DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini and Pixel 3

MontanaFarmer

Reactions
Hi all!

So I'm basically all set to purchase the Mavic Mini, but I need to find something out first.

Will it work with a Pixel 3? I see that the Pixel 3 XL, Pixel 2 XL, and Pixel 2 are all listed as working options, but I don't see the Pixel 3. Did they just make a mistake? I really don't want to buy a $500 paper weight.

Thanks for any and all advice!

Most reasonably up to date Androids will work, but it's a try and see. DJI isn't going to test and list all Android models out there.
However compatibility has improved with app updates since 11/11.
It does seem that specs are expecting 4GB of RAM so if you don't see It in Google Play, you may have less installed. People have had success in downloading the APK from DJI and installing with less than 4GB.

Most reasonably up to date Androids will work, but it's a try and see. DJI isn't going to test and list all Android models out there.
However compatibility has improved with app updates since 11/11.
It does seem that specs are expecting 4GB of RAM so if you don't see It in Google Play, you may have less installed. People have had success in downloading the APK from DJI and installing with less than 4GB.

I do have DJI Fly downloaded and everything seems to work. Obviously no drone yet. This will be my first drone, so I don't know a whole lot. What is the APK?

Android app installer file, the file you downloaded. It has an APK extension.
If you successfully installed and launched the app, it probably will work. First version of the app it could crash on MM connection but that appears to be resolved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neverbobomalem