DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini "Flyaway" - forensic help requested

Don't rely on it too much. It will stop you running into a brick wall (as you as you're not travelling sideways). It won't stop you running into wires and branches.

Totally - I view obstacle avoidance like I view all the safety features in modern cars (lane keeping, backup cameras, etc) - something that CAN help avoid an accident but it does not relieve you of the responsibility of keeping aware of your circumstances.

One other thing that I noticed going from Mini 1 to Mini 3 Pro is how much quieter and lower pitched the M3P is. That might be good for you if you're flying in areas that are otherwise peaceful natural environments. One it's 40m up it's barely audible.

One other thing that I noticed going from Mini 1 to Mini 3 Pro is how much quieter and lower pitched the M3P is. That might be good for you if you're flying in areas that are otherwise peaceful natural environments. One it's 40m up it's barely audible.

I've seen that comment many times - someone even put a sound meter on a mini 2 vs a mini 3 and the mini 3 was something like 10db or more quieter. Although I don't think the original mini was very loud, being quieter is better, IMO.

It should be here today so I'm excited to start test flying it. I've tried to learn a lot from this crash and I'm hoping that I've learned enough to not have another crash.

I really do appreciate all the help, comments and suggestions that have been posted. I thought I knew a lot before this, but I've learned a TON from this crash - and I'm sure I still have a lot more to learn.

Reactions: RichR
One last update on this - I got the new Mini 3 Pro yesterday and did the first test flight with it. All I can say is WOW. Great drone, MUCH quieter than the mini 1, and the DJI RC was almost worth the upgrade by itself. A HUGE upgrade from the standard controller. So far, I'm very happy with the decision. I also opted to purchase Care Refresh given my history - I'm hoping I will not need it, but it is good to have insurance just in case.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu