DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mavic Mini Gimbal Stuck - Error 40002-40012

pilgrimage

Reactions
Hello guys, I dropped the Mavic mini into sea water. I washed the device with 80% alcohol. The device boots up smoothly but fails on the Gimbal. I'm getting 40002 and 40012 errors. How do you think I can solve this problem as the Gimbal is mechanically stuck? Camera and Gimbal could not be washed with Alcohol. What do you think I can do to fix the gimbal stuck?

It also gives imu error. Code: 30084

Imu could not be calibrated. Code: 30055

Which piece is imu? Can you share the part number?

thankyou for support.

Last edited:
Hello guys, I dropped the Mavic mini into sea water. I washed the device with 80% alcohol. The device boots up smoothly but fails on the Gimbal. I'm getting 40002 and 40012 errors. How do you think I can solve this problem as the Gimbal is mechanically stuck? Camera and Gimbal could not be washed with Alcohol. What do you think I can do to fix the gimbal stuck?

It also gives imu error. Code: 30084

Imu could not be calibrated. Code: 30055

Which piece is imu? Can you share the part number?

thankyou for support.

You might be able to use some electrical contact spray from an electronics shop to free up the gimbal
If you use 99% iso-propyl alcohol there will be less of an oily residue left behind.

Here are the error codes

** Code 30050: IMU calibration required. Calibrate IMU
- In the settings, find the IMU calibration function and calibrate according to the instructions. If it does not help, repair or replace the gps module.

** Code 30055: IMU not calibrated. Calibrate IMU
- Repeat the same steps as with the Code 30050 error.

** Code 40002: Gimbal stuck. Check whether gimbal cover is removed and ensure gimbal can rotate freely
- Be careful. You can burn the suspension motors, if you forget to remove the cover.

** Code 40011: Gimbal calibration error. Restart aircraft.
- Calibrate the gimbal in the settings. If calibration does not work, replace the gimbal.

** Code 40012: Gimbal unable to connect. Repairs required. Contact DJI Support for assistance.
- Need to replace the gimbal. Watch the video how to do it.

The Mavic Mini IMU is hanging off the gps board

Reactions: Hawkeye-dronefoto
Thanks for informations. I think I'll have to change the Gimbal and imu module Part. Will this product below work for me?

That's the gimbal and camera shell, it doesn't include the camera.
Be prepared for the effort in putting the camera into the new housing.
Hopefully the camera and camera cable aren't damaged as well, as you can't buy it by itself

That's the gimbal and camera shell, it doesn't include the camera.
Be prepared for the effort in putting the camera into the new housing.
Hopefully the camera and camera cable aren't damaged as well, as you can't buy it by itself

Thanks a lot for sharing. I don't think there is any Damage to my Camera Cable because the image is transferring smoothly. But the Gimbal is mechanically problematic. I think if I get the gimbal shell, I will have to insert my working camera into it without any problems and then I hope the gimbal won't fail.

Where can I find the blue heat thermal paste used by the Mavic? Do you have a paste that you can recommend?

Thank you.

When I connect it to the Computer via USB, the computer does not see the device. Is this normal? There are so many errors on the device right now. Is it because of that?

Does the gimbal need to be calibrated with special software after replacing the Gimbal Shell with a new one? This Software Isn't DJI Fly? Or is there a different software?

Does the gimbal need to be calibrated with special software after replacing the Gimbal Shell with a new one? This Software Isn't DJI Fly? Or is there a different software?

Hopefully you won't need to do the gimbal to the esc calibration, I understand this requires some DJI proprietary software that is not available to the public.

When I connect it to the Computer via USB, the computer does not see the device. Is this normal? There are so many errors on the device right now. Is it because of that?

PC might not have the correct USB drivers, also the drone needs to be turned on.
It however might be a corrosion issue

I'm having a similar problem with my mini. It says "gimbal stuck" but it doesn't give a code. I replaced the gimbal but no change. The camera tilts to the right after it does it's inital sync thing after booting up. I have video but it's crooked. The controller buttons won't take a picture/video but if I tap the red icon on the tablet it will. "gimbal calibration" goes to 10% and stops. I don't think you need special software. I now have a new camera/mother board power "ribbon" coming. The failure happened after a nasty crash then was lost for about twenty minutes in a pouring rain before I found it. I don't understand how a crash/rain can damage the ribbon. It still flies fine,just has a wonky camera.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Philip Chura