DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic mini fly away

The wind direction and the response of the drone is shown on the screen: you have switch the map to compass. to see which way the ac is tilting in both angles to compensate. That along with the most basic preflight check that of wind at different altitudes which you con get in countless apps ( UAV forecast) would give you all the data you need.

does anyone knows at which angle drone needs to be tilted (when its fighting the wind) so it can trigger strong wind warning ? For Mini

does anyone knows at which angle drone needs to be tilted (when its fighting the wind) so it can trigger strong wind warning ? For Mini

I would think from any direction, the flight systems should pick up any deviation in motor speed and / or aircraft pitch.
Even going with the wind it should have this ability as it picks up excessive speed and monitors to other factors.

It's when the wind speed calculated from tilting is more than 7 metres/sec.

Reactions: Sallee
It's when the wind speed calculated from tilting is more than 7 metres/sec.
If you don’t see the horizon line at all, it’s prob not a good sign if you are fighting the wind.

What do you fly? I fly mini 2 so I use the go fly app, but I don't know if I can trust the speed it shows, even if it is ground speed as some claim. It always shows 10m/s for me in normal mode even in high wind, which makes me think it's air speed (and thus, useless)
Why is there still a suspicion that the Fly app displays any speed other than ground speed? At least when GPS is available, anyway.

Take your hands off the sticks on a breezy day. Let the drone hover. The ground speed will be zero, while the air speed will be the same as the wind speed. Which speed is displayed?

In my experience, DJI displays a speed of zero during hover. In gusty conditions, you can hear the props changing speed and watch the drone changing pitch as the drone changes its speed and direction relative to the air as needed to maintain a ground speed of zero.

If you don’t see the horizon line at all, it’s prob not a good sign if you are fighting the wind.
do u mean artificial horizon line in left bottom corner? how can that happend not to see it? At what angle drone would be

do u mean artificial horizon line in left bottom corner? how can that happend not to see it? At what angle drone would be
He meant the actual, real horizon, where the sky meets the land or sea.

Reactions: Sallee
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman