DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini battery charging

cellis50

Reactions
How long does it take to charge a mm battery?? It’s taken hours to charge my two battery’s, I’m charging them with the charger that came with the drone .. I’m not useing a hub just a single charge on each battery.. thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
which charger are you using is it a 18 w one and are you using the supplied lead if you got a fly more package why are you not using the hub

in the UK we only get a mains charger if we purchase the fly more combo with 3 batts if its the basic model we don't get a charger which one did you get

I just got the basic not the fly more combo
so check the output of your charger is it an 18w one, also do the lights flash quite quickly when the battery is being charged even if you have the correct charger and lead then the batteries will take around 90 mins to charge from 20% to full

so check the output of your charger is it an 18w one, also do the lights flash quite quickly when the battery is being charged even if you have the correct charger and lead then the batteries will take around 90 mins to charge from 20% to full
The output is 5 v 1 a the lights blink slow

The output is 5 v 1 a the lights blink slow
right you need to get a fast charger with a higher output and use the thick cable that came with the drone, the sort of charger you have will take a considerable time to charge them im afraid, it is ok for charging the controller i think you can go up to a 25w charger for the batts you can find them on the web

right you need to get a fast charger with a higher output and use the thick cable that came with the drone, the sort of charger you have will take a considerable time to charge them im afraid, it is ok for charging the controller i think you can go up to a 25w charger for the batts you can find them on the web
Ok thanks for your help ill go get one this week. Thanks again

You should be charging close to 2 A. As said, either the charger is not powerful enough or the cable is too light for the load.

You should be charging close to 2 A. As said, either the charger is not powerful enough or the cable is too light for the load.
I’m useing the charger and cord that came with the drone, I don’t know why they would use this when it takes so long to charge a battery

I got it from dji brand new payed 399 for it. Its the mm fly more drone not the bundle package
i am surprised you got a mains charger with it they don't normally come with one only in the flymore combo

Reactions: IFlyhigh37
So you're mini only came with a white USB wall plug and cable, correct? And it's listed as 5 volt 1 amp? Something doesn't add up. I have an amp gauge hooked up to my charger and it will start at close to two amps with rapid blinking. As soon as it drops to one amp (near the end of the charge cycle) blinking slows dramatically. Do you possibly have another USB charger that is listed at more than 1 amp to try? You might want to buy a charger that will do more than one battery at a time. 90 minutes each

So you're mini only came with a white USB wall plug and cable, correct? And it's listed as 5 volt 1 amp? Something doesn't add up. I have an amp gauge hooked up to my charger and it will start at close to two amps with rapid blinking. As soon as it drops to one amp (near the end of the charge cycle) blinking slows dramatically. Do you possibly have another USB charger that is listed at more than 1 amp to try? You might want to buy a charger that will do more than one battery at a time. 90 minutes each
Yes it came with a white charger and cable and it’s 5 volt 1 amp. When I start charging it blinks very slow. I’m going to get something that charges a lot faster. I’m going to get one that is 18 volts that should do the job I hope.

Here’s what I have found to give high power supply to battery charger, whether the fly-more battery unit or directly to the mavic mini.
Look on ebay for google pixel charger, 18 watt. It usually will come with a USB-C output socket and be priced somewhere around US $10. Most that I have purchased were good units. Then, from ebay or amazon, get a USB-C to USB-micro cable. these should be capable of 3Amps or more. Put the two together and you have an industrial-strength charging system.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d