DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini - 5600m flying from a moving car

lovely part of Wales me thinks but heh could be miles out

No wild claims about +5000m range on CE version of the MM? ?

I tried this once with a Spark but found we had to drive quite slowly (ie 15mph) so that the drone could keep up properly. What speeds were you typically doing in the car?

Reactions: old man mavic
Was the car a convertible or closed? Windows open or closed? How close were you to the drone. I have wanted to do this but was concerned about the structure of the car blocking the signal.

Thank you for sharing. I rarely watch a flying video that is over 3 minutes, but enjoyed your entire road trip.

Reactions: MOFO64
Very impressive. I'm guessing that you were shooting from the blue car that was seen a few times. What size screen were you viewing the drone on? I'm surprised how well you were able to stay connected. Like I say..very impressive!

They looked like Scottish sheep to me.

Indeed those are Scottish sheep! Thumbswayup

Was the car a convertible or closed? Windows open or closed? How close were you to the drone. I have wanted to do this but was concerned about the structure of the car blocking the signal.

Car is closed yeah. Passenger window was open a couple of inches so I could hear the MM throughout. We were never more than 80-100m or so away from the craft. There were no connection/video feed issues at all during the flight, the car doesn't seem to impact the range at all. Perhaps if you were to fly really high directly above the car then the roof may cause issues then but not when flying infront or behind the vehicle.

Very impressive. I'm guessing that you were shooting from the blue car that was seen a few times. What size screen were you viewing the drone on? I'm surprised how well you were able to stay connected. Like I say..very impressive!

Thanks. Yes that was our car. I using a Huawei P-Smart android phone with 6.21" screen during this flight.

well it had to be one or the other the Brecon Beacons where i fly a lot are just like the scenery in your vid

Car is closed yeah. Passenger window was open a couple of inches so I could hear the MM throughout. We were never more than 80-100m or so away from the craft. There were no connection/video feed issues at all during the flight, the car doesn't seem to impact the range at all. Perhaps if you were to fly really high directly above the car then the roof may cause issues then but not when flying infront or behind the vehicle.
Thanks!...once again...really liked it:)

Thanks. Yes that was our car. I using a Huawei P-Smart android phone with 6.21" screen during this flight.

Really liked it!

Is it legal to fly from a moving car? I've wanted to try it but I'm pretty sure it's illegal in the states. Awesome vid.

Would that be the HUAWEI P Smart (2019) - 64 GB ? and what was android version?

Love it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clang123