DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini apps

Well I'm an app nerd so I have a few besides DJI GO4 (in your case DJI FLY)

All this is based on Android ...

AZ Screen Recorder (for recording everything that's on my phone screen when I'm flying, don't use it everytime but once in a while)
Clinometer & Geometry (to calculate on which altitude & distance the drone goes out of LOS if I'm surrounded by high objects like trees or buildings)
WiFi Analyzer (to check off the surroundings regarding wifi disturbance)
GPS Test (to check the positions of the satellites)
Exposure Calculator (have it set so I can check the exposure values with my phone, convert it to my Mavic Air & add ND filter strengths in the app for the 180 degree rule for video)
Planit Pro (for sun/moon directions ... but most for checking off how the image section looks like on different altitudes ... it has a Mavic Air profile, really accurate for pre-planning)
UAV Forecast (for the weather, KPI values, locked satellites & wind forecasts in different altitudes)
Battery Charge Limit (Require a rooted phone, but it stops the phone to take charge from the RC, still don't prohibit it totally, have mine set to only accept charge from the RC under 15% & charge to 40%)

Well ... that's all :D

You will need Airpmap or Kittyhawk for LAANC authorization. Either one will work. It's a matter of preference.

Reactions: Thomas B
Besides these standard related apps, I read another post here somewhere on the forum that DJI have now released tech to outside app makers to allow secondary apps to be made for the mini.
Won't be long before Litchi type apps are available.

I've got one more for you from the FAA
B4UFLY
App store free download

Sorry I didn't realize kitty hawk would bring this app up

Last edited:
Does anyone know if one specific DJI Mavic Mini can be controlled, at different times, from BOTH an Android App and an IOS App on different mobiles? i.e alternate control between Android and IOS mobiles with two different pilots.

Does anyone know if one specific DJI Mavic Mini can be controlled, at different times, from BOTH an Android App and an IOS App on different mobiles? i.e alternate control between Android and IOS mobiles with two different pilots.
Pretty sure about that ... it's mainly the same app but coded for 2 different platforms, user result should be the same. The only thing that can happen is that values dialed in through one app & which is stored in the AC will then overwrite values in the other app when that is hooked up (think RTH altitude is one of that kind of value).

Haven't a mix of iOS & Android myself, instead 2 android phones & one android tablet for my Mavic Air ... certain values is overwritten when I switch device. Can't imagine that the device mix you present should be a problem ... go ahead & try it out, but take it into your startup procedure to quickly scroll through all settings when you swop devices..

Reactions: Zyka and SteveNC
Pretty sure about that ... it's mainly the same app but coded for 2 different platforms, user result should be the same. The only thing that can happen is that values dialed in through one app & which is stored in the AC will then overwrite values in the other app when that is hooked up (think RTH altitude is one of that kind of value).

Haven't a mix of iOS & Android myself, instead 2 android phones & one android tablet for my Mavic Air ... certain values is overwritten when I switch device. Can't imagine that the device mix you present should be a problem ... go ahead & try it out, but take it into your startup procedure to quickly scroll through all settings when you swop devices..

can confirm this having used mine on samsung s7, s8 and s9 devices without issue.

Reactions: SteveNC
You will need Airpmap or Kittyhawk for LAANC authorization. Either one will work. It's a matter of preference.
I'm confused about Airmap/Kittyhawk. Since you get authorization inside the DJI Fly app, how does airman/kittyhawk matter or help in terms of authorization? Thanks in advance, I'm new at this...

I'm confused about Airmap/Kittyhawk. Since you get authorization inside the DJI Fly app, how does airman/kittyhawk matter or help in terms of authorization? Thanks in advance, I'm new at this...
I have always gotten clearance from AirMap or FAA DroneZone. I have never asked DJI for permission to fly with any of my drones nor communicated with them regarding flight clearance in any way...., and never had a problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
User711