to make one with such specifications, the Anafi was close at 320g, but sadly they abandoned the "normal consumers" like us and decided to go the commercial route with the non-affordable and ultra expensive industrial grade Anafi 2 ☹️
And here in the US they're also going to implement an unwelcome remote ID requirement that has been highly critized; if such requirement ends not applying to drones below 250g, then the necessity and market for a good sub-250g drone will be even higher here!
There's no doubt DJI has been aware of this, and I guess that's why they are being so fast in releasing a better 2nd version 4K Mini.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis