DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini combo at Costco $389.99

Miss Chrisy Co

Reactions
Costco has a deal with a charging station and an extra battery with the single unit.

2 Batteries, Mavic Mini, and a Charging station for $389.99 available at local stores and online at costco.com12123.png

I have issues with this deal. It undercuts regular dealers and leaves those of us who purchased our Minis from DJI a bit disappointed. Furthermore, adding the charging station and an extra battery and then lowering the price below what each of us paid further hurts. This kind of bulk deal with COSTCO leaves everyone a bit taken back. The only reason I see for DJI cutting this deal is 1) the Pandemic has impacted their bottom line and a large bulk sale assists the bottom line -or- they want to reduce MM inventory quickly.

I have issues with this deal. It undercuts regular dealers and leaves those of us who purchased our Minis from DJI a bit disappointed. Furthermore, adding the charging station and an extra battery and then lowering the price below what each of us paid further hurts. This kind of bulk deal with COSTCO leaves everyone a bit taken back. The only reason I see for DJI cutting this deal is 1) the Pandemic has impacted their bottom line and a large bulk sale assists the bottom line -or- they want to reduce MM inventory quickly.

Costco only carries things that they can offer a better deal on than anyone else. I would agree with your sentiment that it undercuts the value others have paid if this was available at launch, but it's been over 6 months since release, I have gotten 6 months of flight time vs someone who purchases it now. Eventually it will be replaced by a new model and go on clearance, I wouldnt see that as undercutting the value of the unit I purchased full price at launch.

I also see it as a godsend for anyone who may have lost their mini or crashed without DJI Refresh, now they can get another unit for a better price with a few extras.

Also not everyone has access to Costco, or to a Costco membership, this is an exclusive deal available only for members. DJI probably made the deal to clear out some inventory to make room for the Mavic Air 2.

Wife says she wants to get me a drone for my birthday and I settled on the Mavic Mini. With my Costco Credit card I get an additional 2% cash back and no sales tax here in OR, should I jump on this?

[QUOTE="Miss Chrisy Co, post: 975097, ... Eventually it will be replaced by a new model and go on clearance....DJI probably made the deal to clear out some inventory to make room for the Mavic Air 2.
[/QUOTE]
In electronics Costco typically carries items that are past their prime.

Have you seen a better deal?
Yes. Fly more combo has been around before I started looking for similar or better.

I just don't know if I should wait for another fly more combo deal or just jump on this. Sounds like from everyone's response I should just jump on this and Costco is my preferred place to buy electronics.

Will update if I am able to get to Costco today.

Wife says she wants to get me a drone for my birthday and I settled on the Mavic Mini. With my Costco Credit card I get an additional 2% cash back and no sales tax here in OR, should I jump on this?
I would say “yes” unless you want the flymore combo.?

• Haha
Reactions: omontesb
Yes. Fly more combo has been around before I started looking for similar or better.

I just don't know if I should wait for another fly more combo deal or just jump on this. Sounds like from everyone's response I should just jump on this and Costco is my preferred place to buy electronics.

Will update if I am able to get to Costco today.

Better to take the deal that is available than wait for one that nobody knows if and when it will come back. Would depends on your needs I guess. It’s getting warm. Get it now lol.

Reactions: KevAHaey
I would say “yes” unless you want the flymore combo.?
Judging from the fact nobody here is telling me to wait for another fly more combo I'll probably just jump on this. So crazy because it literally appeared the other night on my regular Costco search of "DJI" and I almost bought it on the spot but I'm a procrastinator and I always research and sleep on something before a non-trivial purchase.

I just bought the Fly More combo off ScAmazon for $499. So while $110 more, I get: another battery (total of 3), the prop guards, extra cables, a case, the charging wall brick (optimized for fast-charging) and the 3 battery charging smart hub. I'd still buy the Fly More combo myself--just one extra battery is $50.

Last edited:
Reactions: Brojon
I just bought the Fly More combo off ScAmazon for $499. So while $110 more, I get: another battery (total of 3), the prop guards, extra cables, a case, the charging wall brick (optimized for fast-charging) and the 3 battery charging smart hub. I'd still by the Fly More combo myself--just one extra battery is $50.
Yes and if my wife uses her Amazon card she gets 5% back. Thank you for your input! We're just soaking up the sun here and I hate Costco this early. Everyone lines up around the parking lot for TP.

Wish we could access this deal in the uk... our prices don’t come anywhere near this and the Costco.co.uk site doesn’t have any DJI products on there ?☹️

Yes and if my wife uses her Amazon card she gets 5% back. Thank you for your input! We're just soaking up the sun here and I hate Costco this early. Everyone lines up around the parking lot for TP.
Also I do prefer the charging brick over the display charger.

Reactions: Nonprophet
My wife and I both prefer to buy from Costco, who pays their employees well and with good benefits. I've also always loved their return policy.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi