DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini FCC Version Hack for Full Power in EU

Your mini is the CE version?? as i know the fcc hack not working with full power in CE models.
Yes it is CE. This video is 2 days old. Before the hacks i got about the same distance with Sunnylife antennas but with many weak signals and i had to find the drone 200 meters away (5% battery life) a few days ago. Now i don't have a warning about weak signal and the battery last longer. Same place same weather. Nothing for sure, but it looks smoother.

Last edited:
I will try with 5.8ghz tomorrow (near urban area). I have around 600-700 meters before all those tweaks. I let you know in a day or 2.
Update: I got 1.2 khm inside the city now at 5.8ghz. Same area traveling. I think it can go further. I was flying the drone from inside the house (not from the balcony outside) with open doors from 4th floor as the other times that i got only 700+ meters.

Hi @Pericles your video its amazing !!

Ive mavic mini and this time im works in SPAIN with FCC mode with Facke GPS and DJI fly 1.1.2 Version. and 1.00.04 mavic mini version and controler the same 1.00.04.

My question its; RC BOOST its beether that my FCC forced Signal?

Now I proceed as follows:
1 -First i conect my Mavic mini and my RC controler
2- when lights signals are solid take off the drone
3- then connect the smartphone to the RC controller. It is a bit tedious, but it works.
4- Finaly before landing I disconnect the smarphone from the drone and turn it off to keep the FCC mode.

Second question: To changed my Controler to RC BOOST i need to buy a Licence? or its free? Thanks so much ! You are very brave taking the drone so far
Best Regards to everybody from SPAIN !!!!!

RESPONDER

Hi @Pericles your video its amazing !!

Ive mavic mini and this time im works in SPAIN with FCC mode with Facke GPS and DJI fly 1.1.2 Version. and 1.00.04 mavic mini version and controler the same 1.00.04.

My question its; RC BOOST its beether that my FCC forced Signal?

Now I proceed as follows:
1 -First i conect my Mavic mini and my RC controler
2- when lights signals are solid take off the drone
3- then connect the smartphone to the RC controller. It is a bit tedious, but it works.
4- Finaly before landing I disconnect the smarphone from the drone and turn it off to keep the FCC mode.

Second question: To changed my Controler to RC BOOST i need to buy a Licence? or its free? Thanks so much ! You are very brave taking the drone so far
Best Regards to everybody from SPAIN !!!!!

RESPONDER
Hi Sergio,

I do the same procedure to fly the drone. The only difference is that i have install version 1.1.5 after i succeed with the fcc hack (from the guide above).

I am not sure what is better. RC Boost gives the maximum output to RC (from there site: 1.8W or 1800mW). Even without the fcc hack i got great signal without any lost in video transmission. You have to pay for this one (20 euros). And you can downgrade using there app from pc. I had to restore to original RC firmware to do the FCC hack and then reinstall the hacked RC firmware.

It doesn't take time but you must follow the correct steps.

Thank you for your nice comment ?

Hi Sergio,

I do the same procedure to fly the drone. The only difference is that i have install version 1.1.5 after i succeed with the fcc hack (from the guide above).

I am not sure what is better. RC Boost gives the maximum output to RC (from there site: 1.8W or 1800mW). Even without the fcc hack i got great signal without any lost in video transmission. You have to pay for this one (20 euros). And you can downgrade using there app from pc. I had to restore to original RC firmware to do the FCC hack and then reinstall the hacked RC firmware.

It doesn't take time but you must follow the correct steps.

Thank you for your nice comment [emoji3]
Thank you for responding.

I probably only update the Mavic Mini version to 1.00.05.

I think in that version there are improvements in the video options and inprpvement of RC. If it doesn't work I can always download version.

Biggest greetings from Spain for all guys!!!

Thank you for responding.

I probably only update the Mavic Mini version to 1.00.05.

I think in that version there are improvements in the video options and inprpvement of RC. If it doesn't work I can always download version.

Biggest greetings from Spain for all guys!!!
I have it working with the latest firmware and the latest version of the app (Android).

I have it working with the latest firmware and the latest version of the app (Android).

But did you also apply the FCC mode using latest firmware and App? Or did you apply FCC using older App? Older firmware? Or both?

I'm trying to apply FCC mode with 1.005 firmware and latest official DJI Fly app (not beta or anything) but no luck as of yet :(

But did you also apply the FCC mode using latest firmware and App? Or did you apply FCC using older App? Older firmware? Or both?

I'm trying to apply FCC mode with 1.005 firmware and latest official DJI Fly app (not beta or anything) but no luck as of yet :(
Use older fly app like 1.0.8 to make the fake gps hack and then you can use the newest fly app version, you can make the hack with 0500 firmware but no with 1.1.5 and above fly app

Reactions: Soepkip
Use older fly app like 1.0.8 to make the fake gps hack and then you can use the newest fly app version, you can make the hack with 0500 firmware but no with 1.1.5 and above fly app
Thanks for the quick response, will try with 0500 firmware and 1.0.8 fly app!

Thanks for the quick response, will try with 0500 firmware and 1.0.8 fly app!
ok if you have another smartphone or tablet you can install there the older version of fly app to make the fcc hack and then use your primary device with the newest app to fly.

I did a restore to stock firmware both on rc and the mini at the latest firmware. Then i use the 1.1.2 version of the app. After that i did that steps needed with the fake gps. At the end i have update to the to 1.1.5 vesion of the app. I did not try yet the 1.1.6

ok if you have another smartphone or tablet you can install there the older version of fly app to make the fcc hack and then use your primary device with the newest app to fly.
0500 firmware and 1.0.8 app works!! Thanks.
Good idea to have the old app in another phone for 'restore FCC mode' reasons.

Have not yet tried retaining FCC mode with 1.1.5 app, but should be possible without GPS lock and disconnecting phone from RC before start/landing, right?

0500 firmware and 1.0.8 app works!! Thanks.
Good idea to have the old app in another phone for 'restore FCC mode' reasons.

Have not yet tried retaining FCC mode with 1.1.5 app, but should be possible without GPS lock and disconnecting phone from RC before start/landing, right?
Yes start without connect and let it hover front of you and then connect the phone and before landing disconnect the phone and then landing and this keeps always the fcc hack active if you make a mistake and forget to disconnect the phone just use the older version to do the hack again.

Are you sure this method still works into newest DJI Fly 1.1.6 verion ?

I unsuccesfully tried this morning :(

On my Mavic Mini CE v0500 firmware I downgraded Fly app to 1.1.2, succesfully aplied FCC boost using Fake GPS. I tested that only eleven 2.4 Ghz channels available. All ok.

I let FakeGPS enabled, drone GPS signal blocked, then I updated DJI Fly to newest 1.1.6 version and FCC boost is gone !

Please, help. This is a very interesting discussion !

I use FCC hack (also called boost) past months and I was very happy with it. I would like to hack again, but your method It's not working for me.

R.

Last edited:
Are you sure this method still works into newest DJI Fly 1.1.6 verion ?

I unsuccesfully tried this morning :(

On my Mavic Mini CE v0500 firmware I downgraded Fly app to 1.1.2, succesfully aplied FCC boost using Fake GPS. I tested that only eleven 2.4 Ghz channels available. All ok.

I left FakeGPS enabled, drone GPS signal blocked, then I updated DJI Fly to newest 1.1.6 version and FCC boost is gone !

Please, help. This is a very interesting discussion !

I use FCC hack (also called boost) past months and I was very happy with it. I would like to hack again, but your method It's not working for me.

R.
I just check for you, i was in fcc mode and i start normally with 1.1.6 fly app and of course because i have already connected my phone before i start my flight shows me the message "wifi settings changed" that means i was in fcc mode and changes the wifi to CE mode so i think also the 1.1.6 working in fcc for me, do the same to check yours

I just check for you, i was in fcc mode and i start normally with 1.1.6 fly app and of course because i have already connected my phone before i start my flight shows me the message "wifi settings changed" that means i was in fcc mode and changes the wifi to CE mode so i think also the 1.1.6 working in fcc for me, do the same to check yours

Sorry, I dont understand you ☹

FCC hack is working for you in DJI Fly 1.1.6 or not ?

R.

Ok. I understand. Fcc hack into Dji Fly1.1.6 works.

Maybe is my fault I am running dji fly without taking off drone.

Thanks a lot

R.

Reactions: zaninio
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98